ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273501)

The Franchise 03-31-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10530984)
Very first time i played I hardly had any ammo (normal mode) and my dumbass never used the hearing ability or stealthed the **** out of people.

Hard got me used to that quick then i did easy and had a shit ton of ammo for every weapon and seemed like unlimited bombs

My dumbass thought the bow was worthless and never used it until the end. Like you said though....I never really ran out of bombs throughout the game. I always found enough shit to make some new ones. I really only used the nail bombs against the bloaters.

Mother****erJones 03-31-2014 05:05 PM

I'm on survivor and it's a bitch. Hardly any ammo

Mother****erJones 03-31-2014 05:07 PM

The bow is great on survivor. I did the generator part. Ran away to where u first come in. Let the runners and clickers set up. Took em out strategically with the bow. The 2 cocktails and nail bombed the bloater up stairs.

Chiefs=Champions 04-01-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10531014)
The bow is great on survivor. I did the generator part. Ran away to where u first come in. Let the runners and clickers set up. Took em out strategically with the bow. The 2 cocktails and nail bombed the bloater up stairs.

**** that. I turned on the generator then ran like the wind.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 09:40 AM

I think the scariest part of that ****ing game is when you're in the basement of that hotel and you fire that generator up. Christ, I liked to shit my pants the first time.

The Franchise 04-01-2014 09:47 AM

I'm probably going to start another playthrough on hard. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the clickers because even on normal there would be times where I'd be getting dangerously low on shivs.

jiveturkey 04-01-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10532044)
I think the scariest part of that ****ing game is when you're in the basement of that hotel and you fire that generator up. Christ, I liked to shit my pants the first time.

That took a while to figure out. What a nightmare and definitely the spookiest part of the game.

Gravedigger 04-01-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10532044)

Especially when you turn on the generator and then you're almost to the stairs and that Bloater pops out of nowhere. I'm with you on that one. :shake:

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10532078)
Especially when you turn on the generator and then you're almost to the stairs and that Bloater pops out of nowhere. I'm with you on that one. :shake:

Yep, I've beat this game a half dozen times and that part still ****s with me. The darkness, the spores floating around and the silence. Then you fire that mother****er up and expel the contents of your bladder.

kepp 04-01-2014 10:13 AM

I started playing last night on 'hard'. I think I might restart on easy. Right now I'm stuck in that high rise when they're trying to get out. When you leave the girls on the floor above and jump down into a series of rooms with 5 or 6 clickers and the like. I stealth-kill the first one easy, but then all hell breaks loose.

And what is up with forcing me to walk super slow in a crouched position even when my health is OK? That's annoying.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10532094)
I started playing last night on 'hard'. I think I might restart on easy. Right now I'm stuck in that high rise when they're trying to get out. When you leave the girls on the floor above and jump down into a series of rooms with 5 or 6 clickers and the like. I stealth-kill the first one easy, but then all hell breaks loose.

And what is up with forcing me to walk super slow in a crouched position even when my health is OK? That's annoying.

Yeah, maybe go play thru it on normal and watch how they behave so you can time it better on Hard. They have a pattern they walk so you can take them out one at a time.

ragedogg69 04-01-2014 03:45 PM

I just picked this up for $25 at gamefly. I cannot wait to play this.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2014 03:49 PM

Ah come on. The generator fight is the best part.

aturnis 04-01-2014 04:01 PM

I made the decision to play through on hard the first time. My thinking was "This is how you enjoy a game", don't regret it a bit. Sure it was hard, but we'll worth it.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 09:21 AM

On sale again at Newegg.com for $28.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9261377&cm_sp=