ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Mecca 11-11-2009 11:29 PM

I just did the one with Burger Town and Taco to Go lol...play this game on the hardest level it's tons of fun then...

007 11-11-2009 11:59 PM

I am on the "opt-out" level and about halfway through it before I had to leave for work.

Spoiler!

Priest31kc 11-12-2009 12:37 AM

MP is working for me now.....

Buck 11-12-2009 02:04 AM

kdr down to 0.93 the heart beat monitor is such bullshit

007 11-12-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6255346)
kdr down to 0.93 the heart beat monitor is such bullshit

I consider that thing nothing but a distraction. It is only good for the single player mission when you actually have the cover of fog, snow, etc.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 08:32 AM

I'm liking the Spec Ops. The freakin' sniper one took me forever to get through for some reason. Someone kept on spotting me.

Dayze 11-12-2009 08:42 AM

I finished the SP campaign last night.
I might play the entire campaign again on an increased difficulty. I’m not very good at FPS, so I could use the practice.

Then I’ll probably tackle the Spec Ops. Or maybe try a few out before finishing the campaign. Dunno.

I was surprised at how short the SP campaign seemed – I remember feeling the same way with COD 4 though too. Or, maybe it’s because I played it for about 3 hours straight the past 2 nights lol.

I need to start paying attention to what weapons I have during these things to figure out which one I like the best.

Pants 11-12-2009 09:22 AM

Finally started playing Hardcore yesterday - wow, not knowing the maps brought all the intensity back that I fell in love with in COD4. My KDR (which is at a shitty 1.35 or something like that at this point) will start going up. Finally, decided to play the SP campaign yesterday and beat it on Veteran and holy shit was it annoying... As far as the story goes, I hated it... absolutely fairly tale bullshit on IW's part, horrible SP experience for me, but then again, that's not why I got the game...

Also, I don't think I'll be prestiging this time around - there are way too many challenges and levels to do them 10 times over like I did with COD 4-1. If I find out there are real benefits to prestiging, though, I'll probably change my mind.

Loving the perks in MP so far, IW got that shit right.

Priest31kc 11-12-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6255547)
Finally started playing Hardcore yesterday - wow, not knowing the maps brought all the intensity back that I fell in love with in COD4. My KDR (which is at a shitty 1.35 or something like that at this point) will start going up. Finally, decided to play the SP campaign yesterday and beat it on Veteran and holy shit was it annoying... As far as the story goes, I hated it... absolutely fairly tale bullshit on IW's part, horribly SP experience for me, but then again, that's not why I got the game...

Also, I don't think I'll be prestiging this time around - there are way too many challenges and levels to do them 10 times over like I did with COD 4-1. If I find out there are real benefits to prestiging, though, I'll probably change my mind.

LMAO a shitty 1.35. I guess Im extremely awful as my KRD is only 0.40 at the moment.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

No shit. I was looking at all the shit you can do as far as upgrades and challenges and there is no way I'm going to work for them only to reset them. Instead of the 3 levels for everything, there are like 5 or 6 for every gun that gets you something else.

I'm on a level 5/6 of one gun and it's like 500 kills with it.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 6255554)
LMAO a shitty 1.35. I guess Im extremely awful as my KRD is only 0.40 at the moment.

I've never really cared about my k/d ratio - it's a nice number to look at - but right now I'm just as likely to go 20-4 as I am to go 4-20 and I'm at a 1.1 or so.

Pants 11-12-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6255579)
I've never really cared about my k/d ratio - it's a nice number to look at - but right now I'm just as likely to go 20-4 as I am to go 4-20 and I'm at a 1.1 or so.

I guess KDR is the only thing I really care about, lol as it's a good way to tell how well you're playing. But, yeah, I'm the same as you as far as going 20-4 or 4-20, well, dying 20 times is really hard, lol, but I get your point. I was absolutely raping people after I got the game that midnight, then the next day I got my ass handed to me a number of times and my KDR went to shit. I hate regular TDM with a passion and it felt like I could finally play the way I want to last night when I went into Hardcore.

And yeah, the challenges are ridiculous. I don't know how I'm ever going get all those sidearm ones, lol. Also, getting the ones for the perks are going to suck, because I don't want to use 90% of them.

Skyy God 11-12-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

I doubt I will either, the benefits seem minor compared to having to go against players with superior layouts.

"The prestige menu text says, 'In addition to your new prestige badge you will gain access to some new titles, emblems and challenges'...

http://www.mw2forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1440

Agree on the perks. My k/d is like 1.1, which isn't too bad for only having played 6 or so games.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6255592)
I guess KDR is the only thing I really care about, lol as it's a good way to tell how well you're playing. But, yeah, I'm the same as you as far as going 20-4 or 4-20, well, dying 20 times is really hard, lol, but I get your point. I was absolutely raping people after I got the game that midnight, then the next day I got my ass handed to me a number of times and my KDR went to shit. I hate regular TDM with a passion and it felt like I could finally play the way I want to last night when I went into Hardcore.

And yeah, the challenges are ridiculous. I don't know how I'm ever going get all those sidearm ones, lol. Also, getting the ones for the perks are going to suck, because I don't want to use 90% of them.

K/D ratio is a good way to see how well you're doing. I'm happy as long as I'm around 1.0 - just because it means that I'm not having those 4-20 games.

Yesterday, I was up at a 1.4 and then promptly got my ass handed to me for several games in a row to settle in at the 1.1. I've noticed that if I just try to go balls to the wall, it always ends badly. Had a game last night where I probably died 7 times in a row because I just kept on running and not slowing down to look at what the **** was going on.

One other thing - in COD4 - I primarily used the same perks over and over and over. One thing I'm liking about MW2 is that I'm trying out all the new shit and liking some of the perks. Right now, I'm using the scavenger one which is cool because I never run out of ammo.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6255594)
I doubt I will either, the benefits seem minor compared to having to go against players with superior layouts.

"The prestige menu text says, 'In addition to your new prestige badge you will gain access to some new titles, emblems and challenges'...

http://www.mw2forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1440

Agree on the perks. My k/d is like 1.1, which isn't too bad for only having played 6 or so games.

I would enjoy a few more create a class spots, but not sure that it's worth prestiging to get.