ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink KC BBQ: The list and poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207630)

burt 11-27-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8144846)
Nope!

you can't negate "my taste".......

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8144832)
For my taste

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8144877)
you can't negate "my taste".......

That's what she said!

burt 11-27-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8144907)
That's what she said!

LMAO:pLMAO

Great Expectations 11-27-2011 03:57 PM

Some places might have a sig item (beans at JS) that is better than the same thing at Joes, but Joes does everything great. Their pulled pork/sausage/brisket/ribs are better than anyone elses.

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8144923)
Some places might have a sig item (beans at JS) that is better than the same thing at Joes, but Joes does everything great. Their pulled pork/sausage/brisket/ribs are better than anyone elses.

I'm sure if you print this thread and show them at the register, they'll charge you the same amount "irregardless" (my new favorite non-word!!!) of your saying such nice things...

And I'm not sure I'd agree that beans or fries are ever a good reason to pick a BBQ place as the "best" BBQ.. Now, if we ever have a best "beans" or "fries" or "bathroom" or "girl at the register" thread (feel free to start onbe!!), go for it, tells us about their beans... BBQ is about the meat, not the fluff. If not, let argue who has softer napkins...

Stewie 11-27-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8144941)
I'm sure if you print this thread and show them at the register, they'll charge you the same amount "irregardless" (my new favorite non-word!!!) of your saying such nice things...

And I'm not sure I'd agree that beans or fries are ever a good reason to pick a BBQ place as the "best" BBQ.. Now, if we ever have a best "beans" or "fries" or "bathroom" or "girl at the register" thread (feel free to start onbe!!), go for it, tells us about their beans... BBQ is about the meat, not the fluff. If not, let argue who has softer napkins...

Huh? You can always tell a great BBQ restaurant by their beans. It's BBQ 101. It's integral to the meat.

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8144950)
Huh? You can always tell a great BBQ restaurant by their beans. It's BBQ 101. It's integral to the meat.

Sorry, I skip the beans, and the fries (well I do eat a few), but except for the bacon in the beans, or maybe the burnt ends, I'm not really interested.

Stewie 11-27-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8144956)
Sorry, I skip the beans, and the fries (well I do eat a few), but except for the bacon in the beans, or maybe the burnt ends, I'm not really interested.

So, you just order meat?

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8144962)
So, you just order meat?

Yes, ususally. If I'm with the family, they order enough of the other junk to give me a taste, but I'm usually unimpressed. Now the Gates fries are good, but thay're like the last thing I need. Hey, even at the WH I replace the hash browns with tomatoes... It's horrible, but I'd rather do that then have to medicate some day...

Plus, if the BBQ is good, it's not hard to skip the fillers...

Fire Me Boy! 11-27-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8144744)
and we can agree that you are full of shit.

Jack Stack is mediocre. Now, even bad barbecue is good barbecue, but Jack Stack is barbecue for people that eat with forks.

I have a long-standing problem with Jack Stack, mainly because of their "burnt ends." They're just not burnt ends.

Their beans are damn tasty, though.

burt 11-27-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8144996)
Jack Stack is mediocre.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

Stewie 11-27-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8144968)
Yes, ususally. If I'm with the family, they order enough of the other junk to give me a taste, but I'm usually unimpressed. Now the Gates fries are good, but thay're like the last thing I need. Hey, even at the WH I replace the hash browns with tomatoes... It's horrible, but I'd rather do that then have to medicate some day...

Plus, if the BBQ is good, it's not hard to skip the fillers...

But the meat is what's going to make you medicate some day.

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8145041)
But the meat is what's going to make you medicate some day.

Not like fries.... Plus, it's not like I eat BBQ every night... Oh, that reminds me, I need to tend to the ribs!!! :)

Stewie 11-27-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8145048)
Not like fries.... Plus, it's not like I eat BBQ every night... Oh, that reminds me, I need to tend to the ribs!!! :)

Fries are worse than fatty meat? Where did you dream that up?

GloryDayz 11-27-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8145059)
Fries are worse than fatty meat? Where did you dream that up?

Here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=41828

Now show me a "fries are healthy" web site..