ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294139)
So if the pick isn't a qb we're basically talking about letting Albert go to replace or doing it with Hali,it's really about the only options that make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

which is to say, there are no other options that make sense

not drafting a QB would be a catastrophe...unless for some reason you live in fear of failure, even after 30 years of failure

keg in kc 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294170)
You don't take a LT that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need a LT. Duh.

Unless you want to model yourself on the dolphins.

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293805)
So what?

This franchise shouldn't draft a guy, just to draft a guy, and further waste the careers of guys like Hali, Charles, Bowe, Johnson, etc.

We've already wasted 5+ years of their career because we traded a 2nd round pick for a backup QB in Matt ****ing Cassel.

Before that we had Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle & Tyler Thigpen.

We're going to further waste their careers if we dont get a franchise QB in here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293805)
Dumb. I don't give a **** what the Talking Can says, it's ****ing DUMB to draft a QB that's unworthy of the #1 overall selection, just because it hasn't been done in 30 years.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

What if a potential franchise QB was rated as the #10 overall player. Would you not take him only nine spots ahead of his projection because he's not rated as the #1 prospect?

You'd rather take an OT or DT? Really!? Weren't you just complaining about taking defensive linemen in the 1st? Yay let's do it again! Lets take a defensive lineman, one thats not a "sure thing" just like there's no "sure thing" QB, over a potential franchise QB, ya know, the most important position in sports, something we dont have.

Its about positional value. And QBs are the most valuable position by far.

And once again...we don't have a QB. And other teams dont either. I highly doubt Geno, Wilson or Barkley last until our 2nd pick. So let's take the 4th best QB instead of the 1st? Makes no sense.

And in your opinion, why isn't Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson worthy of the #1 pick?

Why was Sam Bradford & Cam Newton worthy, but not them?

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294158)
Or we could take Star Lotulelei, because you know we've done such a good job identifying defensive linemen...

I've seen him several times just not a fan...in my opinion Moore and Mingo are the only ones they can justify and that's with Hali moving on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 08:33 PM

If the LT is Willie Rofesque. I take him in this draft. Especially with Albert's back. I do want a QB no 1 though

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9294170)
You don't take a LT that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need a LT. Duh.

Lol THIS.

Just incredible that Chiefs fans will say you dont take a QB that isn't worth the #1 overall pick just because you need one, BUT IF BRANDEN ALBERTS BACK IS RUINED THEN WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO TAKE THE BEST AVAILABLE LT BECAUSE WERE GUNNA NEED ONE!!11!!

If we had a franchise QB and needed a LT, which we dont, than I would have no problem taking Luke Joeckel #1 overall.

But if we had a franchise QB, we wouldn't be picking #1 overall so...

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:34 PM

Odds are a Qb will cement himself at the top odds are its Geno bacause he doesn't have the physical flaws the others do.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 08:36 PM

chiefs fans will say anything to not take a QB

they have some absolutely inexplicable fear of drafting a QB...they're more afraid of drafting a QB than they are losing for decades...

RealSNR 01-07-2013 08:39 PM

I can't wait until this point next year. The Chiefs will have drafted Geno, he will have gone a full season as the starting QB, very likely exhibiting moderate success/promise/hope for the future.

Kiper/McShay will be yammering about whoever picks #1 overall this year and their likely need for a QB.

And there won't be one there this time. No Geno Smiths or Tyler Wilsons. Just shitty fart ass Teddy Bridgewater.

All they'll be able to talk about is, "Okay, THIS year there are no real QBs available. The team drafting #1 overall should really look to defense or a LT possibly."

And I'll be ****ing laughing my ass off.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9294213)
Odds are a Qb will cement himself at the top odds are its Geno bacause he doesn't have the physical flaws the others do.
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you think about Geno?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-07-2013 08:41 PM

Shitty fart ass. Love it.

ChiefRocka 01-07-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9294072)
And the LB who is now getting off his ass after getting run over, literally, is in the top 5.

Thus, take the position of greatest need and greatest upside to the organization.

Ultimately, I'll be very surprised if this isn't the approach, since no one else in the draft demands a different one.

Teo is playing like shit isn't he.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294222)
chiefs fans will say anything to not take a QB

they have some absolutely inexplicable fear of drafting a QB...they're more afraid of drafting a QB than they are losing for decades...

Losing on wildcard weekend is winning. /Chiefs fans

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9294176)
which is to say, there are no other options that make sense

not drafting a QB would be a catastrophe...unless for some reason you live in fear of failure, even after 30 years of failure

Im not understanding what people are afraid of.

They're afraid of taking a QB, but aren't afraid of taking any other position?

This just in: Other positions bust too! We've had several!

What is there to be afraid of?

If he busts, KEEP TRYING until you find one! That's the only way to win in this league.

You'd think Chiefs fans would be "fearless" in FINALLY taking a QB, THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION and scared to death of taking another defensive lineman...But its the other way around.

Chiefs fans are scared of taking a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, two QBs who have arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, etc...Something this franchise hasn't had in forever. For some reason, they don't want that.

Mecca 01-07-2013 08:44 PM

Remember when Matt Ryan was a bleh prospect? Let's ask Miami and Atlanta about this.
Posted via Mobile Device