ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Indians @ Royals 9/16 *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276351)

SPchief 09-17-2013 12:40 AM

Oh, and Chen pitches on Wed, so that's a huge difference in SP's

kstater 09-17-2013 03:59 AM

Headed to the park tonight...gonna be a long day.

Prison Bitch 09-17-2013 08:14 AM

If you had to pick 2 must wins from the last 12, it's these two vs Cleve. Their schedule is so damn easy that you simply have to catch up with them right now or else you probably won't get them. 4 vs Houston alone.

Anyong Bluth 09-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9986997)
If you had to pick 2 must wins from the last 12, it's these two vs Cleve. Their schedule is so damn easy that you simply have to catch up with them right now or else you probably won't get them. 4 vs Houston alone.

Anyone else see the story a day or 2 ago. Viewership for the Astros Angels game at just less than 1000. I didn't think so few people could give a shit.. Houston is a giant market and the same than 1000 viewers.

AndChiefs 09-17-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9987621)
Anyone else see the story a day or 2 ago. Viewership for the Astros Angels game at just less than 1000. I didn't think so few people could give a shit.. Houston is a giant market and the same than 1000 viewers.

Astros play on CSN Houston...which I believe is only carried by Comcast.

Anyong Bluth 09-17-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9987635)
Astros play on CSN Houston...which I believe is only carried by Comcast.

Doesn't a sizeable chunk of Houston have com cast- CSN is pretty established in lots of metro areas - what's the population of the Houston metro area? This isn't an obscure public access channel either, and we are talking 》1000!!! Even after KC has endured for almost going on 25 years, I don't think a Royals telecast could ever show that poorly. KC fans are still passionate about baseball but have a severe case of battered victim syndrome.
Even still, this city has more die hards that cling to the Royals losing coming to an end and the nightmare finally being over.

AndChiefs 09-17-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9987668)
Doesn't a sizeable chunk of Houston have com cast- CSN is pretty established in lots of metro areas - what's the population of the Houston metro area? This isn't an obscure public access channel either, and we are talking 》1000!!! Even after KC has endured for almost going on 25 years, I don't think a Royals telecast could ever show that poorly. KC fans are still passionate about baseball but have a severe case of battered victim syndrome.
Even still, this city has more die hards that cling to the Royals losing coming to an end and the nightmare finally being over.

I would imagine quite a few do. Don't get me wrong, 1000 is laughably low. Just commenting on what would drop the figures. I certainly don't have access to the channel.

Not that I would be watching them anyways.

BWillie 09-17-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9986768)
It's actually a smart move. There's no tape (ML) tape on him, he has an above average FB, will be on a short leash, and the bullpen is WELL rested. And Smith is in the pen for the rest of the year.

I've been hearing the argument, well, it's not big deal if he struggles and only goes 3-4 innings because we have a good bullpen and we can put in Will Smith THEN. That makes no sense to me, if that is the case, the we are already most likely losing and put ourselves in a bad position to begin with.