ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

TEX 09-26-2013 11:18 AM

I get the whole not relying on your defense to score points argument, but if you can get to the Chicago Bears level, I'd say you could count on it as a constant part of your formula for winning. KC just might have the kind of defense that can force turnovers and score / set the offense up to do so on a consistent basis. I'd say that IS good.

Bearcat 09-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10021280)
I get the whole not relying on your defense to score points argument, but if you can get to the Chicago Bears level, I'd say you could count on it as a constant part of your formula for winning. KC just might have the kind of defense that can force turnovers and score / set the offense up to do so on a consistent basis. I'd say that IS good.

Yeah... it's just harder that way, since you're relying on an entire side of the ball to play at an elite level to cover up for not having one elite quarterback. Hell, just to bring up that point, you have to go back to 2007, then back at least a decade to mention the Ravens and Bucs.

If the Chiefs defense can be that good, they can certainly make up for mediocre QB/offensive play (if you can cover up Rex Grossman...). It's asking a lot, and they'll have more opportunities to show they're up for it.

Pablo 09-26-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10021230)
Exactly there is no dilemma.

3 and 0

I see you're still hard at the troll game.

Good for you. Everybody needs to find their spot on this board.

Priest31kc 09-26-2013 11:30 AM

Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling
Just heard NFL Films' @gregcosell on @Fantasy_Guru Podcast compare Dwayne Bowe to a slow-moving tight end. Worst he's looked in years.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 10021306)
Just heard NFL Films' @gregcosell on @Fantasy_Guru Podcast compare Dwayne Bowe to a slow-moving tight end. Worst he's looked in years.

I blame Alex Smith

FringeNC 09-26-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 10021306)

Not good. Hope he didn't check out when he signed his big contract.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021315)

:facepalm:

Hard to give a **** when you give your all and end up a decoy...

notorious 09-26-2013 11:40 AM

Turnovers have won us 2 games.

Our offense WILL come around and start producing as the season progresses.

FringeNC 09-26-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021320)
:facepalm:

Hard to give a **** when you give your all and end up a decoy...

Yeah, that's exactly what the tweet says.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021315)

People don't want to hear it, because it looks like an excuse for the QB.. but there have been some noticeably lackadaisical efforts from him. I don't think he's slow, but I don't feel he is always giving 100% out there after the payday.

.. and I am a fan of Bowe as a life-long LSU fan.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10021330)
People don't want to hear it, because it looks like an excuse for the QB.. but there have been some noticeably lackadaisical efforts from him. I don't think he's slow, but I don't feel he is always giving 100% out there after the payday.

.. and I am a fan of Bowe as a life-long LSU fan.

Don't...

Cannibal 09-26-2013 11:44 AM

I don't think Bowe's dogging it. Bowe strikes me as a hard worker and he blocks well when others are getting YAC. Reports are that Bowe's been double teamed quite a bit.

I do know that he's either not getting open, or getting open too slow given our crappy pass protection.

notorious 09-26-2013 11:45 AM

Bowe will be fine.

Give the offense time. JFC

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10021335)
I don't think Bowe's dogging it. Bowe strikes me as a hard worker and he blocks well when others are getting YAC. Reports are that Bowe's been double teamed quite a bit.

Pretty much.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 11:49 AM

LMAO

it was inevitable

we traded picks for a #winnow QB because this team had talent and was ready to win now...no time to groom a risky rookie

so Smith shows up and ta-daa!...none of our players are good enough for him

Bowe is a lazy malcontent, our OL doesn't have enough first round picks on it..McCluster - who this board loves to death - is now suddenly terrible, Avery (crickets)...

it sucks we have to spend a couple more years acquiring offensive talent for our franchise QB to not throw to, but I guess it has to be done