ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rap Sheet: Talks With Alex Smith Not Progressing Well (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283410)

Baby Lee 06-05-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10672517)
I have never seen a player with more excuses for his play than Alex Smith. Simply amazing.

ROFL ROFL

"Alex Smith is the worst QB in the history of the NFL. He's never accomplished anything without a phalanx of super elite teammates, and even then he usually fails them."

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far."

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THE EXCUSES ROLLED OUT FOR THIS GUY?!?!?!?"

We have to have the dumbest-assed 'fans' in all of sportsdom.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10672789)
ROFL ROFL

"Alex Smith is the worst QB in the history of the NFL. He's never accomplished anything without a phalanx of super elite teammates, and even then he usually fails them."

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far."

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THE EXCUSES ROLLED OUT FOR THIS GUY?!?!?!?"

We have to have the dumbest-assed 'fans' in all of sportsdom.

I agree; anyone who would advocate locking him down for Cutler money, and for four years or more...absolutely ****ing "dumb-assed". Sad.

temper11 06-05-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10672526)
Smith had an elite ol, elite defense, elite running back and elite Te. And Crabtree.

So gtfo with that shit.

That's all true, with the exception of calling crabree elite in 2011 (I'm assuming you're talking about 2011). Crab didn't wake up and start playing football until the niners brought in Randy Moss in 2012. Then Crab decided he should start putting in a little effort.

Very similar to Vernon Davis. Davis was hot garbage until Singletary told him to grab his helmet and get off the field during a game. Davis came back from that a completely different player and turned his career around.

keg in kc 06-05-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10672643)
Is CP going to totally implode when Smith signs a deal similar to Colin Kaepernick's?

CP is going to totally implode regardless of what happens. It's what we do.

temper11 06-05-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10672653)
Then they went even further the following year with the guy who apparently sucks (at least according to several on here)

So....

Yes, they went even further the year later. Kap doesn't suck, they weren't behind the 8 ball coming into the season due to a lock-out, the niners were in their 2nd year in the Harbaugh/Roman offense, Kap was throwing to a vastly improved Crabtree and Randy Moss, Smith had old Crabtree and Kyle Williams (who I actually like) and Brent Swain, and the Kap led niners did not have to overcome 10 gifted points to the opposing team by the special teams unit.

Baby Lee 06-05-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10672802)
I agree; anyone who would advocate locking him down for Cutler money, and for four years or more...absolutely ****ing "dumb-assed". Sad.

Your solution /bated breath

temper11 06-05-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10672662)
You are praising Smith for team accomplishments for a team that probably would of been good with about any qb

As evident by them advancing to the SB the following year despite being qb'd by a guy who according to many on here sucks

Just saying maybe Smith was not the catalyst for their success
Whereas without Romo the Cowboys are probably a 5 win team

Clearly Kap doesn't suck. It's a flawed argument. Kap is going to be a big time QB for many years to come - assuming he doesn't take off on a run and get absolutely skull-crushed.

Baby Lee 06-05-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10672837)
Clearly Kap doesn't suck. It's a flawed argument. Kap is going to be a big time QB for many years to come - assuming he doesn't take off on a run and get absolutely knee-capped.

FYP

BossChief 06-05-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10672285)
Paid Fasano and Daniel too much $$.

Don't forget about the contract he signed Colquitt to.

I like DQ, but no way would I have given him that much...I'd have drafted his replacement.

Silly that they are drafting expensive players replacements (Albert replaced by Fisher, Flowers replaced by Gaines, Hali replaced by Ford) but at the same time are squandering the savings on guys like Fasano, Daniel and kickers and punters.

Fasano, Colquitt, Succop and Daniel have a combined cap number of 20 million in 2015.

That's 5 steps past stupid.

temper11 06-05-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 10672750)
Ok you are right, Alex was still on the team
But Kaep started 10 games that year including the playoffs and SB

I would say Alex had little to no influence on their SB run

Alex led niners won 6 out of the 11 regular season wins. No influence on the SB run?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10672836)
Your solution /bated breath

The Dee Ford Clause. Draft and replace. Mmm, I thought it would be Hali exiting stage left, but it looks like it'll be the other guy. More market value I suppose.

BossChief 06-05-2014 03:05 PM

If they plan on letting Houston walk and replacing him with Dee Ford, they deserve to get raped by a cactus.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10672877)
If they plan on letting Houston walk and replacing him with Dee Ford, they deserve to get raped by a cactus.

Not saying it's right, but...."contract, please"(grabby hands).

temper11 06-05-2014 03:15 PM

"I don't think I would be at this point so quickly if (Alex Smith) hadn't been such a great mentor to me and helped me along." Colin Kaepernick post mega-contract

For all of you out there hopeful that Murray is the QOTF, I really think the Smith/Murray transition makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than did Smith/Manziel.

temper11 06-05-2014 03:26 PM

Has everyone seen this poll over at Arrowhead pride?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/6...act-prediction

Easy 6 06-05-2014 03:29 PM

Good lawd, please don't let Houston go... God bless Tamba Hali but he's never been the athlete Houston is and is just plain getting old, the hard working diesel engine that used to make up for his lack of athleticism and speed is getting too many miles on it.

I mean, I don't wanna have to choose, Hali is a guy who DESERVES to retire a Chief... but in a recurring theme for me tonight, its a hardball world... and I want to see a championship.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 10672896)
Has everyone seen this poll over at Arrowhead pride?

Sanity leads, but too close for comfort.

FringeNC 06-06-2014 09:59 AM

Alex Smith is not a HOF-level QB. We can all agree on that. How does he compare with against other guys who have recently signed big deals or will be soon...such as Cutler, Flacco, Romo, and Dalton? In my view, Romo is the only guy that really jumps out as being obviously better than Alex Smith. Who would I prefer out of the remaining guys over Alex Smith? I dunno. Tough call.

I don't know how much Smith is worth, but assuming he gets extended, what's far more important than how much we pay him is how well he plays. For example, Baltimore's problem last year was not how much they paid Joe Flacco, but how poorly he played.

It's hard to know what to do with slightly above average QBs.

RunKC 06-06-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10672849)
Don't forget about the contract he signed Colquitt to.

I like DQ, but no way would I have given him that much...I'd have drafted his replacement.

Silly that they are drafting expensive players replacements (Albert replaced by Fisher, Flowers replaced by Gaines, Hali replaced by Ford) but at the same time are squandering the savings on guys like Fasano, Daniel and kickers and punters.

Fasano, Colquitt, Succop and Daniel have a combined cap number of 20 million in 2015.

Aaron Murray will replace Chase Daniel.

Chiefaholic 06-06-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10674574)

And Succop's replacement is likely to be Cairo Santos. If Kelce stays healthy and plays like expected, then Fasano might be on the chopping block.

Chiefnj2 06-06-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10672849)

It remains to be seen that they will pay it.

MahiMike 06-06-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10674574)

Correct.

RunKC 06-06-2014 12:29 PM

Succop, Fasano, Daniel, Tamba, Flowers, s. Smith, mays, DeVito. All these guys will be gone in 2015 (if not sooner for some)