ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official Youth, High School, College and International Wrestling Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268908)

rico 11-15-2015 12:11 PM

Did anyone catch the 30 for 30 about John Du Pont murdering Dave Schultz?! It's called "The Prince of Pennsylvania." Crazy stuff...Du Pont was actually one of the greatest things to happen for international USA wrestlers...until the squirrels got loose in his head.

vailpass 11-15-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11882376)
Truth. Total truth!

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great wrestling schools, Mizzou among them. I'm just a little partial having grown up in the Gable era...

Iowanian 11-15-2015 04:44 PM

I wrestled terry brands in a freestyle exhibition at a camp when I was a junior in HS and he as a freshman or sophomore at Iowa. I know most will probably be surprised to hear this, but he pretty much beat the shit out of me for 5 minutes.

Later that summer I met him again in a pre surgery waiting room, he was getting a shoulder fixed and I was getting ready to have something else done. He was much nicer in the waiting room than inside the circle.

vailpass 11-15-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11884721)
I wrestled terry brands in a freestyle exhibition at a camp when I was a junior in HS and he as a freshman or sophomore at Iowa. I know most will probably be surprised to hear this, but he pretty much beat the shit out of me for 5 minutes.

Later that summer I met him again in a pre surgery waiting room, he was getting a shoulder fixed and I was getting ready to have something else done. He was much nicer in the waiting room than inside the circle.

5 minutes? You must have been pretty good...

GloryDayz 11-15-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11884013)
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great wrestling schools, Mizzou among them. I'm just a little partial having grown up in the Gable era...

Oh, I know. I'm 51, so his era was just before I got into it, but the man is a true legend...

NewChief 11-21-2015 05:55 PM

Wrestled Catoosa, OK today. Fun tournament. Son went 3-2, but didn't finish with hardware. Really happy with how he wrestled though. He's showing huge improvements sincee last season already.

rico 11-22-2015 03:37 AM

Barlow McGhee beat the crap out of Zeke Moisey, 14-4 today. Mizzou kid. Who in the world is that?!

NewChief 11-27-2015 11:04 PM

6:30 am weigh in tomorrow morning. This is the kind of shit that makes me love/hate wrestling. I'd love nothing better than for us all to sleep in tomorrrow, but I'll also love nothing better than driving up to that gym with a cup of coffee in the morning.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11884721)

ROFL

GloryDayz 11-27-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11909519)
6:30 am weigh in tomorrow morning. This is the kind of shit that makes me love/hate wrestling. I'd love nothing better than for us all to sleep in tomorrrow, but I'll also love nothing better than driving up to that gym with a cup of coffee in the morning.

This....

I ALWAYS loved it when we could weigh-in the night before.

rico 11-27-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11909519)

Where is the tourney tomorrow? Good luck!!!

rico 11-27-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11884801)
5 minutes? You must have been pretty good...

My exact first thought when I read that.

NewChief 11-28-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11909588)
Where is the tourney tomorrow? Good luck!!!

Rogers, AR. And we usually do remote weigh in on Thursday or Friday, but due to the holidays and such... we're about to hit the road.

NewChief 12-13-2015 05:57 PM

My son won his first tournament today. Albeit, it was a novice tourney, but he didn't place in the same tournament last year. He won all his matches but one by fall in the 1st round. One kid took him to points, but he won 11-3.

GloryDayz 12-13-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11951165)
My son won his first tournament today. Albeit, it was a novice tourney, but he didn't place in the same tournament last year. He won all his matches but one by fall in the 1st round. One kid took him to points, but he won 11-3.

Very cool. Great work dad...