ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2013-2014 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276898)

DaFace 04-06-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10543010)
Roy is a ****ing idiot...called Backes gutless after the game and blamed Shattenkirk for his own injured mouth when it was his player leaving his feet, initiating the contact that caused said injury.

Don Cherry needs to shut the **** up too...

Roy probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but he's not wrong about any of it - just a bit overdramatic. Bordy's hit was hard, and it's unfortunate that Shatty's stick was up that high when the hit occurred, but there's no way you can call it a dirty hit - no charging, contact was to the chest, and, no, he didn't leave his feet until after contact (and even then he barely comes off the ground).

http://gfycat.com/HighlevelTartFrilledlizard

As for the retaliation, I had no issue with the Blues laying some big hits after that, and that includes the hits on MacKinnon. Where Backes went too far was dropping the gloves on a guy that clearly had no intention of obliging, then proceeding to tackle him and take a couple extra hits while he was on top of him on the ice. I think he was just frustrated that he tried to lay a hit on Mac and ended up getting thrown to the ice instead. The fact that Mac is only 18 adds to the outcry about it, but I doubt that was in Backes's mind at the moment, so that doesn't bother me much.

Jerm 04-06-2014 11:08 AM

Yeah maybe so but I mean that kind of stuff happens all the time...I'm not saying I agree with what Backes did but I just don't know how it was any more egregious than the many other times it happens.

DaFace 04-06-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10543191)
Yeah maybe so but I mean that kind of stuff happens all the time...I'm not saying I agree with what Backes did but I just don't know how it was any more egregious than the many other times it happens.

Yeah, that's just Roy being Roy. I think he's still pissed at Hitchcock for calling him a Jr. League coach back in the beginning of the year.

Makes for a fun rivalry though. :)

DaFace 04-06-2014 04:03 PM

Not sure how I feel about the Blues/Hawks game. On the one hand, I wanted to catch the Blues (even though it's a long shot). On the other, the Avs have to stay ahead of the Hawks (which is a tight battle).

Oh well. Just have to hope the Avs can keep it going tonight against the Pens.

Bearcat 04-06-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10544076)
Not sure how I feel about the Blues/Hawks game. On the one hand, I wanted to catch the Blues (even though it's a long shot). On the other, the Avs have to stay ahead of the Hawks (which is a tight battle).

Oh well. Just have to hope the Avs can keep it going tonight against the Pens.

I was hoping for a Blues win... the Avs finish with 4 on the road and they don't typically play well on those western Canada road trips. Win tonight though and they only need 3 points in those last 4 games.... and hell, they'd only be 3 back of the Blues, and the Blues play 3 teams that hold a wild card spot.

Titty Meat 04-06-2014 07:34 PM

What does everyone think of the AHL? Since KC wont get a NHL tea the AHL seems like a fun league.

Mother****erJones 04-06-2014 07:37 PM

Pens whoopin up on the Avalanche tonight with few stars out.

Pushead2 04-06-2014 07:58 PM

Disgusted with this Ducks team at the moment. Worst 5-1-1 team I've ever seen.

I'm absolutely certain that we will be another one & done unless, Andersen is healthy or Gibson starts tomorrow night and goes lights out. He is the future of our team and I wish they would just start him already.

Bearcat 04-06-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 10544610)
Disgusted with this Ducks team at the moment. Worst 5-1-1 team I've ever seen.

I'm absolutely certain that we will be another one & done unless, Andersen is healthy or Gibson starts tomorrow night and goes lights out. He is the future of our team and I wish they would just start him already.

I've always pulled for them, but yeah, they don't seem to get it.

DaFace 04-06-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10544567)
Pens whoopin up on the Avalanche tonight with few stars out.

Na, this appears to be our game lately. Expect a goal with an empty net to tie it up, followed by a win in OT. :D

Discuss Thrower 04-06-2014 08:16 PM

So the Blues have lost to two playoff teams in straight games and didn't look particularly good in the process.

DaFace 04-06-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10544560)
What does everyone think of the AHL? Since KC wont get a NHL tea the AHL seems like a fun league.

I've not personally been to an AHL game, but it's the league right below the NHL and offers some pretty solid hockey. I go to the Denver Cutthroats (well below the AHL) games from time to time, and they're a lot of fun.

Only thing I think might be annoying if you were a big fan of an AHL team is that guys are constantly going up and down from the NHL, so you'd just randomly have some of your best guys out of the lineup for a month (or forever) because they got called up.

Aside from that, it'd be a great time.

Mother****erJones 04-06-2014 08:25 PM

**** DaFace :)

DaFace 04-06-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10544660)
Na, this appears to be our game lately. Expect a goal with an empty net to tie it up, followed by a win in OT. :D

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

They got it done a little quicker than usual tonight. Tie game. :D

Mother****erJones 04-06-2014 08:30 PM

I love hockey