ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

Brock 04-27-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7595427)
The owner hate by some of the posters in this thread is staggering in both jealousy and stupidity. The support for employee entitlement beyond that which is offered by the employer and agreed upon by the employee isn't surprising.
The thought that anyone can be an owner, that being an owner is easy and requires no work is laughable.

Yeah, you haven't posted this over and over enough. We weren't really sure where you stood on the matter.

Skyy God 04-27-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

The owner hate by some of the posters in this thread is staggering in both jealousy and stupidity. The support for employee entitlement beyond that which is offered by the employer and agreed upon by the employee isn't surprising.
The thought that anyone can be an owner, that being an owner is easy and requires no work is laughable.

Anyone can be an owner. You just have to win the sperm lottery.

patteeu 04-27-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7595456)
Anyone can be an owner. You just have to win the sperm lottery.

Yeah, you haven't posted this over and over enough. We weren't really sure where you stood on the matter.

BigMeatballDave 04-27-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

The player hate by some of the posters in this thread is staggering in both jealousy and stupidity. The support for employers entitlement beyond that which is offered by the employee and agreed upon by the employer isn't surprising.
The thought that anyone can be an player, that being a player is easy and requires no work is laughable.

FYP :)

Skyy God 04-27-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7595459)

Show me one post where I said this previously.

vailpass 04-27-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7595453)

Although I appreciate your concern it really isn't necessary. Or interesting.

vailpass 04-27-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7595456)
Anyone can be a player. You just have to win the sperm lottery.

Agreed.

Ultra Peanut 04-27-2011 11:04 AM

http://i.imgur.com/oN43c.gif

patteeu 04-27-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7595462)
Show me one post where I said this previously.

Maybe I got you confused with one of the others. I wonder if they're silver spooned hypocrites like you.

Ultra Peanut 04-27-2011 11:19 AM

lol @ this being in the WSJ, btdubs

It basically says everything that needs to be said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7591412)
Roger, you are one hell of an amazing mind-blowing moron.

Its very simple: bargain in good faith. Thats it, just bargain in good faith.

EVERY GOD DAMNED MAJOR SPORT in the ENTIRE US except the NFL OPENS THEIR DAMNED BOOKS to their players.

If you need more money, fine. Prove it. If you open your books and explain why you need to take away another $600MM from the players and they dont buy it, OK fine. We'll probably have a strike and you can see who can hold out long enough.

http://i.imgur.com/sjNpq.gif

Skyy God 04-27-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7595475)
Maybe I got you confused with one of the others. I wonder if they're silver spooned hypocrites like you.

So, and answer the question honestly, does the fact you fap to Goodell's Fox News anchor wife color your opinion on this issue?

patteeu 04-27-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7595635)
So, and answer the question honestly, does the fact you fap to Goodell's Fox News anchor wife color your opinion on this issue?

No, I'm completely objective. And for the record, there are several more attractive women at Fox News AFAIC, but I don't get that channel at my house so I don't see them very often.

Swanman 04-27-2011 12:39 PM

On the subject of the owners opening their books, this not just a simple case of the players wanting access just for the hell of it. The owners are asking for money back in the new deal because of increased costs, and the players want to prove it through review of audited financial statements. The review of the books is due diligence on the part of the players as part of a good faith negotiation. The players just aren't going to hand over $1 billion per year for expense credits if the owners can't prove that the increased costs actually exist.

vailpass 04-27-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7595726)
On the subject of the owners opening their books, this not just a simple case of the players wanting access just for the hell of it. The owners are asking for money back in the new deal because of increased costs, and the players want to prove it through review of audited financial statements. The review of the books is due diligence on the part of the players as part of a good faith negotiation. The players just aren't going to hand over $1 billion per year for expense credits if the owners can't prove that the increased costs actually exist.

Incredible. Really?

kysirsoze 04-27-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7594962)
It's so vital that more Americans don't watch football than do.

Your argument is absurd. The greasy donut isn't vital, but neither is football.

:spock:

What? You just made my argument. My point was that neither are vital but no one bitches about how much doughnut barons make. How did you not get that?