ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9040226)
Your confidence that you are 1000% positive that things will play out the way you say, oh great wizard.

Reputation is worth more than money. If Alabama/Florida, Oregon, and K-State are all undefeated at the end of of the college football season, including Conf. Championship games, then K-State will be left out of the BCS Championship. That's what I'm saying. If I'm wrong (which I won't be) you can come back here, point your finger, and laugh.

Spott 10-22-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9040109)
Ummmm those say the same things.

Oregon gets in undefeated.

Whoever wins the SEC championship game gets in. However Bama or Florida can still get in with a loss.

Point is, Oregon has to lose and K-State has to win out. It won't ever be Oregon vs K-State. Someone from the SEC will be there.

A one loss SEC team will be in the National Championship game no matter what. The only team that it may be a challenge for would be Georgia since they got beat so bad by SC, but if LSU wins out they will be in it.

Saul Good 10-22-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9040576)
A one loss SEC team will be in the National Championship game no matter what. The only team that it may be a challenge for would be Georgia since they got beat so bad by SC, but if LSU wins out they will be in it.

If Oregon and KSU win out, no team with a loss will get in over either of them.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9040573)
Reputation is worth more than money. If Alabama/Florida, Oregon, and K-State are all undefeated at the end of of the college football season, including Conf. Championship games, then K-State will be left out of the BCS Championship. That's what I'm saying. If I'm wrong (which I won't be) you can come back here, point your finger, and laugh.

Which means it is not a sure thing. If it was you'd take the easy money and run just like every other human.

Understanding how the BCS works is not the same as knowing the future out come of games.

Spott 10-22-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9040738)

It's kind of a moot point because Oregon probably isn't going to win at Oregon St and beat USC twice and Alabama isn't losing to anyone, but there's no way the SEC champion won't be in the title game. If Oregon wins out with the schedule they have, they will also jump KSU.

Saul Good 10-22-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9040791)
It's kind of a moot point because Oregon probably isn't going to win at Oregon St and beat USC twice and Alabama isn't losing to anyone, but there's no way the SEC champion won't be in the title game.

There is absolutely a way the SEC champion could be left out.

O.city 10-22-2012 08:49 PM

SEC might get hurt a little for it's lower tier teams this year.

Bama is clearly the class. Florida is unblemished at this point as well.

Georgia has been blown out by SC and almost lost to Kentucky, were also played close for a while by a struggling MU team, SC lost to LSU and should have lost to Vandy. LSU has had some average games as well.

Now, the SEC is still the best conference in CFB, but where it hung its hat in previous years of being so deep, it's not as much this year.

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9040738)

Just flat out not ****ing true. Ok? Whoever wins the SEC championship is going to be there. I know you k-state fans don't like that shit, but it's been pretty much proven that the SEC winner is going to the NC game. This year is no different.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9040903)
Just flat out not ****ing true. Ok? Whoever wins the SEC championship is going to be there. I know you k-state fans don't like that shit, but it's been pretty much proven that the SEC winner is going to the NC game. This year is no different.

It very well could be true if KSU and Oregon are the ONLY undefeated teams (which I highly doubt). It is not out side the realm of possibilities.

I do not understand why some of you are so incapable of realizing that there can be more than out come.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9040903)

Dude, if the math isn't there, this just isn't true.

Do you understand there's math involved? BCS equation?

Plus, it's WAY too early to be prediction who will win and who won't.

LSU-Alabama, USC-Oregon, USC-Notre Dame, Florida-Florida State and Alabama-Florida loom on the horizon.

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9040961)
Dude, if the math isn't there, this just isn't true.

Do you understand there's math involved? BCS equation?

Plus, it's WAY too early to be prediction who will win and who won't.

LSU-Alabama, USC-Oregon, USC-Notre Dame, Florida-Florida State and Alabama-Florida loom on the horizon.

More than likely, one of the SEC teams are going to win out anyway. Even if not, there will be an SEC with 1 loss, that wins the SEC championship. That team is still going to get in. We can revisit this at that time if you'd like. But Bama with 1 loss is still > undefeated K-State.

BigMeatballDave 10-22-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9040996)
More than likely, one of the SEC teams are going to win out anyway. Even if not, there will be an SEC with 1 loss, that wins the SEC championship. That team is still going to get in. We can revisit this at that time if you'd like. But Bama with 1 loss is still > undefeated K-State.

A 1-loss team will not get in over KSU if they run the table.

Period.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Depends on who the loss comes to.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

I'll be surprised is there isn't an SEC team in the final but anything can happen and usually does. So far, the SEC hasn't been as dominant as years past but that just proves that college football, like every other sport, is cyclical.

Would it be awesome if K-State was in the BCS Championship? Absolutely. Do I expect it? No. But it's a cool thought at this time and I never expected them to beat West Virginia on the road, let alone Oklahoma, so maybe they can pull it off and end up in the final.

I wouldn't expect them to win it there, either. But again, anything can happen.

TheGuardian 10-22-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9041004)
A 1-loss team will not get in over KSU if they run the table.

Period.

Like I said, we'll revisit this if you'd like. K-State running the table doesn't automatically get them in. This is a fact. I know it makes you guys butt hurt, but it's science.