ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

-King- 06-19-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9762717)
One could potentially argue this

Harbaugh
Harbaugh
Payton
Belichick
Coughlin
McCarthy
Tomlin
Shanarat
Carroll
Fisher

Now, I'm not sure that I'd put Fisher above Reid. Additionally, I'd rather group them into tiers rather than a 1-10 list.

I wouldn't put Fisher or McCarthy ahead of Reid.

Any coach can look good with Aaron Rodgers at QB. The Crennel led Chiefs would have had 9-12 wins last year with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Sorter 06-19-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9762730)
I wouldn't put Fisher or McCarthy ahead of Reid.

Any coach can look good with Aaron Rodgers at QB. The Crennel led Chiefs would have had 9-12 wins last year with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

That's fair. I was trying to play devil's advocate.

NinerDoug 06-19-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9762468)
And again. Joe Flacco, 28 tds, and 3800 yards. Those are franchise qb numbers? What won in the end for The ravens last year? Hmmmm? Their defense and special teams won that game for them.

The blueprint for the Chiefs, is very similar to the ravens.

When was the last time that Tom Brady won a super bowl? And in the year that the packers won the super bowl, in case you have forgotten, it was their DEFENSE that carried them to the title. Not THEIR OFFENSE. To win it all, which should be the goal, you have to have a COMPLETE TEAM. Alex Smith, is NOT trent dilfer bad, not even close.

There is no comparison there. Dilfer was Dan Marino immobile without the rocket arm.

mcaj22 06-19-2013 02:15 PM

Mike McCarthy is absolutely 100x better than Andy Reid

you are talking about a guy that was a QB coach and got the best out of turds like Rich Gannon, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, etc then went to the Saints to run the offense with Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn, Duece McAlister/Ricky Williams

His only bad year was when he had to be the offensive coordinator for shitty Alex Smith's rookie season.

Andy Reid has only ever had ONE QB do all of his success for him besides 1 good Vick year. Mike McCarthy has had success with multiple (shitty) QBs.

RunKC 06-19-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9762764)

you are talking about a guy that was a QB coach and got the best out of turds like Rich Gannon, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, etc then went to the Saints to run the offense with Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn, Duece McAlister/Ricky Williams

His only bad year was when he had to be the offensive coordinator for shitty Alex Smith's rookie season.

Andy Reid has only ever had ONE QB do all of his success for him besides 1 good Vick year. Mike McCarthy has had success with multiple (shitty) QBs.

Reid brought in Jeff Garcia and went on a run to get to the playoffs. Oh and he even won a playoff game with Garcia as well.

I'd say that counts.

BossChief 06-19-2013 03:40 PM

Reid made AJ Feeley look good and had Vick, McNabb and Garcia play arguably the best football of their careers.

Marcellus 06-19-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

You obviously have zero knowledge of Andy Reid's past.

I could have stopped after the 5th word.

milkman 06-19-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9762952)
Reid made AJ Feeley look good and had Vick, McNabb and Garcia play arguably the best football of their careers.

Jeff Garcia was a pretty damn good QB in San Francisco.

Reid runs a QB friendly system, and he's good at putting his QBs in position to succeed.

I believe he could have done the same for Cassel.

But unlike a Sean Payton or a Mike McCarthy, he's not developing these guys into outstanding QBs.

He just does a good job of masking the deficiencies, much like Charlie Weis.

On another note, to the idiot that suggested that the Packer defense fueled that Packer SB run.

You are ****ing dumbass.

Marcellus 06-19-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9762971)

Reid runs a QB friendly system, and he's good at putting his QBs in position to succeed.

But unlike a Sean Payton or a Mike McCarthy, he's not developing these guys into outstanding QBs.

On another note, to the idiot that suggested that the Packer defense fueled that Packer SB run.

You are ****ing dumbass.

Who besides Rodgers and Breese have these guys "developed" into outstanding QB's?

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9762971)

You are ****ing dumbass.

There was a mic'd up segment with Andy Reid coaching McNabb and I really liked what I saw. I don't think he just masked McNabb's deficiencies. He did a pretty tremendous job of turning an inaccurate running QB into a really good pocket passer. And arguably, you can credit Reid for a lot of Hasselbeck's development.

Reid's a very good and experienced QBs coach, and think it helps that we have a dedicated QBs coach and an offensive coordinator who's QB-minded. Think the bigger problem is his history of evaluating QBs has been really shaky.

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

I hope you're not being serious. McCarthy's a hell of a coach, but pumping up his Kansas City resume with Gannon/Bono/Grbac and a pretty mediocre Saints resume with Aaron Brooks. And then downplaying that Reid coached Favre/Hasselbeck in Green Bay and coached a Vick and Garcia led team to the playoffs?

It's ridiculous that anyone would undermine Reid as an offensive coach. He's a terrific offensive coach. The reason why McCarthy is a better coach is because he's 100x the game manager than Reid, not because of the ability to handle QBs or run an offense.

Marcellus 06-19-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9763003)
I hope you're not being serious. McCarthy's a hell of a coach, but pumping up his Kansas City resume with Gannon/Bono/Grbac and a pretty mediocre Saints resume with Aaron Brooks. And then downplaying that Reid coached Favre/Hasselbeck in Green Bay and coached a Vick and Garcia led team to the playoffs?

It's ridiculous that anyone would undermine Reid as an offensive coach. He's a terrific offensive coach. The reason why McCarthy is a better coach is because he's 100x the game manager than Reid, not because of the ability to handle QBs or run an offense.

Mark Brunnel was also developed by Reid.

BigMeatballDave 06-19-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Steve Bono and Aaron Brooks? LMAO

mcaj22 06-19-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9763003)

That was the original point. The argument was "Any coach can look good with Rodgers at QB." I was simply pointing out McCarthy knows QBs just as much as Reid does PLUS he can actually manage the game. That's why McCarthy has a Super Bowl win with his good QB and why Reid does not with all the good QBs hes had season success with.

It's like saying "Anyone can coach that San Antonio Spurs roster and win"

milkman 06-19-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9762976)
Who besides Rodgers and Breese have these guys "developed" into outstanding QB's?

You are right.

It's a small sample size to suggest that they actually did the development.

The point is, however, that the QBs, including McNabb, who I always said was overrated, that Reid has "developed" have never been great.

I have always also argued that Reid is overrated, as well.