ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

dirk digler 07-11-2013 12:12 PM

Howard and his reps asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe...LMAO

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers
Quote:

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question.

KevB 07-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804628)
Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade.

You're high

Pitt Gorilla 07-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9804628)
Waiters is like a combination between Westbrook and Wade.

This is como/bambi level stupid.

KevB 07-11-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9805044)
Welcome to another edition of Wolves Corner.

Brewer may be the perfect replacement for Kirilenko's defensive capabilities but he's ****ing awful and useless on offense. His on strength? Passing. Which we have Rubio for. It makes zero sense to have Rubio and Brewer on the court at the same time for very long, which hampers the effectiveness of both players unfortunately.

A lot of Brewer's value this season was tied to that team's breakneck pace. He and Ty Lawson were nails beating the defense down the floor for layups. In a more typical NBA offense....you're right.....he has a negative impact on the offensive side of the floor.

chiefzilla1501 07-11-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9805740)
You're high

I think he was talking about Brian Westbrook and Bobby Wade

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-11-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9804739)
As bad as Dwight was for the Lakers, you gotta feel for the Sixers and Bynum. LMAO

I don't at all. The Sixers have a good shot at being the next dominant team in the East.

They'll likely get two lottery picks in '14, including a possible top 5 selection. Add that to Noel and a shit ton of cap room and that team is in phenomenal shape.

Plus, they can likely spin Evan Turner for future assets as well.

Imagine a team with Noel, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, MCW, and a max player.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9806083)
I don't at all. The Sixers have a good shot at being the next dominant team in the East.

They'll likely get two lottery picks in '14, including a possible top 5 selection. Add that to Noel and a shit ton of cap room and that team is in phenomenal shape.

Imagine a team with Noel, Jabari Parker, Andrew Harrison, MCW, and a max player.

I don't know what max player is going there though. There's more teams with a max slot anymore and Philly doesn't offer what it did 12 years ago in terms of appeal.

Parker would be great, but I think MCW is truly an awful PG. Just a head-scratching pick.

Although I do like Thad Young, that team would be in real good shape right now if they had Vuc and Harkless. If you had a group of Noel, Vuc, Harkless, Parker and a FA PG, now you're talking.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9805490)
Howard and his reps asked the Lakers if they were going to amnesty Kobe...LMAO

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers

What a ****ing idiot.

Howard wants to win on his terms only. Why does he need a torch passed to him? Does he think in Houston he's ever going to be the alpha male with Harden?

There would be far more people upset if the Lakers amnestied Kobe than there were when they couldn't get Dwight.

Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young. Young will be nice because let's face it, outside Kobe and Gasol, they have no consistent scorers. Maybe Meeks but that's a stretch.

CaliforniaChief 07-11-2013 04:01 PM

I really wanted Kyle Korver for the Lakers, but he's back in ATL. That guy can shoot.

KevB 07-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806098)
Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young.

Oof

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9806083)

The Pelicans pick is protected so at best thats between 6-10 and that player still wont be better than Harkless or Vuc or Holiday or anyone they gave up in the last year that put them in this position

and the other pick, if its not Wiggins its a failure. The odds of them getting a super star out of this draft that make this all worth it is them getting the #1 pick and there are more teams in tank mode for next year than ever, its going to be hard to actually lose.

You assuming a lot has to go right for the Sixers. And when it doesnt, plan B is what? No wiggins, no top 5 pick, no top 10 Pelicans pick cause they finished better than expected, then what, then who do they get.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9806111)
Oof

They are quality signings when you factor in that Kaman is making 2.5 and Young is making 1.2.

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9806105)
I really wanted Kyle Korver for the Lakers, but he's back in ATL. That guy can shoot.

Yes, he's ridiculous, but the Lakers had no shot at him for 6 million.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:01 PM

As a Sixers fan I say bless your heart because Nick Young is terrible

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806177)
As a Sixers fan I say bless your heart because Nick Young is terrible

I know his limitations. I also know that the Lakers need outside shooting in this garbage D'Antoni system. He can score and do nothing else, but I'll take it.