ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Kansas City Royal at St. Louis Cardinals game thread 6-13 *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292953)

lewdog 06-13-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11548099)
Gordon
Cain
Moustakas
Hosmer
Morales
Perez
Colon
Dyson
Escobar

Yup, I still like Gordon in leadoff with his high OBP. I don't wanna hear he's too mentally weak for some reason to handle the leadoff role or "isn't good at it." I wouldn't stack Moose and Hosmer, but they have both been hitting well so it might work.

lewdog 06-13-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11548106)
I'm agreeing with you while poking fun at the people who thought Yost was some kind of homespun savant rather than just a dumb**** riding a hot chair at a blackjack table.

Kind of like how Matheny butchered his pen usage at the end of the game today. It worked out, but none of it had to do with Matheny. Siegrist gets righties out just fine and you guys were going to go lefty-lefty after Perez, anyway. No need to pull him against Perez, especially when Gordon is worse against LHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11548108)
Yost was niether. Managers largely don't matter in baseball.

He's pretty ****ing average. His lineups were much worse a few years ago. I can't complain too much but he does seem too loyal at times to certain players. He still thinks speed at the top matters. Although I loved when he benched Billy's ass for weeks in August last year. That shocked the shit out of me from Yost.

duncan_idaho 06-13-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11548103)
Duncan,

Are you playing Hosmer or Morales in the OF? I assume you stick Hosmer in right and hope Cain and Gordon cover for him?

Sorry, forgot we were still playing automatic-out baseball tomorrow.

I'd sit Morales tomorrow. Slide everyone else up a spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-13-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11548120)
Sorry, forgot we were still playing automatic-out baseball tomorrow.

I'd sit Morales tomorrow. Slide everyone else up a spot.

Don't worry. You'll get your beer league half-baseball player back soon enough.

lewdog 06-13-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11548124)

Hey mother****er, what do you have against beer?!?! :cuss:

duncan_idaho 06-13-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11548124)

Not until Friday.

We get 4 more games of watching Ned avoid using one of his best hitters to pinch hit in a key spot so he can save for the precious double switch.

:banghead:

I mean, seriously. Which would you rather have in a one-run game:

Mike Moustakas at the plate with two-out and runners at first and third, with a soft tossing RH like Seth Maness on the hill?

Or Mike Moustakas at the plate with two-out and no one on, with the best reliever in the National League on the mound?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-13-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11548128)
Hey mother****er, what do you have against beer?!?! :cuss:

http://media.giphy.com/media/11TU9wJqEtr2ZW/giphy.gif

C3HIEF3S 06-13-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11548131)
Not until Friday.

We get 4 more games of watching Ned avoid using one of his best hitters to pinch hit in a key spot so he can save for the precious double switch.

:banghead:

I mean, seriously. Which would you rather have in a one-run game:

Mike Moustakas at the plate with two-out and runners at first and third, with a soft tossing RH like Seth Maness on the hill?

Or Mike Moustakas at the plate with two-out and no one on, with the best reliever in the National League on the mound?

The latter 2 games of the Milwaukee series are in KC. So only 2 more games after tomorrow of pure strategic baseball.

Prison Bitch 06-13-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11548132)

My favorite movie of all time. Rep.

Demonpenz 06-13-2015 10:23 PM

I love NL baseball. AL shit is stupid.

BWillie 06-13-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11547991)
A .197 hitting RF with no power, owed 6M rest of the year. I'd say the trade value for such a player is less than zero.

Rios still has a very small sample size, Im not going to get on him yet, especially after coming back from an injury. Now Infante is a totally different matter

BigRedChief 06-13-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 11547854)
There are no easy wins for this team right now. The Royals hitting is bad enough to get swept by anyone.

well according to Prison Bitch, the Cardinals would only be a middle of the pack team in the American League. So theres a chance.....

ChiefsCountry 06-13-2015 11:27 PM

Heyward lucky ass saved the game for the Cards. Still tip your hat for that. Ned and Matheny were trying to out dumb each other today. Card fans need a #Miked hash tag. I'm going to bed, pretty good experience at Busch Stadium I'll detail it tomorrow.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-14-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11548198)
Heyward lucky ass saved the game for the Cards. Still tip your hat for that. Ned and Matheny were trying to out dumb each other today. Card fans need a #Miked hash tag. I'm going to bed, pretty good experience at Busch Stadium I'll detail it tomorrow.

We've had it far longer than #Yosted has existed. It's called #Mathenaging.

KChiefs1 06-14-2015 05:08 PM

Scherzer with a 100 game score.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...ca84a7097e.jpg