ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Pioli's first press conference thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200312)

KChiefs1 01-14-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 5391100)
So how long before we are competitive again next year, two years, three years?

Competitive? Next season....

DaWolf 01-14-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 5391112)
My optimistic outlook says we sniff a .500 season next year showing great improvement like the Cards did last season under Wisenhunt and make the challenge for the AFC West title the following year. Just my hunch.

Hell, at this point sniffing .500 might mean we're playing for the division week 17...

Chiefnj2 01-14-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5391132)
810 is reporting that Herm wasn't at the press conference today and was at home.

Someone should tell Herm he can watch the Super Bowl this year since he's never going to be the head coach of team that is actually in the game.

bishop_74 01-14-2009 06:12 PM

Didn't Clark state that final decision on HC would be his? I can't hear the pressed, but would assume this is why he is not saying much.

the Talking Can 01-14-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 5391143)
From today we fire herm we will try to get Frentz if not him Spagnolo giants d coordinator both don't talk. LOng shot Shwartz from tenn.

did you just call 810?

Mecca 01-14-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5391141)
FFS....everyone seems like they just crawled down out of the mountains to call in.

"I like this Pioli guy"

Why?

"I like him."

Why? Because he was a part of the Patriots?

"Yep"

Okkkkkkkkkk then.

Now you see why the sterotype comes out.....about half this city is full of redneck baffoons.

Mr. Laz 01-14-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5391137)
GOD DAM KC FANS ARE THE DUMBEST MOTHER****ERS ON THE PLANET EARTH

these callers are flaming reeruned moran idiot assholes

what a minute ..... aren't YOU a KC fan?

FringeNC 01-14-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5391076)
i can't wait until this guy starts swinging the ax....

I have a feeling he is not going to be impressed upon hearing about LJ being suspended for blowing off team meetings...then when he watches LJ attempt to pass block...

LJ's KC career is over.

DaWolf 01-14-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5391099)
810 made a great point...he was asked about KC's personnel guys...Pioli said "they're competent"....that is not an endorsement, that is not praise...that is borderline contempt...

same with Herm...what is most important is what Pioli didn't say, he didn't praise anyone but Clark....

i think the truth is that he sees right through this franchise...he isn't impressed by anything left by Carl and he's going to fugging wreck it....

i hope he puts on his championship rings and proceeds to pimp slap his way through the organizational chart of this crap stain franchise...

This...

Barret 01-14-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5391132)
810 is reporting that Herm wasn't at the press conference today and was at home.

Get used to that "being at home" position.

The Franchise 01-14-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5391171)
Now you see why the sterotype comes out.....about half this city is full of redneck baffoons.

Holy shit.....I guess. It's like listening to the Raider's radio show here in Oakland. Everyone that calls in....has no clue what they're talking about.

Caller #1 - JaMarcus is the best evar!!!!!
Caller #2 - McFadden is a God!!!!
Caller #3 - Cable is the best HC evar!!!!
Caller #4 - We should bring back Rice!!!!

DrRyan 01-14-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 5391164)
Hell, at this point sniffing .500 might mean we're playing for the division week 17...

It certainly could. The Raiders are going no where fast. The Chargers are getting old on the O line along with LT, and there is no telling how Merriman comes back next season. The Broncos will definitely score points but overall their defense has much less talent, especially young talent than the Chiefs do. I do not expect a division title next season but anything is possible. The right hires for coaches and a good draft could go a long way to making that happen.

the Talking Can 01-14-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5391177)
what a minute ..... aren't YOU a KC fan?

no, i don't drive a Camero and think Gunther is a great DC because he cusses a lot....

DaWolf 01-14-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 5391180)
I have a feeling he is not going to be impressed upon hearing about LJ being suspended for blowing off team meetings...then when he watches LJ attempt to pass block...

LJ's KC career is over.

I'll be curious to see if Pioli can finagle compensation for him. The nice thing is that if it were Carl, he would have too much emotion invested in it, like he did with Gonzo, because the guy was his personal #1 pick. Pioli probably doesn't give a #$%^ and would probably look to deal him with a plan to use any compensation in another deal, because he has an actual plan on how to do things...

Bearcat 01-14-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 5391128)
Didn't see the presser, but read through the details here, and saw a quick snippet on ESPN. As for Herm, another thing to remember is that Clark has obviously expressed his desire to retain Herm. Given that, I imagine that Clark would at least agree to meet with Herm and talk about things, if nothing else than to appease Clark. Plus, it wouldn't do Pioli any good to just immediately axe the owner's choice for HC - there is some professional courtesy involved here.

At this point, I wouldn't read too much into his comments about Herm...

Yeah, like others, I got the feeling that Herm is gone, but regardless of what Pioli is actually thinking right now -- keep him, fire him, gonna talk about it -- he wasn't going to say anything that would give it away. He's obviously showing Clark and Herm some respect... it's not like he's going to fly into KC and start firing people like he's been a GM for 30 years.

Based on what I've read about Pioli though, I agree with Laz... Pioli is humble, doesn't care about titles, etc; while Herm is pretty damn arrogant for a guy who's won two football games since 10/22/07. After 'careful consideration' and 'talking with many people' and 'losing sleep over the decision', Pioli needs to throw Herm under the bus and never look back.