ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The latest Chiefs news from KFFL... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256524)

splatbass 02-06-2013 09:33 PM

There is a lot of "The Kansas City Chiefs could" speculation, but not much in the way of real information. Basically they are saying the Chiefs could draft pretty much any of the top prospects at #1 or trade down, which isn't exactly a news flash.

Mother****erJones 02-06-2013 10:04 PM

Just waiting to hear Jackson and Cassel have been cut use that money to re-sign Albert and Bowe

NJChiefsFan 02-06-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9383755)
There is a lot of "The Kansas City Chiefs could" speculation, but not much in the way of real information. Basically they are saying the Chiefs could draft pretty much any of the top prospects at #1 or trade down, which isn't exactly a news flash.

Yeah they sure covered their bases.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9383704)
Updated..... Now that the ***** era is over, I'll try to keep this thread up to date.

I'd rather you kept the sharpness on your butcher's knife up to date so you could stab yourself in your pretty little face

Chief_For_Life58 02-06-2013 11:22 PM

god damnit alex cassel smith is gonna be our starter next year isnt he. ****

Chris Meck 02-06-2013 11:50 PM

as long as it's paired with Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley/Whichever guy Reid likes best in the draft at QB, I'm okay with that.

Better to have options, and insurance, AND a future. I hope it's Geno, but I think you'd be real smart to sign an Alex Smith AND draft your QBOTF as well.

And not some 4th round project, a REAL QBOTF.

splatbass 02-07-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9384121)
as long as it's paired with Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley/Whichever guy Reid likes best in the draft at QB, I'm okay with that.

Better to have options, and insurance, AND a future. I hope it's Geno, but I think you'd be real smart to sign an Alex Smith AND draft your QBOTF as well.

And not some 4th round project, a REAL QBOTF.

Careful, I said the same thing a couple of days ago and got all kinds of hate for it. For some people, it is Geno Smith with no competition and anything else is unacceptable.

KChiefs1 02-07-2013 12:10 AM

Starter: Alex Smith
2nd QB: Geno Smith
3rd QB: Chase Daniel

Sorter 02-07-2013 12:15 AM

For the two posts above mine 2 things.

1. Alex isn't going to come to place where he'll likely be replaced quickly. He shouldn't either. IMO, he deserves a chance to start on a team somewhere. It isn't KC IMO.

2. If he was truly content with coming here knowing he'd be the backup/mentor to Geno, then by all means sign him up. I just don't think he'd want to come here knowing he can be replaced fairly easily, possibly by the end of PS.

splatbass 02-07-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9384145)
For the two posts above mine 2 things.

1. Alex isn't going to come to place where he'll likely be replaced quickly. He shouldn't either. IMO, he deserves a chance to start on a team somewhere. It isn't KC IMO.

2. If he was truly content with coming here knowing he'd be the backup/mentor to Geno, then by all means sign him up. I just don't think he'd want to come here knowing he can be replaced fairly easily, possibly by the end of PS.

Any QB should know they can be replaced at any time. Ask Joe Montana and Brett Favre. I want a QB to be looking over their shoulder at all times. It gives them motivation. Cassel never had to until the end, and that was a big mistake.

Alex Smith could go to a shithole like Arizona or Cleveland and be guaranteed to start, or he could come to a team like the Chiefs that have a good chance of winning and take a chance. That is his choice, but if it was me I'd want to win. His career probably won't last long anyway if he goes to one of the shithole teams.

Sorter 02-07-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9384154)
Any QB should know they can be replaced at any time. Ask Joe Montana and Brett Favre. I want a QB to be looking over their shoulder at all times. It gives them motivation. Cassel never had to until the end, and that was a big mistake.

Alex Smith isn't going to come to a place drafting a QB at #1 overall unless he's assured he's going to start unless he's atrocious.

mcaj22 02-07-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9384154)

Alex Smith could go to a shithole like Arizona or Cleveland and be guaranteed to start, or he could come to a team like the Chiefs that have a good chance of winning and take a chance. That is his choice, but if it was me I'd want to win. His career probably won't last long anyway if he goes to one of the shithole teams.

not one GOOD QB in the league is "Looking over their shoulder" currently

you think Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Big Ben, etc have ANY COMPETITION or fear of being replaced anytime "soon"

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll get out of here with that logic.

If you have a good QB you ride him until his legs fall off, in your examples Joe Montana and Brett Farve had like 2 or 3 good years left at best and were well into the mid to late thirties and there was young QBs waiting to be good for those teams for the next decade+

Tribal Warfare 02-07-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9384157)
Alex Smith isn't going to come to a place drafting a QB at #1 overall unless he's assured he's going to start unless he's atrocious.

He'll want a Cassel like pay day too

AussieChiefsFan 02-07-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9384139)
Starter: Alex Smith
2nd QB: Geno Smith
3rd QB: Chase Daniel

I feel there's something not quite right with this..... But I just cant think of it...... :hmmm:

007 02-07-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9384198)
I feel there's something not quite right with this..... But I just cant think of it...... :hmmm:

I see TWO things not quite right about it.