ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262790)

luv 08-31-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867669)
We're starting to pick up some steam on the Facebook page. I have 3 cousins that have joined it, and people are inviting their own friends to join. How does everyone feel about that? I had one person drop because it was just too many people they didn't know in there, and I never really thought of that. Would we prefer a CP inclusive Facebook page? Because we can make that happen. Give me some input guys and gals. I figure the more the merrier myself, because I know first hand people join, then forget about it a couple of weeks in.

A lot of girls who look awesome in their profile pics saying they need to lose 30 lbs or whatever. And the guy saying "Do this and you can eat whatever you want!" I just need to remember that I'm not there to criticize people's methods or needs. Only to encourage.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8867679)
A lot of girls who look awesome in their profile pics saying they need to lose 30 lbs or whatever. And the guy saying "Do this and you can eat whatever you want!" I just need to remember that I'm not there to criticize people's methods or needs. Only to encourage.

I didn't see the guy, but the girls are my cousins. Yeah, not exactly what I had in mind.

jiveturkey 08-31-2012 07:34 AM

My meals for yesterday.

Lunch - left over eggs and pork sausage with pumpkin pancakes

Dinner - Are off the hot bar at the store - blackened chicken thighs, balsamic beats and peas.

The workout was heavy lifting and thank god today is a workout day off.

Saulbadguy 08-31-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867683)
I didn't see the guy, but the girls are my cousins. Yeah, not exactly what I had in mind.

Someone started inviting the Facebook accounts of "The Biggest Loser" stars.

:doh!:

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8867687)

Yeah, I saw that. I did a little :facepalm: when I did.

luv 08-31-2012 07:38 AM

I've gotten away from keeping a food journal. It's not something I want to lean on for the rest of my life, so I'm seeing how well I can do without it.

Derby practice kicks my ass sometimes. Last night wasn't too bad, though. However, they don't turn the air on during practices, so I can usually feel beads of sweat rolling down my back before I even get all of my gear on! Needless to say, I'm usually a bucket of sweat by the time I leave.

It's not really raining right now like I thought it was supposed to. More of a mist. If softball does end up getting cancelled tonight, though, I'm going to go skating instead.

jiveturkey 08-31-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8867386)
I like to keep my body guessing a bit. The 100 degree weather has kept me off the bike, but I enjoyed mixing that in as well. I do forearm and side planks as part of my core workout, hate those puppies, lol. I'm constantly tweaking my routine to get the most out of. I sneak in 40 regular pushups as part of my core routine as it really stretches out my chest after the lifting the day before. I do know that when I switched from running on the elliptical machine in the pyramid workout to HIIT I dropped weight really fast.

I also hate planking. I have seen the results so I'm continuing to do it but I'll continue bitching.

I also hate ellipticals. There's something about that motion that f's with my feat and my hips. If my back or knees feel out of whack a run seems to put everything back where it belongs. The elliptical does the opposite.

luv 08-31-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8867697)
I also hate planking. I have seen the results so I'm continuing to do it but I'll continue bitching.

I also hate ellipticals. There's something about that motion that f's with my feat and my hips. If my back or knees feel out of whack a run seems to put everything back where it belongs. The elliptical does the opposite.

Planks. Ugh. I do them on my elbows. They're a bitch. As well as one legged bridges.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867556)
Slept in, feeling sluggish, and don't want to do shit. Gonna be a challenge to get out and move today.

Hammered in, and got off of my ass though. Did some intermittent running and walking. 35 minutes is better than 0 when I had resolved myself to taking the day off. Love this feeling! Discipline. That's what makes me rise and fall.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8867687)

I'll be damned. One of them that I've become pretty good friends with is actually in there liking statuses. I'll bet Arthur gets active on that page. But if so, he'll be the only one.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867830)
I'll be damned. One of them that I've become pretty good friends with is actually in there liking statuses. I'll bet Arthur gets active on that page. But if so, he'll be the only one.

Shit. He's in. I knew it. Dude lost over 200lbs on The Biggest Loser, he's a valuable resource particularly for LeAnn and the do it right crowd. Real down to Earth, cool as **** cat. Thrilled to have him active on the page.

Ceej 08-31-2012 12:37 PM

Money is super tight this week.

For lunch today - bologna with mustard, on flour tortillas.

luv 08-31-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8868342)
Money is super tight this week.

For lunch today - bologna with mustard, on flour tortillas.

Never would have paired that. It sounds....interesting. :p

Ceej 08-31-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8868344)
Never would have paired that. It sounds....interesting. :p

They're not bad, really. And mustard has no calories.

Cheap, easy meal and not terribly unhealthy.

The Franchise 08-31-2012 12:42 PM

The 4 months that I was deployed......I would go to the chow hall and get a flour tortilla and fill it with tuna fish, cheese and mustard.