ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou vs UF Game Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270180)

|Zach| 02-19-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9417779)
Yep. Not only because of Mike Anderson, but the fact that the refs butt ****ed us in Fayetteville has me stoked for the rematch.

Yea, the last part more than the first. I mean...I want a Miss St. style slam ****ing of that team.

Still pissed from the other day but what a good win by this team today...and its encouraging because they have not really peaked. This team can play so much better.

Pepe Silvia 02-19-2013 10:33 PM

I know it sounds weird but I don't want to win that conference tourney, they need to get one last loss out of the way before the Big Dance.

KcMizzou 02-19-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9417791)
I know it sounds weird but I don't want to win that conference tourney, they need to get one last loss out of the way before the Big Dance.

You're right.

warpaint* 02-19-2013 10:38 PM

Heck ya! Gutted out a great great win. Needed it so bad.

KcMizzou 02-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9417789)
Yea, the last part more than the first. I mean...I want a Miss St. style slam ****ing of that team.

Still pissed from the other day but what a good win by this team today...and its encouraging because they have not really peaked. This team can play so much better.

It's all there. You could argue that this team is better prepared for a tourney run than last year's.

mnchiefsguy 02-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9417791)

At the same time, I do not want to see them get eliminated from the SEC tourney by losing to 30 to Florida or getting upset by Miss St. or some BS.

I honestly believe that if Mizzou can just get past their first NCAA tourney game, they could make a decent run and get to the sweet 16. The first game of the tourney has historically been the toughest one for Mizzou.

Bowser 02-19-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9415600)
Just admit that Florida is going down like a two dollar hooker. It will feel better to get that off your chest.

A ROUND OF BJ'S FOR EVERYONE!!!

Spott 02-20-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9417746)
You can thank me for not watching. I uncursed this team?

I did the same thing. They've lost just about every basketball game that I've ever watched them play. I watched the Indiana-Mich St game and then turned the tv off. Gonna be a great day at work today surrounded by Gator fans. :)

DaKCMan AP 02-20-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9418129)
I did the same thing. They've lost just about every basketball game that I've ever watched them play. I watched the Indiana-Mich St game and then turned the tv off. Gonna be a great day at work today surrounded by Gator fans. :)

Are they the setsuna-type of Gator fans?

Mosbonian 02-20-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9418146)

Most of the ones that I work with have a pretty good handle on sports so they are decent to talk to. The one guy I was chatting with yesterday was lamenting that he thought they were ripe for an upset. He thought that MU would need (and want) the game so badly that they would find a way to win. He was probably more prophetic than he believed.

Spott 02-20-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9418146)

Not really. They are mostly pretty cool and don't talk a lot of crap. I used to hate the Gators for a while but they were really pretty cool when I went to the Mizzou-UF game in November. The UCF fans kind acted like douches when I saw MU play there a few weeks before that game. I think over time the only SEC team I'll have a real dislike for will be Arkansas.

DaKCMan AP 02-20-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9418151)
Most of the ones that I work with have a pretty good handle on sports so they are decent to talk to. The one guy I was chatting with yesterday was lamenting that he thought they were ripe for an upset. He thought that MU would need (and want) the game so badly that they would find a way to win. He was probably more prophetic than he believed.

Yeah - I grew up in a KU household so I knew that Mizzou could step it up in big games at home.

DaKCMan AP 02-20-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9418152)
Not really. They are mostly pretty cool and don't talk a lot of crap. I used to hate the Gators for a while but they were really pretty cool when I went to the Mizzou-UF game in November. The UCF fans kind acted like douches when I saw MU play there a few weeks before that game. I think over time the only SEC team I'll have a real dislike for will be Arkansas.

But they're so adorable with their fierce 'wooooooooo piiiiiiig soooooooieeee' chants. They travel pretty well for football.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-20-2013 07:16 AM

Now that was....awesome

Dartgod 02-20-2013 07:17 AM

I'm still giddy.