ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806194)
I know his limitations. I also know that the Lakers need outside shooting in this garbage D'Antoni system. He can score and do nothing else, but I'll take it.

he wouldnt be half bad if he used his damn 6'6'' frame to rebound over small guards or play defense but he refuses to either.

he just wants to chuck lol. Hes big for a guard in a league that runs a lot of small ball out of most teams and he could be pretty good, but alas wont pass wont board wont defend

The Bad Guy 07-11-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806202)
he wouldnt be half bad if he used his damn 6'6'' frame to rebound over small guards or play defense but he refuses to either.

he just wants to chuck lol. Hes big for a guard in a league that runs a lot of small ball out of most teams and he could be pretty good, but alas wont pass wont board wont defend

For 1.2 million, I just need him to hit the open shots that MWP couldn't.

Kaman last offseason got 8 million, Young got 6 on one-year deals. This year, they are barely getting over 4 million combined.

Lakers needed shooters in the worst way and I'll take the chucker to come in off the pine (hoping that he can actually stay healthy).

kcxiv 07-11-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806098)
What a ****ing idiot.

Howard wants to win on his terms only. Why does he need a torch passed to him? Does he think in Houston he's ever going to be the alpha male with Harden?

There would be far more people upset if the Lakers amnestied Kobe than there were when they couldn't get Dwight.

Lakers have made 2 quality low-level cheap signings with Kaman and Nick Young. Young will be nice because let's face it, outside Kobe and Gasol, they have no consistent scorers. Maybe Meeks but that's a stretch.

They signed for far far less then they could have someplace else. Good signing for bench players. cant be mad at that.

mcaj22 07-11-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9806208)
For 1.2 million, I just need him to hit the open shots that MWP couldn't.

Kaman last offseason got 8 million, Young got 6 on one-year deals. This year, they are barely getting over 4 million combined.

Lakers needed shooters in the worst way and I'll take the chucker to come in off the pine (hoping that he can actually stay healthy).

as of right now he might be your starting SG for the first half of the season lol

okcchief 07-11-2013 07:23 PM

I really do feel bad for Harden. He's saddled with one of the most self absorbed dick bags in the history of sports. Dwight is going to go back into **** mode when he figures out hes not the best player on the team again.

RustShack 07-11-2013 09:46 PM

I can see it working. Kobe just doesn't play well with others, and there were too many stars in LA. Plus thier systems sucked for them. In Orlando he didn't have enough help. Harden played just fine with Durant and Westbrook, and I think he's a perfect fit for Howard.

kcxiv 07-11-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9806602)
I can see it working. Kobe just doesn't play well with others, and there were too many stars in LA. Plus thier systems sucked for them. In Orlando he didn't have enough help. Harden played just fine with Durant and Westbrook, and I think he's a perfect fit for Howard.

Because when one of the 3 were resting, he was in there and the team was his for short periods of time. Plus Durant and Westbrook are NOT in the paint players.

When the score is 97-97 with 2 min left in the game who do you want the ball to go to? Howard or Harden? its a really really really easy choice! This will happen frequently and people will start talking shit (media) saying Howard isnt the guy you can count on (he's not) and his ego will get all butthurt again and he's gonna get all stupid again.

He's 28 years old, he is who he is. This will be his 9th year in the NBA. I dont know why people will think this time it will be different for him! His offensive game SUCKS bad. That had nothing to do with his back. Will, maybe very little, he's just terrible on offense with a 100 percent back or a 70. Just look at his post game work. It looks robitic and just not fluid and natural.

KevB 07-11-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806171)
The Pelicans pick is protected so at best thats between 6-10 and that player still wont be better than Harkless or Vuc or Holiday or anyone they gave up in the last year that put them in this position

and the other pick, if its not Wiggins its a failure. The odds of them getting a super star out of this draft that make this all worth it is them getting the #1 pick and there are more teams in tank mode for next year than ever, its going to be hard to actually lose.

You assuming a lot has to go right for the Sixers. And when it doesnt, plan B is what? No wiggins, no top 5 pick, no top 10 Pelicans pick cause they finished better than expected, then what, then who do they get.

I'd be perfectly happy with Randle, Exum or Gordon if Wiggins wasn't available. Next year's draft is just loaded, so that 6-10 pick could be really attractive. Let's say they end up with Randle and Jabari Parker to go with Noel and MCW. Really young, but damn interesting to watch if you're a Sixer fan. They blew the last couple of years, but they have a chance to recover into a young and exciting team. Probably a number of years away from being serious contenders, but I'd rather my team do this than what the Bucks are doing.

chiefzilla1501 07-12-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9806602)

There is no excuse for what Howard did. Nash plays well with others. The fact that Howard was refusing to run pick and roll is just mind-boggling.

And where did you get that Kobe doesn't play well with others? He's been on a team with Gasol or Shaq for how many years? We all know Kobe is a dick (in the way MJ was a dick), but have we heard anything that suggests teammates hate playing with him?

KevB 07-13-2013 10:03 AM

Entertaining review of the season:

Top 100 moments of the season

Curry going for 54 in Madison Square Garden highlights is a helluva fun watch

mcaj22 07-13-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9806694)
I'd be perfectly happy with Randle, Exum or Gordon if Wiggins wasn't available. Next year's draft is just loaded, so that 6-10 pick could be really attractive. Let's say they end up with Randle and Jabari Parker to go with Noel and MCW. Really young, but damn interesting to watch if you're a Sixer fan. They blew the last couple of years, but they have a chance to recover into a young and exciting team. Probably a number of years away from being serious contenders, but I'd rather my team do this than what the Bucks are doing.

Id like Randle to pair with Noel, if anything for their chemistry to want to play together.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-13-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9806171)
The Pelicans pick is protected so at best thats between 6-10 and that player still wont be better than Harkless or Vuc or Holiday or anyone they gave up in the last year that put them in this position

The hell it won't. There are at least eight guys in the next draft with better grades than anyone in this draft, and they'll have higher ceilings than Jrue Holliday.

Mav 07-13-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9806879)
There is no excuse for what Howard did. Nash plays well with others. The fact that Howard was refusing to run pick and roll is just mind-boggling.

And where did you get that Kobe doesn't play well with others? He's been on a team with Gasol or Shaq for how many years? We all know Kobe is a dick (in the way MJ was a dick), but have we heard anything that suggests teammates hate playing with him?

Wait. Did you just put Gasol in the Shaq category.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...sales-deck.jpg

Kobe basically pulled a him or me with Shaq, and had Shaq shipped to Miami.

Kobe, and Dwight cant stand each other, Dwight also asked that they bring in Phil Jackson. They didn't want to do that, and Dwight was a free agent. Kobe is an asshole, but, Dwight Howard was in a system that doesn't play well to his strengths. The reason the pick n roll worked so well for Steve Nash, and for Amare Stoudamire, was not only could Amare fly, but he was also very good at the spot up jumper. Something howard is not. The reason that the pnr with Howard and nelson worked, is because they spread the floor with shooters, and the only thing Dwight did was roll. That wasn't something that MDA understood, nor did Mitch when he assembled this team. Other than Nash, there wasn't a consistent shooter on the entire roster. It just wasn't a good fit period. he will be much better, and much happier playing with James Harden, and more importantly, FOR KEVIN MCHALE, who despite the fact that I don't know if he is that good of a coach, is one of the best big men ever, and that Hakeem is going to be really involved. Both, huge pluses.

Mav 07-13-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9808753)
The hell it won't. There are at least eight guys in the next draft with better grades than anyone in this draft, and they'll have higher ceilings than Jrue Holliday.

Wow. Jrue hasn't even hit his ceiling yet, and hes 23, and already one of the best pgs in the league. Good luck with that. Yeah, im homering a little bit, because I love the Pelicans, but.........Jrue Holiday is now surrounded by talent....

chiefzilla1501 07-13-2013 10:53 AM

When did I put Gasol in the same category as Shaq? I'm talking about how LA has had good players on the team before and Kobe got along with them in the same way MJ got along with his. The claim that he's insufferable to work with are ridiculous, especially when you're going to blame Kobe for Howard when Howard actually HAS a track record of being impossible to work with. But I guess it's everybody else's fault but Howard's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808766)
Wait. Did you just put Gasol in the Shaq category.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...sales-deck.jpg

Kobe basically pulled a him or me with Shaq, and had Shaq shipped to Miami.

Kobe, and Dwight cant stand each other, Dwight also asked that they bring in Phil Jackson. They didn't want to do that, and Dwight was a free agent. Kobe is an asshole, but, Dwight Howard was in a system that doesn't play well to his strengths. The reason the pick n roll worked so well for Steve Nash, and for Amare Stoudamire, was not only could Amare fly, but he was also very good at the spot up jumper. Something howard is not. The reason that the pnr with Howard and nelson worked, is because they spread the floor with shooters, and the only thing Dwight did was roll. That wasn't something that MDA understood, nor did Mitch when he assembled this team. Other than Nash, there wasn't a consistent shooter on the entire roster. It just wasn't a good fit period. he will be much better, and much happier playing with James Harden, and more importantly, FOR KEVIN MCHALE, who despite the fact that I don't know if he is that good of a coach, is one of the best big men ever, and that Hakeem is going to be really involved. Both, huge pluses.