ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey reportedly candidate for Packers GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305034)

Buehler445 02-10-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV (Post 12736281)
I think we're already all embarrassed enough by the Chiefs playoff record. There really wouldn't be a way to be more embarrassed about it unless the Chiefs were somehow able to make the Superbowl, get a 25 point lead on the opposing team, then suffer an epic collapse like the Falcons did. Maybe then I could be more embarrassed than I already am.

We'd at least have the Lamar Hunt trophy.

New World Order 02-10-2017 08:15 PM

He better not pass on another Carr or Prescott.

****ing Dorsey.

Mr. Laz 02-10-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12736485)
He better not pass on another Carr or Prescott.

****ing Dorsey.

ANDY REID

I'm not sure why you are bitching about Dorsey.

Andy Reid is the HC and OC, he is the guy who decides whether he wants another QB or not. Just like Reid was the guy who decide that he wanted our current QB.

BryanBusby 02-10-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12736310)
I don't think you're being fair to Dorsey. He inherited a 2-14 team and turned them into a perennial playoff contender that went 12-4 last year. Most people agree he's done an excellent job of stocking the roster with talented players, the notable exception being the quarterback position.

I give Dorsey a pass on Alex Smith because I don't think you can really pin Alex Smith on Dorsey. That was Andy Reid's call. And I'll be shocked if Dorsey doesn't draft his replacement this year.

I'd hold them to task for not doing a better job at finding tiny dick hands replacement.

Red Dawg 02-10-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12736600)
ANDY REID

I'm not sure why you are bitching about Dorsey.

Andy Reid is the HC and OC, he is the guy who decides whether he wants another QB or not. Just like Reid was the guy who decide that he wanted our current QB.

Dorsey has final say in players. Andy does not. Dorsey has the power and if he's just letting Andy make all those decisions then he's not doing his job. This was made very clear when Andy was hired. Dorsey controls the players on the roster. Keeping Smith for another worthless year is Dorsey's fault. Andys as well but power wise it's Dorsey's screw up.

kcchiefsus 02-10-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12736310)
I don't think you're being fair to Dorsey. He inherited a 2-14 team and turned them into a perennial playoff contender that went 12-4 last year. Most people agree he's done an excellent job of stocking the roster with talented players, the notable exception being the quarterback position.

I give Dorsey a pass on Alex Smith because I don't think you can really pin Alex Smith on Dorsey. That was Andy Reid's call. And I'll be shocked if Dorsey doesn't draft his replacement this year.

Prepare to be shocked.

milkman 02-11-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12736622)
Dorsey has final say in players. Andy does not. Dorsey has the power and if he's just letting Andy make all those decisions then he's not doing his job. This was made very clear when Andy was hired. Dorsey controls the players on the roster. Keeping Smith for another worthless year is Dorsey's fault. Andy as well but power wise it's Dorsey's screw up.

No.

Clark Hunt made it clear that he set up the system so that the GM and HC would work together.

Working together means that, while Dorsey does make the final decision, he has to consider Andy's input.

And when it comes to the QB position, Andy's voice has to carry a ton of weight.

Hootie 02-11-2017 10:06 AM

100% throw shit against the wall and see if it sticks reporting

embarrassing from the get go

RunKC 02-11-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12736622)
Dorsey has final say in players. Andy does not. Dorsey has the power and if he's just letting Andy make all those decisions then he's not doing his job. This was made very clear when Andy was hired. Dorsey controls the players on the roster. Keeping Smith for another worthless year is Dorsey's fault. Andys as well but power wise it's Dorsey's screw up.

You're high if you think Dorsey has final say over the QB. It's absolutely 100% Andy.

splatbass 02-11-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV (Post 12736281)
I think we're already all embarrassed enough by the Chiefs playoff record. There really wouldn't be a way to be more embarrassed about it unless the Chiefs were somehow able to make the Superbowl, get a 25 point lead on the opposing team, then suffer an epic collapse like the Falcons did. Maybe then I could be more embarrassed than I already am.

This I don't understand. Why would YOU be embarrassed? Do you play for the Chiefs? Coach? Work in the FO? There is no reason for a fan to be embarrassed. Unless your self-worth is wrapped up in a football team, which is really sad.

Mr. Laz 02-11-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12736886)
You're high if you think Dorsey has final say over the QB. It's absolutely 100% Andy.

THIS

Of course, Reid doesn't get involved in the minutia of every player, like backup linebackers etc. Dorsey runs the scouting and drafts the players BUT it's Reid that makes the final call on key players.

It's absolutely Reid that decides about the QB position. If the Chiefs ever draft a QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft, it will be Reid that decides which one and when.

JMO

kccrow 02-11-2017 04:52 PM

I disagree on the "when," but I wholeheartedly agree that Reid has majority input on the "who."

If Reid identifies the guys he'd feel most comfortable with, its up to Dorsey to decide when those guys have the most value on their draft board and when to pull the trigger.

Mr. Laz 02-12-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12737302)
I disagree on the "when," but I wholeheartedly agree that Reid has majority input on the "who."

If Reid identifies the guys he'd feel most comfortable with, its up to Dorsey to decide when those guys have the most value on their draft board and when to pull the trigger.

alright, I can give you that.

I think I was meaning more about taking a QB high in the draft versus drafting a project guy in the later rounds though.

I feel like Reid has to be the one to say "We need a top guy who can start relatively soon so grab a guy on Day 1"

Of course 'Day 1' is now really 2 days(rds 1 thru 3) but you get the picture.