ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

CanadaKC 02-04-2012 10:39 AM

and the ghost of Bill Parcells continues to haunt us.....

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347593)
He has to have a guy with some talent and the mental faculties to wotk with.

If there's any truth to the rumor that Cassel struggled adjusting to slight differences in scheme from the Patriots to Weiss and Muir, then he obviously lacks the mental faculties, and we already know he's limited physically.

As I've noted before, Charlie Batch and Joe Flacco had their best seasons with Zorn as QB coach, and Matt Hasselbeck was considered a top 10 QB with Zorn.

You can't polish a turd.

Beat me to it.

mcaj22 02-04-2012 10:45 AM

I hope Bowe walks because of this shit hire/Mark Castle

and wants to play for a real QB/real OC

DJ's left nut 02-04-2012 10:46 AM

I just couldn't be more disappointed by this...if only because it's just so transparent.

Pioli got another stooge - period. All this crap from folks that are trying to say "Well you can't prove that he sucks" is just backwards logic. I shouldn't have to prove that the hire sucks, you should have to prove that it's good. This is an NFL coordinator's job, for ****'s sake. This isn't some High School assistant coach's gig - but one of 32 guys that coordinate offenses at this level. Presumably one of the 32 best in the entire ****ing world at running an offense.

What we've seen is that the results this guy has provided are, at best, substandard. More accurately - they're horrid. And sure, he's had some bad situations, but you're still just providing me with more excuses there. It's just more "Matt Cassel needs more time" bullshit. I don't need to see a bunch of reasons why he might not be awful; I need to see some explanations as to why he might be good. So far the best I have is "well he scored some points with a mediocre QB and made Reggie Bush look good". Folks - Reggie Bush is insanely talented, he just couldn't stay on the field. Figuring out a way to make someone with Bush's speed and athleticism doesn't impress me.

No, this hire isn't a good one. In fact, it's a bad one because it was made for the wrong reasons. Scott Pioli didn't look for someone that could come in here and score the most points given the freedom to choose his own QB and run his own system. No, Scott Pioli hired what he perceives to be the best available option to make Matt Cassel look better.

And frankly, I don't give a large rat's ass who Scott Pioli perceives to be the best available coach for any situation. All he seems capable of doing is hiring guys that Bill Belichick hired first and hoping they suck slightly less than the last BB castoff.

I've simply lost interest in this team. The way it's being run, the reasons decisions are made - all of it. There just isn't a single thing about this franchise that makes it fun to root for. They're a black-hat franchise that also happens to get mediocre results. They're not even loveable losers - it's just a bunch of transparent egomaniacs that are more interested in being right than being successful.

Like I said - it's just incredibly disappointing.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347616)
I would much, much rather do that. I cringe at the idea of putting that kind of value on Tannehill. Even if it's in a trade down.

I still would like to see the Chiefs make some kind of a push for Jimmy Clausen. Despite his rookie year performance, I think his upside is a hell of a lot higher than Tannehill's. And he comes a few rounds cheaper.

I'd rather get my head caught in a trash compactor than make a push for Jimmy Clausen.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8347622)
I just couldn't be more disappointed by this...if only because it's just so transparent.

Pioli got another stooge - period. All this crap from folks that are trying to say "Well you can't prove that he sucks" is just backwards logic. I shouldn't have to prove that the hire sucks, you should have to prove that it's good. This is an NFL coordinator's job, for ****'s sake. This isn't some High School assistant coach's gig - but one of 32 guys that coordinate offenses at this level. Presumably one of the 32 best in the entire ****ing world at running an offense.

What we've seen is that the results this guy has provided are, at best, substandard. More accurately - they're horrid. And sure, he's had some bad situations, but you're still just providing me with more excuses there. It's just more "Matt Cassel needs more time" bullshit. I don't need to see a bunch of reasons why he might not be awful; I need to see some explanations as to why he might be good. So far the best I have is "well he scored some points with a mediocre QB and made Reggie Bush look good". Folks - Reggie Bush is insanely talented, he just couldn't stay on the field. Figuring out a way to make someone with Bush's speed and athleticism doesn't impress me.

No, this hire isn't a good one. In fact, it's a bad one because it was made for the wrong reasons. Scott Pioli didn't look for someone that could come in here and score the most points given the freedom to choose his own QB and run his own system. No, Scott Pioli hired what he perceives to be the best available option to make Matt Cassel look better.

And frankly, I don't give a large rat's ass who Scott Pioli perceives to be the best available coach for any situation. All he seems capable of doing is hiring guys that Bill Belichick hired first and hoping they suck slightly less than the last BB castoff.

I've simply lost interest in this team. The way it's being run, the reasons decisions are made - all of it. There just isn't a single thing about this franchise that makes it fun to root for. They're a black-hat franchise that also happens to get mediocre results. They're not even loveable losers - it's just a bunch of transparent egomaniacs that are more interested in being right than being successful.

Nailed it.

stonedstooge 02-04-2012 10:51 AM

I'm sure Pioli will be claiming this is who Romeo decided on. Got to have a scapegoat for blame later down the line. It's the Patriot way

milkman 02-04-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8347622)

Mike McCarthy was the QB coach for the Chiefs in Marty's first couple of seasons as the Chiefs HC, and the OC for the 31st ranked offense in San Francisco when he got the Packers job.

Talent trumps all, or in some cases, lack of talent.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347615)
Do the rankings of Daboll indicate how truly bad his offenses were run or is it that he really had dog shit talent on his teams with no deccent QB. I tend to think that other than the QB position we are more talented than any other team he has had before

He had Daniel Thomas, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall and a better QB in Moore than he's going to have in KC. He had some decent secondary options with Fasano and Bess. And the Dolphins O-Line is actually a pretty good one, though like ours they have a gaping hole at RT.

He didn't have dogshit talent in Miami - he just didn't have premier talent. He had better than #22 talent, IMO. And there's no reason to believe he's going to have appreciably better results with the talent we have here.

But it's easier for folks to just say "He had dogshit talent everywhere he was...HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME" and excoriate the same people that say the disaster that was Matt Cassel 3 years before the rest of them caught up.

Yeah, Daboll just needs more weapons and more time, just like ol' Matt. That extra time and weapons worked out spectacularly for us with Cassel, didn't it?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347623)
I'd rather get my head caught in a trash compactor than make a push for Jimmy Clausen.

This.

There is a REASON he slid in the draft...AND that same team drafted a QB with the #1 overall pick the following year. Shows what they thought of Clausens future...

Messier 02-04-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8347625)
I'm sure Pioli will be claiming this is who Romeo decided on. Got to have a scapegoat for blame later down the line. It's the Patriot way

I don't doubt Crennel made this hire, he knows him as well if not better than Pioli.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:53 AM

I think back to when the Chiefs rehired Gunther as DC.

This place was ecstatic.

Logical and I were the lone dissenting voices.

It's all about talent.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347626)
Mike McCarthy was the QB coach for the Chiefs in Marty's first couple of seasons as the Chiefs HC, and the OC for the 31st ranked offense in San Francisco when he got the Packers job.

Talent trumps all, or in some cases, lack of talent.

And this...

As I said, I am not as down on Daboll's past performance as an OC as others...

...rather the fact that his hiring is in favor of Cassel starting the next season.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8347628)
He had Daniel Thomas, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall and a better QB in Moore than he's going to have in KC. He had some decent secondary options with Fasano and Bess. And the Dolphins O-Line is actually a pretty good one, though like ours they have a gaping hole at RT.

He didn't have dogshit talent in Miami - he just didn't have premier talent. He had better than #22 talent, IMO. And there's no reason to believe he's going to have appreciably better results with the talent we have here.

But it's easier for folks to just say "He had dogshit talent everywhere he was...HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME" and excoriate the same people that say the disaster that was Matt Cassel 3 years before the rest of them caught up.

Yeah, Daboll just needs more weapons and more time, just like ol' Matt. That extra time and weapons worked out spectacularly for us with Cassel, didn't it?

Matt Moore.

R8RFAN 02-04-2012 10:56 AM

The thing I don't understand is since they waited this long, why not go ahead and wait till Monday where they could try to pluck one from one of the SB teams