ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

SAUTO 01-07-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9294957)
Another thread that I wish I had time to read through.

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

I am becoming more disenchanted with the Reid hiring by the day.

where did you get the idea we were talking about kiffin?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones 01-07-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9294308)
The pick is a QB. I don't know what all this background noise is.

This.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9294843)
You want the sure thing. Thats what you've been insisting all along.

I'm insisting that Andy Reid and the Chiefs believe that they have a sure thing.

At this point, these QB's haven't even separated themselves from each other. How can anyone, with any certainty, proclaim which QB is worthy of the #1 overall pick?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

Whole 'nother subject.

You've probably seen as many USC games as I have the past few years and know why he was fired. It was either Monte or both Monte and Lane.

If he's hired, I'll be far from thrilled.

SAUTO 01-07-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294985)
I'm insisting that Andy Reid and the Chiefs believe that they have a sure thing.

At this point, these QB's haven't even separated themselves from each other. How can anyone, with any certainty, proclaim which QB is worthy of the #1 overall pick?

I don't think they are going to take the pick without being sure.

I wish that you would have had the opportunity to see more of Geno Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 01-07-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

But, oh well.

**** Monte Kiffen.

By the day, meaning three days. Well, you gave it a shot.

bricks 01-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Nobody can. It's like that practically every year though. Last year was an exception.

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 10:19 PM

ROFL at people dissing Reid after 3 days and he hasnt hired anyone yet. Youre knocking the guy before he's done anything here. Atleast wait til theres A hire

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9295012)
I don't think they are going to take the pick without being sure.

I wish that you would have had the opportunity to see more of Geno Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me, too.

I saw plenty of Barkley and while he may be a good fit for Reid's WCO, he shouldn't go higher than around #20 because he was really exposed in 2012. He may even have medical issues which cause him to fall even lower.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294948)
I'm actually not putting more weight into one over the other, I acknowledged the possibility, something in which some people aren't prepared to do.

I figured out some years that my opinion of the Chiefs and their moves doesn't mean jack shit. I wanted Ryan in 2008, Sanchez in 2009 (and said that Tyson Jackson was THE worst draft choice in Franchise history, and still stand by that) and would have traded the entire draft for RGIII.

The bottom line is that The Combines are six weeks away, yet some people have already targeted Geno Smith as the undisputed number overall choice.

That may be the case but it's far from a certainty today, despite the wants of some forum members.

Your first few posts in this thread sure seemed like you did.

You seemed convinced that they were going to disappoint everybody.

I'm sure a lot if it has to do with your conviction about the QB situation in this draft.

For me, I don't put a lot of stock in it. They'll either take a QB or they won't. Nothing he's said in these last 4 days will figure into that decision at all.

milkman 01-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9295038)
By the day, meaning three days. Well, you gave it a shot.

Well, I am one of the few people here that didn't want Reid to start with.

Messier 01-07-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9295076)
Well, I am one of the few people here that didn't want Reid to start with.

Why?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

MOST years there's some debate about the top guys in the draft. What happened last year is RARE.

and even when consensus happens, it can be wrong - see Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9294991)
Whole 'nother subject.

You've probably seen as many USC games as I have the past few years and know why he was fired. It was either Monte or both Monte and Lane.

If he's hired, I'll be far from thrilled.

Same here. Not excited at all.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9295051)
Nobody can. It's like that practically every year though. Last year was an exception.

I don't buy that, at all.

These guys have been scouted since grade school. There are so many quarterback camps held each year in addition to film from high school to college. Psych evaluations have improved over the past decade, as have background checks.

If there's a consensus, it's almost certain that a guy chosen in 2013 will find success in the NFL.