ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games E3 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273707)

DMAC 06-11-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9743622)
I think it will be out for Xbox One and 360

If that video is for the new system, I don't see much of a huge upgrade visually.

That Tom Clancy video makes this look like shit.

Dayze 06-11-2013 08:31 AM

i can't wait for Watch Dogs.
If it's a PS4 only title, hell - I'll buy the PS4 earlier thatn I normally would just for that game.

mdchiefsfan 06-11-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9743633)
If that video is for the new system, I don't see much of a huge upgrade visually.

That Tom Clancy video makes this look like shit.

I think the frame rate didn't translate well when they uploaded it. Let me find a better video.

mdchiefsfan 06-11-2013 08:45 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1t11klyI91g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 06-11-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9743454)
Yep, got mine in June 2008 and not one hiccup. Went though 3 xbox since August 2007.

+1.
Went through 3 Xbox consoles in 14 months. the final "4th" one, replaced new via warranty, was sold to a friend of mine.

Never going back. I'm sure they're fine now, but I was too burned on the deal to ever really seriously considering buying one again.

mdchiefsfan 06-11-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9743686)
+1.
Went through 3 Xbox consoles in 14 months. the final "4th" one, replaced new via warranty, was sold to a friend of mine.

Never going back. I'm sure they're fine now, but I was too burned on the deal to ever really seriously considering buying one again.

Not to mention there is talk of Microsoft under-clocking their system to avoid the same issue as before.

Rausch 06-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9743258)
I think people should give up on Backwards Compatibility, at least with Sony and Microsoft. Microsoft only allowed certain Xbox games to by played on the 360, Sony flip flopped on different versions of their PS3 consoles on which ones were backwards compatible. This "through emulation" backwards compatibility sounds better than Xbox's no compatibility, but I think it's going to be in the same light that PS3 was. The only company that seems to embrace backwards compatibility openly is Nintendo, and I fear that is because they need sales. But as soon as you say that your console is backwards compatible it immediately devalues your old console exponentially. Microsoft and Sony want to keep selling PS3 and 360 well after the cycle. Theres no use in a devalued old console once the new console has all the titles that gamers want.

And this really pissed me off. I purchased the Metal Gear PS3 bundle and sacrificed HD space and other options because it was the last one I could find that played PS1/PS2/PS3 games.

Just because I've bought the new console doesn't mean I want to quit playing my old games. Honestly I doubt I've even purchased 15 ps3 games since buying the console. I still log hours on older RPG's because there isn't much out there that has that addictive factor for me.

I loved the game and online options of Resistance2 and Fallout3 ate my life for months. Outside of that there hasn't been much that fit my tastes.

Mr. Plow 06-11-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

+1.

I can understand that. I had the same issues with PS2 which is likely what pushed me to Xbox. With 360, I bought a day one system and never had an issue with it - still use it. Bought a second one a year later, got RROD.

I can see how going through 2-3 consoles can sour you on it.

Quesadilla Joe 06-11-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

+1.

Yep, bought a launch-date 360 and it went to shit just a week or two after my warranty expired and I had to pay 50 bucks to get it fixed, they gave me a 90 day warranty after the repair and a few weeks after the 90 day warranty expired it broke again, another 50 bucks spent to get it fixed.... That happened twice more and after they raised the price to fix it to $100 I said **** this, I'm out. I never once got the RROD though, and I was hoping I'd get it so that my repair would be free.

I've had two PS3's since I gave up on XBOX, my first PS3 stopped reading discs after a couple years but I've had no problems with my second one.

Rausch 06-11-2013 09:07 AM

And as a Sega fan (dreaming of the day they get back into the console market) I was disapoint. Do they make anything other than Sonic and NBA games anymore?...

The Franchise 06-11-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9743717)
Yep, bought a launch-date 360 and it went to shit just a week or two after my warranty expired and I had to pay 50 bucks to get it fixed, they gave me a 90 day warranty after the repair and a few weeks after the 90 day warranty expired it broke again, another 50 bucks spent to get it fixed.... That happened twice more and after they raised the price to fix it to $100 I said **** this, I'm out. I never once got the RROD though, and I was hoping I'd get it so that my repair would be free.

I've had two PS3's since I gave up on XBOX, my first PS3 stopped reading discs after a couple years but I've had no problems with my second one.

My first 360 got the RRoD after about 8 months. It was the only console at the time....so when I sent it in for repairs....I went out and bought the Elite. Got my original one back and sold it on CL. The Elite lasted about 4 years with my brother....and just got the RRoD last weekend.

Honestly....I probably won't own an XBox ever again.

The Franchise 06-11-2013 09:33 AM

So.....it's $5 a month to play online? $60 a year? That really isn't that bad.....as long as it's just strictly multiplayer only. I figured Sony would eventually get around to charging for it.....so it's not surprising to me.

Mr. Plow 06-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9743785)
So.....it's $5 a month to play online? $60 a year? That really isn't that bad.....as long as it's just strictly multiplayer only. I figured Sony would eventually get around to charging for it.....so it's not surprising to me.

Yeah, it's not a bad price. On the PS3, does each individual acct on the system have it's own PS+, or is it one PS+ for the entire system?

The Franchise 06-11-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9743796)
Yeah, it's not a bad price. On the PS3, does each individual acct on the system have it's own PS+, or is it one PS+ for the entire system?

I have no clue. I've never owned a PS+ account. I tried it for 30 days when it first came out.....and didn't really do shit with it. It'll be interesting to see if they keep giving you free games with it after they start charging.

Quesadilla Joe 06-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Also of note: Jack Tretton will be bringing actual PS4 hardware by our Spike stage to show it off at 10 am PT.
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...75507544436736

Link....

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html