ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

Mav 07-13-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9808775)
When did I put Gasol in the same category as Shaq? I'm talking about how LA has had good players on the team before and Kobe got along with them in the same way MJ got along with his. The claim that he's insufferable to work with are ridiculous, especially when you're going to blame Kobe for Howard when Howard actually HAS a track record of being impossible to work with. But I guess it's everybody else's fault but Howard's.

Im not blaming Kobe for anything related to the lakers, and howard leaving. I believe that belongs on the shoulders of whatever buss is running things, and refused to fire Dantoni, and bring back Phil. If they had done that the moment they fired Mike Brown, the Lakers season is a lot different, and Howard is a happy laker right now. That's where the blame goes. Howard left because of Dantoni being the coach. Saying he didn't like Playing with Kobe, was just a side note that could of been ignored if Phil was the coach.

No one expects, or thinks that every team that plays together likes everyone. Hell, I didn't like some guys on my little league teams, or high school teams, and damn sure didn't like everyone I went to war with. Its funny how great leadership that you respect can make that much tolerable.

And to the Gasol thing. Gasol is not a great player. That was my point. He is a good player. Has been, but hes a product of playing with Kobe, and next to Bynum.

chiefzilla1501 07-13-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808799)
Im not blaming Kobe for anything related to the lakers, and howard leaving. I believe that belongs on the shoulders of whatever buss is running things, and refused to fire Dantoni, and bring back Phil. If they had done that the moment they fired Mike Brown, the Lakers season is a lot different, and Howard is a happy laker right now. That's where the blame goes. Howard left because of Dantoni being the coach. Saying he didn't like Playing with Kobe, was just a side note that could of been ignored if Phil was the coach.

No one expects, or thinks that every team that plays together likes everyone. Hell, I didn't like some guys on my little league teams, or high school teams, and damn sure didn't like everyone I went to war with. Its funny how great leadership that you respect can make that much tolerable.

And to the Gasol thing. Gasol is not a great player. That was my point. He is a good player. Has been, but hes a product of playing with Kobe, and next to Bynum.

Fair enough. Though, I disagree on Howard. I think that guy is a ticking time bomb wherever he goes.

TEX 07-13-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9806602)
I can see it working. Kobe just doesn't play well with others, and there were too many stars in LA. Plus thier systems sucked for them. In Orlando he didn't have enough help. Harden played just fine with Durant and Westbrook, and I think he's a perfect fit for Howard.

I agree. Less egos in Houston. I also bet Howard improves offensively under McHale and working with Olajuwon.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-17-2013 11:22 AM

@SportsCenter: Lakers will target LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in 2014 free agency, front office sources tell @ramonashelburne & @WindhorstESPN.

DaKCMan AP 07-17-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9817605)
@SportsCenter: Lakers will target LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony in 2014 free agency, front office sources tell @ramonashelburne & @WindhorstESPN.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...yeah-right.gif

ChiefsCountry 07-17-2013 11:36 AM

Kobe and Carmello, the two biggest ball hogs in the NBA on the same team. Gold.

tecumseh 07-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

LA Implosion Take 2.

kcxiv 07-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9808799)

Are you kidding, he was carrying the Grizzlies, when they were complete ass to the play offs pretty much by himself.

Gasol may be soft, but he's probably the best euro player thats ever lived, if not top 3. Gasol will make the Hall of Fame. He deserves it. In his prime, there was no one that had the skillset of him down low in the post, he was beautiful to watch. Wish he was more physical as i said, but his offense is ****ing amazing.

kcxiv 07-17-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9817682)
LA Implosion Take 2.

Well, why shouldnt they, they have 2 players under contract going into 2014-2015 season. Nash and Robert Sacre. Well, maybe Kaman now. I dont know how long his contract is, may be just 1 year.

-King- 07-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Sky is blue.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-17-2013 02:23 PM

I think it would be a great move for James and Anthony to make the move to LA. They have a great crowd there and loyal fans. Miami, while yes they have South Beach, amazing weather, etc., never seemed like a good fit for what happened there. LA is all Lakers, all the time (yes even with the Clippers showing signs of a pulse) and those fans would appreciate that more. The real Laker fans I have met are some of the nicest, loyal people. With all due respect to the Heat, it's just not the same down there.

mcaj22 07-17-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9817888)
I think it would be a great move for James and Anthony to make the move to LA. They have a great crowd there and loyal fans. Miami, while yes they have South Beach, amazing weather, etc., never seemed like a good fit for what happened there. LA is all Lakers, all the time (yes even with the Clippers showing signs of a pulse) and those fans would appreciate that more. The real Laker fans I have met are some of the nicest, loyal people. With all due respect to the Heat, it's just not the same down there.

how is back to back championships not a "good fit"

Chiefs Pantalones 07-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9817900)
how is back to back championships not a "good fit"

I'm talking about fanbases.

saphojunkie 07-17-2013 02:47 PM

This is such bullshit. The Lakers aren't targeting Lebron and Carmelo. They're saying that so people still support the team while they tank for Wiggins.

Setsuna 07-17-2013 03:33 PM

Who wouldn't be targeting them? Also who does LA think they are? They must think they crap rainbows or something and they can get whoever they want. F that franchise.