ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Chiefs Pantalones 09-15-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8912099)
I don't remember a running play from about midway through the 3rd quarter on, that was about 5 drives.

Geez. Need to keep that more balanced and unpredictable. Especially considering we weren't out of the game.

Imon Yourside 09-15-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8912106)
Geez. Need to keep that more balanced and unpredictable. Especially considering we weren't out of the game.

Yup..i'll offer this up for Weis today..even though i like the guy...

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES...d-award-11.jpg

007 09-15-2012 05:19 PM

Just saw the score and I'm happy they didn't get buried at least.

Pablo 09-15-2012 07:53 PM

Didn't get to watch the game; was busy moving for like 9 straight hours.

Hey, I know it's sad but I'll take a 14 point loss to the #16 team in the nation. How'd it happen? Defense play lights out? TCU cough it up a ton?

Al Czervik 09-15-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 8912744)
Didn't get to watch the game; was busy moving for like 9 straight hours.

Hey, I know it's sad but I'll take a 14 point loss to the #16 team in the nation. How'd it happen? Defense play lights out? TCU cough it up a ton?

The D had like 5 turnovers....Most of which occurred in the Red Zone.

Aside from that, pretty meh across the board for KU.
Another below average showing for Crist and the receivers.

Mr. Plow 09-21-2012 07:21 PM

So, tell me.......what should I expect tomorrow? Haven't had the opportunity to see much of KU thus far because of work.

Mr. Plow 09-21-2012 07:23 PM

Also just saw this.....

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/s...-picks-kansas/

Three-star juco linebacker from California picks Kansas

By Matt Tait

Kansas University’s football team picked up its second oral commitment of the week from the Class of 2013 on Thursday, landing a pledge from Marcus Jenkins-Moore, an outside linebacker from Pierce Community College in Woodland Hills, Calif., JayhawkSlant.com reported.

Jenkins-Moore joins Mississippi defensive end Andrew Bolton (Hinds CC) as KU’s eighth and ninth commitments in the current class.

A three-star prospect, according to Rivals.com, Jenkins-Moore had scholarship offers from a dozen other BCS-conference schools including Kansas State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

JayhawkSlant reported that tight ends coach Jeff Blasko was the lead recruiter for Jenkins-Moore, but defensive coordinator Dave Campo also played a heavy role in landing the sophomore, who, at 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, is known for his speed. It sounds as if Campo may have been one of the deciding factors.

“He’s very passionate and knows what he’s talking about,” said Jenkins-Moore of Campo during a recent interview with JayhawkSlant.com. “He knows how to get players ready for that next level. He’s the kind of defensive coordinator you want to play for.”

Another factor, according to Jenkins-Moore, was KU’s determination.

“Kansas showed they wanted me more than all of the other schools,” he told JayhawkSlant. “All of the coaches, Blasko, Weis and Campo, would Facebook me every day and they recruited me the hardest. If the other schools wanted me as bad they would have been on me like Kansas was. They always stayed in touch and asked me how everything was going along with my family.”

Jenkins-Moore made his official visit to KU during the weekend of the TCU game. He made the trip with juco teammate Marquel Combs, a four-star, 6-3, 305-pound defensive tackle who also has KU on his very long list.

Saul Good 09-21-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8934056)
So, tell me.......what should I expect tomorrow? Haven't had the opportunity to see much of KU thus far because of work.

Expect them to lose by 11 because I took them plus 10.5.

Lzen 09-22-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8934056)

Hard to say. They haven't been good on the road in recent years. But who knows? New coach, new era? And NIU hasn't exactly been impressive.

The defense still needs a talent upgrade, namely the dline. But you can definitely tell they are better coached.

I think Weiss called way too many passes in the 2nd half of the last two games. Especially considering we were running well I. The first halves. Don't get that mindset.

Crist has looked better but still not as good as I think many of us expected. Also of note in last week's game, Crist probably should have had a couple more TDs. One was a great throw to Turzilli that would have been a long TD, but zili dropped it. The other was when Crist fumbled near the end while running into the end zone.

All in all, the team is improved. But it's still a work in progress.

Braincase 09-22-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8934979)
Hard to say. They haven't been good on the road in recent years. But who knows? New coach, new era? And NIU hasn't exactly been impressive.

The defense still needs a talent upgrade, namely the dline. But you can definitely tell they are better coached.

I think Weiss called way too many passes in the 2nd half of the last two games. Especially considering we were running well I. The first halves. Don't get that mindset.

Crist has looked better but still not as good as I think many of us expected. Also of note in last week's game, Crist probably should have had a couple more TDs. One was a great throw to Turzilli that would have been a long TD, but zili dropped it. The other was when Crist fumbled near the end while running into the end zone.

All in all, the team is improved. But it's still a work in progress.

Agree on all points. NIU did have trouble with Army's running game last week, so I expect to see some ground pounding this week.

shitgoose 09-22-2012 12:19 PM

Is the NIU game televised?

sedated 09-22-2012 12:31 PM

Looking like no TV today. I looked up "KMBZ" to see what channel it was, and ironically they seem pretty proud to be "the home of the missouri tigers"

Braincase 09-22-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8935045)
Looking like no TV today. I looked up "KMBZ" to see what channel it was, and ironically they seem pretty proud to be "the home of the missouri tigers"

It's on ESPN3.

ArrowheadHawk 09-22-2012 01:33 PM

Just about time for the kickoff.

ArrowheadHawk 09-22-2012 01:35 PM

ESPN3 sucks. Quality isn't good.