ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Should I confront my fiance over text messages I found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267988)

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:01 PM

is it a question of hiding?

my ex and I never hid anything...but we never even thought of wanting to look at the other's texts. At no point in our relationship did I think, "boy, I really need to see what/who she's texting!"

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239614)
well in Champaign, IL where you can get into campus bars at age 19...I'm lucky I pull off 23 well because when a girl finds out I'm 27 they are like "why in the **** are you here?!?!" It's actually pretty funny and I use it to my advantage.

There is a karaoke night every Wednesday that is guaranteed 'find a girl and take her home' night for me and my roommate and it was never like that when we were 22. Older, wise, richer and the bartenders who are used to getting shitty tips from 20 year olds all night love us (because we tip) so we get more attention from them and we become the life of the bar...it's fantastic.

AND I'M GIVING IT ALL UP =( I think this is the most depressed I've been in my life. I google'd "what to do in Champaign that doesn't involve drinking" this week.

At least I've confirmed to myself I have no dependency on alcohol...I don't miss drinking one bit and it has been two weeks. I just miss the social scene that comes with alcohol that you can't find anywhere else without it.

Ever consider cooking meth?

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9239630)
[/B]

Drug free brah.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239625)
is it a question of hiding?

my ex and I never hid anything...but we never even thought of wanting to look at the other's texts. At no point in our relationship did I think, "boy, I really need to see what/who she's texting!"

It's not the desire to look....to my spouse I should be an open book. Otherwise you get exactly the situation he has here....and they aren't even married yet.

Why start off a relationship hiding something?

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239639)
Drug free brah.

Didn't say you had to use, manu

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239614)
well in Champaign, IL where you can get into campus bars at age 19...I'm lucky I pull off 23 well because when a girl finds out I'm 27 they are like "why in the **** are you here?!?!" It's actually pretty funny and I use it to my advantage.

There is a karaoke night every Wednesday that is guaranteed 'find a girl and take her home' night for me and my roommate and it was never like that when we were 22. Older, wise, richer and the bartenders who are used to getting shitty tips from 20 year olds all night love us (because we tip) so we get more attention from them and we become the life of the bar...it's fantastic.

AND I'M GIVING IT ALL UP =( I think this is the most depressed I've been in my life. I google'd "what to do in Champaign that doesn't involve drinking" this week.

At least I've confirmed to myself I have no dependency on alcohol...I don't miss drinking one bit and it has been two weeks. I just miss the social scene that comes with alcohol that you can't find anywhere else without it.

My advice. Move. Move to a town like Austin, where the young girls graduate and do everything in their power to STAY in town because it's not not a giant crapfest like Champaign. PLUS, the bar scene has a much much broader age range. Oh, and prettier girls to boot. There ya go! Problem solved! :D

(dealing out crappy advice left and right in this thread!)

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:13 PM

hiding an affair is one thing

hiding disdain for a family member? I don't know, I guess it could go both ways.

It's not like the girl in the OP was talking "noise" about the dudes family to some Susie nobody co-worker. He was reading her texts that were going to her own sister.

My sister and I share things about people that are less than flattering that we only say because we're siblings, and we grew up together, and we're close.

I mean, 1 reason he's mad is because his fiance complained about his mother's cooking!

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239646)
My advice. Move. Move to a town like Austin, where the young girls graduate and do everything in their power to STAY in town because it's not not a giant crapfest like Champaign. PLUS, the bar scene has a much much broader age range. Oh, and prettier girls to boot. There ya go! Problem solved! :D

(dealing out crappy advice left and right in this thread!)

Yeah, I lived in Dallas for a year. I really liked it, but the SMU girls sucked compared to the Champaign girls. Rich girls aren't really my cup of tea I guess.

I just missed my friends and family too much. I moved back. I now have a career that hopefully translates into a promotion and another ticket out of town in a year or so. This time with a reason and job rather than a whim and a desire for sometihng new.

Reaper16 12-24-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9239630)
[/B]

JESSE, WE'LL COOK IN THE ADULT BARS IN CHAMPAIGN, IL. THEY'RE EMPTY.

Groves 12-24-2012 11:17 PM

This is the perfect dumpster fire to warm my winter-chilled tootsies. You came to the right board for advice.

Don't forget to keep us posted. Our advice gets way better after a few rounds of "tell us what happened next". We're like a learning robot.

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9239651)
This is the perfect dumpster fire to warm my winter-chilled tootsies. You came to the right board for advice.

Don't forget to keep us posted. Our advice gets way better after a few rounds of "tell us what happened next". We're like a learning robot.

LMAO

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9239650)

Nah. They are just full of older, ugly people or hippies. The majority of my friends LOVE these bars as they are grown ups.

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9239650)

ROFL

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239649)
Yeah, I lived in Dallas for a year. I really liked it, but the SMU girls sucked compared to the Champaign girls. Rich girls aren't really my cup of tea I guess.

I just missed my friends and family too much. I moved back. I now have a career that hopefully translates into a promotion and another ticket out of town in a year or so. This time with a reason and job rather than a whim and a desire for sometihng new.

Dallas? ouch. Yeah, Austin obliterates Dallas as a livable city. Dallas girls are mostly a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.. which is saying a lot given that they are far from unattractive.

I understand the family and friends things though, good luck.

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239664)
Dallas? ouch. Yeah, Austin obliterates Dallas as a livable city. Dallas girls are mostly a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.. which is saying a lot given that they are far from unattractive.

I understand the family and friends things though, good luck.

I should have known that then...from what I heard, Austin would have been my kind of town.

Maybe if I get promoted I can request Austin.