ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread************* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178248)

Mecca 01-07-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Tim Tebow also can believe that he'll never be a starting caliber QB in the NFL...

Considering the class of QB's in the next few years....he has the physical tools he's 6'4 230...he's gonna get picked in the 1st round by someone. He isn't one of the midget spread guys.

Coach 01-07-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Vince Young was an awesome college player, spread offense and all that...in the NFL not so much. I thought he would have to switch positions....we'll see. I'd say he's a better prospect than our QB's but that's like picking between dog and cat shit.

Some conferences can't have championship games, the Big 10/11 and the Pac 10 don't have 12 teams so they can't have them.

Well, would it be a good idea for those conferences to get another team, so that they can have their conference championship? I mean, the downside is that a number 1 or 2 team can lose.

But then, the upside is that the revenue for the conference would be tremendous, as well as the championship site as well.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-07-2008 10:35 PM

Geuax Tigers!

ClevelandBronco 01-07-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
If the Big XII didn't have a championship game, Missouri would be playing in it...

If they didn't have a game Missouri would play in it?

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Again, Missouri blew their shot. They did not deserve to be playing tonight. But OSU had their shot handed to them on a silver platter by the BCS and coaches/writers who voted them No. 1...... WHY? Because of.... WHAT? They did NOTHING. They beat NOBODY (sorry, but being unranked Michigan doesn't mean shit, even though it's Michigan). This game should have featured Georgia, West Virginia or Oklahoma, IMO. And yes, I know OU got creamed, but still, they played and beat good teams.

When OSU lost to Illinois, they dropped to 7th. Everyone kept losing. They backed into the title game. No doubt. As I have said, the system is flawed. Play-offs...

Pablo 01-07-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
What's your point? As long as he gets Florida another NC or two, who gives a shit?

BTW, Jerry Jones seems to think Tebow has what it takes to play in the NFL. I trust his judgment a little more than yours. ;)

Hrmm..so Jerry Jones is looking to pick up a slow 6'4" running back that passes sometimes...nice. That'll work well for the 'Boys.

Better look over your shoulder Romo, Tebow's on the way. I really like the fact Jones likes Tebow, they should really consider drafting him..with their first pick here in a couple years.

Spott 01-07-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
What's your point? As long as he gets Florida another NC or two, who gives a shit?

He hasn't gotten them one, yet. Chris Leak got them one, though.

Mecca 01-07-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Well, would it be a good idea for those conferences to get another team, so that they can have their conference championship? I mean, the downside is that a number 1 or 2 team can lose.

But then, the upside is that the revenue for the conference would be tremendous, as well as the championship site as well.

It's up to them but who are they gonna add? Who can the Big 10 add...the Pac 10 would have to add 2, I don't really wanna see bottom feeders like San Diego State or San Jose State in the conference who aren't good at any sport.

Pablo 01-07-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Considering the class of QB's in the next few years....he has the physical tools he's 6'4 230...he's gonna get picked in the 1st round by someone. He isn't one of the midget spread guys.

I have no doubt he'll go high in the draft...for gods sake, we're talking about guys like Longshore being top prospects as well.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott
He hasn't gotten them one, yet. Chris Leak got them one, though.

Tebow scored twice in the NC game (pass & run). We also would not have beaten Tennessee without Tebow and he played a big role against LSU.

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.
Can you guarantee OSU is good enough to be guaranteed win their conference? If not, then it's not fair they don't have to play in a CCG.

I think all conferences should be required to have a championship.

Think about it this way....would you allow a school to only play 11 games? A team playing in a CCG HAS to play an extra game. If you make a team play an extra game, why is it not reasonable to allow them to play 1 less?

Or eliminate them all. Its only played for money...

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:39 PM

TD SEC!

Pablo 01-07-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Vince Young was an awesome college player, spread offense and all that...in the NFL not so much. I thought he would have to switch positions....we'll see. I'd say he's a better prospect than our QB's but that's like picking between dog and cat shit.

Some conferences can't have championship games, the Big 10/11 and the Pac 10 don't have 12 teams so they can't have them.

I'd just have to choose the cat shit that can stay inside the pocket and read NFL style defenses over the dog shit that runs outside and gets stomped on.

Coach 01-07-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

It's up to them but who are they gonna add? Who can the Big 10 add...the Pac 10 would have to add 2, I don't really wanna see bottom feeders like San Diego State or San Jose State in the conference who aren't good at any sport.

Well, there is somebody from the Conference of USA that they probably can get over. Or at least try to convince ND to get out of the independent status (Although, very unlikely)

As much as you don't want the bottom feeders, the Big XII does have their own unfortunately. It is Baylor and one of the teams in the North, depending on how the north is created up.

Frazod 01-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
If they didn't have a game Missouri would play in it?

I didn't word that very well.

After Missouri beat Kansas, we were 11-1 and ranked No. 1. Ohio State was also 11-1 at that point. Missouri played an additional game, and lost. Ohio State lurked, waited, and risked nothing.

It was unfair for Ohio State (AND KANSAS) to benefit from playing one less game. Sorry, but that's just fucked.