ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

htismaqe 02-20-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419900)
LMAO

You weren't here, so you're once again talking about something you know nothing about.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419902)
I don't make a special note to watch a lot of college football, I just do.

It's got nothing to do with scouting players. I just happen to have watch A LOT of these guys play, and play A LOT.

And I just happened to have had a newborn in August, so MY time was limited.

But that's cool, go ahead and insult me for not watching a team in West Virginia, because, you know, they're broadcast every week in SoCal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419902)
So why don't you stick to something you actually know something about...oh wiat, according to you, that's literally everything.

And where and when did I say that?

Where have I stated that ANY of the 2013 QB's would be failures, successes, so on and so forth? Or, where have I stepped outside my knowledge base and offered poor advice to someone?

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419905)
No, he said "coming out of college".

Only the most obstinate, self-righteous asshole would try to make that into anything other than what it is:

COMING OUT OF COLLEGE

But go ahead and try to twist every last letter in the English language in and effort to prove your point.

Every time you do it, it just proves mine - that you're a GIANT ****ING DOUCHE.

I'm a douche because BossChief said "Coming out of college" instead of prospects as rated by NFL Scouts.

That's nice.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419913)
I'm a douche because BossChief said "Coming out of college" instead of prospects as rated by NFL Scouts.

That's nice.

It's pretty clear what "coming out of college means".

Unless you're being disingenuous.

Or you're just flat ****ing stupid.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419909)
And I just happened to have had a newborn in August, so MY time was limited.

But that's cool, go ahead and insult me for not watching a team in West Virginia, because, you know, they're broadcast every week in SoCal.

ROFL

Talk about completely missing the point.

I'm not insulting you for not watching.

I'm insulting you because you feel the need to insult me because I do.

Way to make it all about you, the constant victim.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419908)
You weren't here, so you're once again talking about something you know nothing about.

Really? I wasn't here in October?

Huh. That's odd because I began posting again sometime around the end of July 2012 so technically, October 2012 is between July 2012 and February 2013.

Unless there's some new Top Secret Scouting Report I missed that has redefined the Gregorian Calendar.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419917)
ROFL

Talk about completely missing the point.

I'm not insulting you for not watching.

I'm insulting you because you feel the need to insult me because I do.

Way to make it all about you, the constant victim.

I didn't insult you for watching college football.

I asked that if I were to watch all of the games, would I be allowed to join the club?

Completely different.

keg in kc 02-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419921)
I didn't insult you for watching college football.

I asked that if I were to watch all of the games, would I be allowed to join the club?

Completely different.

You can join my club if you'll pay the low, low one time entry fee of 11,000 dollars.

beach tribe 02-20-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419903)
Would you care to identify the "logical side"?

I said A logical side.
I'm not getting into this with you.
You've never budged an inch as long as I've "known" you. I don't expect you to now.

Fish 02-20-2013 05:36 PM

Another Dane bleed out session I see.... how surprising...

Sorter 02-20-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419872)
A monstrous backlash for what, exactly? Waiting for The Combines, waiting for free agency to begin and waiting to see who exactly the Chiefs draft?

JFC. Never ONCE have I said that Geno Smith shouldn't be the choice. I've chosen to WAIT before making any determination until AFTER the Combines.

****ing moron.

Personally, the Combine, Pro Days, + Senior Bowl shouldn't radically alter how one views a prospect (without knowledge as to interviews, etc.) The majority of one's opinion should be primarily based on film available/personal viewings of a prospect.

JMHO though.

BossChief 02-20-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419897)
Is that what I said, you ****ing piece of garbage?

YOU didn't specify "Prospect". Did you? No.

So, shut the **** up.

YOU said that your answer was gonna stay the same after we wrote the explanation in crayon for ya.

So, yes...that IS what YOU wrote.

Sorry you couldn't connect the dots yourself, Douchelord Blowhard.

BossChief 02-20-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419945)
Personally, the Combine, Pro Days, + Senior Bowl shouldn't radically alter how one views a prospect (without knowledge as to interviews, etc.) The majority of one's opinion should be primarily based on film available/personal viewings of a prospect.

JMHO though.

I think it's a mix of both. You have to watch the tape and then ask the player why he made the mistakes he made...then, based on his response, you go back to the tape and see what you can do to correct it, if at all. Then, you follow up with future interviews and then in the private workout, you try to see if he can or can't do things you will ask him to do if you draft him...some things you want to see if he has made improvements since the film you saw and some things you may not have seen on tape, but want to see him do it because if you draft them, it's part of their job.

It's all part of assessing how far the QB will need to go, mentally and physically, once you draft him...before he can get on the field.

This is the part that I think Barkley, Wilson and Geno will help themselves...Geno being the biggest profiteer.

Geno should wow gms and coaches on the board with X's and O's, in his interviews about on nd off the field stuff and should be able to blow them away with his throwing to every area of the field.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419945)

JMHO though.

Yeah, I like the combine for limited purposes.

Geno: Has Weinke fixed his footwork to where he will step and drive? If so, the combine will show that and he's at a clear 'elite' level as a prospect.

Barkley: Is his arm sound?

But for most things, the tape should tell you more than the combine.

BossChief 02-20-2013 05:52 PM

Barkley isn't gonna throw at the combine...and Dysert injured his hamstring while working out.