ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9652187)

God. Damn. It.

philfree 05-02-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9652098)
If you follow Omar Kelly on twitter, he says the Dolphins and Albert never agreed on a contract. I don't know how reliable he is, but he is the Dolphins beat reporter.

It could have been info put out by Albert's agent trying to pressure Dorsey into lowering the trade compensation. :shrug: Who gives a shit at this point?
And why?

KevB 05-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9652187)

I hate when people post this gif, because I end up watching it no less than 10 times. It gets funnier the more you watch. I just don't know how you can get that excited about taking an offensive tackle, even if you think it's the right pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9651650)
Why? Just play them wherever it works best. If the best line is Fisher at RT and Albert at LT then put them there.

The Niners drafted 1.11 in 2010 and put Davis at RT. Yeah, 1.1's higher but it was supposedly a crappy draft with no difference makers in the top 10 per some analysts.

You have to wonder if Reids Tackle struggles towards the end of his Philly run are fueling some of this. This would definitely be a lot of investment in the line combined with the young interior and would leave us with a 3rd round backup tackle as well.

"Wonder"? There is no doubt under all of heaven and earth that Philly's disintegrating line brought this on.
Posted via Mobile Device

ptlyon 05-02-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9652219)
I hate when people post this gif, because I end up watching it no less than 10 times. It gets funnier the more you watch. I just don't know how you can get that excited about taking an offensive tackle, even if you think it's the right pick.

My friends dad had a saying that can help here.

"All the crazy people ain't locked up"

bevischief 05-02-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9652230)
My friends dad had a saying that can help here.

"All the crazy people ain't locked up"

LMAO

Sully 05-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9652181)
Why do people say you just don't draft a RT at 1.1 ? Money

Incorrect.
The pick itself is a commodity.

ceebz 05-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9652181)
Why do people say you just don't draft a RT at 1.1 ? Money

Money is not an issue with the new rookie salary cap.

Is it because they aren't protecting blind side. I'd like to see stats on sacks from each side of the line. I see far too many stunts and sacks coming from the RT side.

I say RT is just as important as LT. And we are now set !

Um, how about, RT just isn't an impact position?

RippedmyFlesh 05-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9652014)
Too many of Dion's sacks came uncontested for me. I think he'll be solid all the way around, but not a stud rusher. Basically Tamba...

The hate chief's fans have here sometimes for their own players is funny.
So now Hali is not a stud pass rusher?

mcaj22 05-02-2013 11:16 AM

ill take a player that's "basically Tamba Hali" over a RT at 1.1 overall any day 100 times out of 100

Mav 05-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9652387)
ill take a player that's "basically Tamba Hali" over a RT at 1.1 overall any day 100 times out of 100

Fair enough. Except, that he isnt basically Tamba Hali. He is a situational pass rusher, who didnt really stand out and only played 42 percent of his teams defensive plays. Tamba Hali coming out of college was an every down player, and was a beast. Hes much closer to being vernon gholston than Tamba Hali.......

Mike in SW-MO 05-02-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9652305)
Um, how about, RT just isn't an impact position?

How can you say that? Eric Einston made an impact at Right Tackle.

Mav 05-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9652489)
How can you say that? Eric Einston made an impact at Right Tackle.

agreed. Every position on the oline now is critical. We are in a passing league, and if you dont think that the oline is important. Then why did 8 offensive linemen go in the first round this year. Because its becoming painfully obvious about the has, and has nots on the oline.

Not commenting to you persay because you point was zeroed in, and accurate.

There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline, and just because its not the sexy pick, or the norm, doesnt mean it was the wrong pick.

Bowser 05-02-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9652504)
agreed. Every position on the oline now is critical. We are in a passing league, and if you dont think that the oline is important. Then why did 8 offensive linemen go in the first round this year. Because its becoming painfully obvious about the has, and has nots on the oline.

Not commenting to you persay because you point was zeroed in, and accurate.

There is nothing wrong with having a dominant oline, and just because its not the sexy pick, or the norm, doesnt mean it was the wrong pick.

What good is an All-World line if you don't have a playmaker at quarterback behind them?

Good o-lines really don't make average QB's better. QB's are defined by their play, good or bad.

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9652080)
Andy reid to be on SiriusXm nfl radio at 2 ET to talk draft and Branden Albert.

any updates