ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies so bad you couldn't even finish them (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273813)

Baby Lee 07-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9794217)
It's face...

That's what I get for referring to the script.

Quote:

VINCENT
C'mon, Marvin. Do you think God came
down from Heaven and stopped the
bullets?

Vincent's .45 goes BANG!

Marvin is hit in the upper chest, below the throat. He GURGLES
blood and SHAKES.

JULES
What the ****'s happening?

VINCENT
I just accidentally shot Marvin in
the throat.

JULES
Why the **** did you do that?

VINCENT
I didn't mean to do it. I said it
was an accident.

In58men 07-05-2013 10:09 PM

Lincoln and The Illusionist

Fish 07-05-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold (Post 9794133)
I couldn't make it through Bad Santa. Horrible, flaming pile of a movie. Another one that I can't say is terrible, but I couldn't make it through, is There Will Be Blood. I can see how it got critical acclaim, but it was like watching paint dry.

I liked There Will be Blood. But it was really really different than anything I'd seen before. They used little things like silence in the right places. Did you notice that there wasn't any talking at all during the first 15 minutes straight? No backdrop music, just the sounds of the action. Made it extra lonely. But I can see how some people might hate it.

ILChief 07-05-2013 10:54 PM

The Others
8mm
Eye of the beholder
The Grudge

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9793312)
****, did this with "The Campaign" tonight with Will Ferrel. It was a free DVR On-demand movie but after 15 minutes I switched to Saving Private Ryan.

And people bitch about films that kick them in the face with VFX from the first frame.

PS: Some movies take time to develop.

lewdog 07-06-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9794561)
And people bitch about films that kick them in the face with VFX from the first frame.

PS: Some movies take time to develop.

Please decipher this one all mighty one.

Should I have stuck with The Campaign? I was gathering from the start that VFX weren't going to be present and in a movie that poorly written and without visual effects, not much point sticking around.

BigBeauford 07-06-2013 06:34 PM

Just walked out of "The Heat". Putrid steaming pile of shit. McCarthy was probably batting about .100 on the jokes, and she forced one in every 10 seconds. Painful to watch, terrible editing. I don't remember seeing something that the critics got so wrong. Least funny "comedy" since Movie 43. Watch at your own risk.

SnakeXJones 07-07-2013 03:00 AM

Movie 43 ... What a terrible POS

Consistent1 07-07-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9794560)
The Others
8mm
Eye of the beholder
The Grudge

I agree on all but 8mm. Phoenix was awesome in that movie.

Rasputin 07-07-2013 05:05 AM

Did anyone like the movie "Avitar"?

It was on the other night, tried to watch but looked dumb. Watched ten minutes and didn't care for it.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9794560)
The Others
8mm
Eye of the beholder
The Grudge

The Others, IMO, was awesome. You didn't stick with it until the ending?

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9794825)
Please decipher this one all mighty one.

Should I have stuck with The Campaign? I was gathering from the start that VFX weren't going to be present and in a movie that poorly written and without visual effects, not much point sticking around.

No, I was referring to the fact that people bitch and complain about movies like Transformers for being all about visual effects, yet people bitch about movies without visual effects that rely on story and no visual effects.

Movies are so polarizing today that it becomes ever more difficult to produce a good film. Man of Steel is the perfect example. People either love it or hate it and generally for the same reasons.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9796183)
Did anyone like the movie "Avitar"?

It was on the other night, tried to watch but looked dumb. Watched ten minutes and didn't care for it.

No one liked "Avatar". It only grossed $2.8 billion dollars at the box office.

Baby Lee 07-07-2013 10:59 AM

I was seriously underwhelmed with Beasts of the Southern Wild. Watched the whole thing, and it isn't a total crap movie, but underwhelming is probably the best term.

Fire Me Boy! 07-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796464)
No one liked "Avatar". It only grossed $2.8 billion dollars at the box office.

Unless he's talking about Avatar: The Last Air Bender....