ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

patteeu 02-04-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9377051)
I went about it the other way...I focused on destruction magic and archery skills. I'm only just now going back and doing smithing so I can level up. Destruction archery and sneak are all above 90, but I'm only level 52.

In retrospect, that's probably a better, less exploitative way to play the game.

IMO, the enchanting/smithing/alchemy system breaks the game. You shouldn't be able to create more powerful gear than you can find unless there's also a limit on your ability to develop your combat skills if you focus on the craft skills (so that the super gear just compensates for low skill).

I think I'm level 61 with 100s in Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting, Lockpicking, 1-Hand, and Heavy Armor and 90+ in Archery, Light Armor, Speech, and Sneak. My perks were used primarily to improve 1-Hand, Smithing, and Enchanting. Getting up to the "Merchant" perk in Speech was useful.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9376753)
Have you ever tried playing an MMO?

No. I don't want to end up as one of those stories they use to condemn gaming. :D

htismaqe 02-04-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9377041)
I've got a couple hundred hours in the basic game now and I've decided that I probably played it wrong. I focused early on smithing, alchemy and enchanting. I ended up making better equipment for myself than anything I can find in the game. It really drained any suspense out of the battles when even the most powerful bad guys have trouble hurting me and die to a quick flurry of strikes or a couple of arrow hits.

I don't use enchants at all, only use alchemy for healing potions, and only level smithing in order to upgrade my weapons and armor.

I am also playing as a Nord "Hold Guard" so I only use hold guard armor (classified as light) and do not use anything "out of character" - no heavy armor, only "Nord" weapons like iron and steel (no ebony, elven, dead rid, or anything like that), no magic items or spells.

patteeu 02-04-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377276)
I don't use enchants at all, only use alchemy for healing potions, and only level smithing in order to upgrade my weapons and armor.

I am also playing as a Nord "Hold Guard" so I only use hold guard armor (classified as light) and do not use anything "out of character" - no heavy armor, only "Nord" weapons like iron and steel (no ebony, elven, dead rid, or anything like that), no magic items or spells.

That's pretty impressive.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9377326)
That's pretty impressive.

I am also playing on the highest difficulty level. I die once in a while. ;)

Frazod 02-04-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377276)

The problem with that is eventually you'll have to start using the "out of character" skills or you'll quit gaining experience points.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9377340)
The problem with that is eventually you'll have to start using the "out of character" skills or you'll quit gaining experience points.

I'm level 52 now and the only "out of character" perks I have taken so far have been on the right side of the smithing tree (to get to dragon smithing).

I have perks in light armor, blocking, 1-handed, 2-handed, archery, and alchemy. Only blocking, light armor, and 1-handed are maxed at 100.

I have plenty of room to grow in 2-handed, archery, alchemy, lockpicking, and speechcraft before I have to do anything "out of character".

patteeu 02-04-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9377340)

Yeah, I initially tried to only used one-handed combat with very little archery or sneak, but after I maxed out in one-hand and heavy armor, I decided to switch to sneak, light armor, and archery to keep earning XP.

I admire the way htismaqe is approaching the game though. I wish I'd have made some ground rules for myself like that, although I woudn't have gone as far as he did. I probably should have sworn off enchanting altogether. That alone would have probably made a pretty big difference.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9377368)
Yeah, I initially tried to only used one-handed combat with very little archery or sneak, but after I maxed out in one-hand and heavy armor, I decided to switch to sneak, light armor, and archery to keep earning XP.

I admire the way htismaqe is approaching the game though. I wish I'd have made some ground rules for myself like that, although I woudn't have gone as far as he did. I probably should have sworn off enchanting altogether. That alone would have probably made a pretty big difference.

I look at it this way. I am missing out on the power of enchanting.

I also don't have to do ANY managing of soul gems or any of that recharging shit...

Frazod 02-04-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9377368)

Personally I think it's reeruned, but so what? If it works for him and he enjoys it, more power to him.

For me, games like this are all about advancing my character and getting the highest level skills/best equipment possible. As soon as I can't do that anymore, I lose interest quickly. Skyrim requires that you be flexible and have a well-rounded character to do that effectively, so I roll with it.

patteeu 02-04-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9377441)
Personally I think it's reeruned, but so what? If it works for him and he enjoys it, more power to him.

For me, games like this are all about advancing my character and getting the highest level skills/best equipment possible. As soon as I can't do that anymore, I lose interest quickly. Skyrim requires that you be flexible and have a well-rounded character to do that effectively, so I roll with it.

I don't play games like this much. It's been a decade since I last played an RPG all the way through (NWN 1). My initial approach was just like what you seem to be describing and it was a lot of fun to advance and see how good I could make my enchanted equipment, but eventually I got to the point where my battles with the bad guys were pretty ho hum because my gear was just too good.

I'm still playing and trying to find ways to keep it interesting though.

Fire Me Boy! 02-04-2013 05:46 PM

I just started a new character - complete mage. I'm not using any armor, and using only magic or bound weapons. It's been interesting - added a significant level of difficulty since I have no armor, especially early on.

The Franchise 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9378387)
I just started a new character - complete mage. I'm not using any armor, and using only magic or bound weapons. It's been interesting - added a significant level of difficulty since I have no armor, especially early on.

I take it that you do a lot of running away.

Fire Me Boy! 02-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9378393)
I take it that you do a lot of running away.

No, but I've done a lot of dying! ROFL

The only time I've actually run away from something was at Shearpoint. Krosis flat kicked my ass.

Pants 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9377041)
I've got a couple hundred hours in the basic game now and I've decided that I probably played it wrong. I focused early on smithing, alchemy and enchanting. I ended up making better equipment for myself than anything I can find in the game. It really drained any suspense out of the battles when even the most powerful bad guys have trouble hurting me and die to a quick flurry of strikes or a couple of arrow hits.

Welcome to Bethesda games.

RustShack 02-04-2013 10:26 PM

It got a lot less fun after I got dragon armor. Hopefully I get back into these expansions.

Fire Me Boy! 02-05-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9379036)
It got a lot less fun after I got dragon armor. Hopefully I get back into these expansions.

Play a mage wearing only robes, gloves, and boots...

Sorter 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

I'm thinking of starting over soon.

RustShack 02-11-2013 11:59 AM

Dragonborn tomorrow!

htismaqe 02-12-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9393719)
Dragonborn tomorrow!

Make sure you download ASAP.

Sony is "apologizing" for the delay by offering all DLC at half price...

FOR A WEEK.

Weak.

RustShack 02-12-2013 01:32 PM

It's not there... >:(

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9396616)

ROFL

Of course not.

What about the 1.8 patch?

Fire Me Boy! 02-12-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9396616)

I've had it for a month and beat it...

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9396640)
I've had it for a month and beat it...

And you paid a premium for it too, M$ fanboi. :D

RustShack 02-12-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396638)
ROFL

Of course not.

What about the 1.8 patch?

Yeah I downloaded that. It now says downloadable content, but there's nothing there yet or in the PSN store.

bsp4444 02-12-2013 04:26 PM

I'll be looking for Dragonborn when I get home.

RustShack 02-12-2013 04:53 PM

Still not there.

RustShack 02-12-2013 06:43 PM

After about 30 ****ing minutes of trying to get my debt or credit card to work it's finally downloading!!! I had to look at my information online because for some reason the bank had my old area code with my new address.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9397594)
After about 30 ****ing minutes of trying to get my debt or credit card to work it's finally downloading!!! I had to look at my information online because for some reason the bank had my old area code with my new address.

I had my wife pick up a pre-paid card today so thankfully, I won't have to deal with all of that.

Pants 02-12-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396652)
And you paid a premium for it too, M$ fanboi. :D

13 cents a day, man. Totally worth it. :evil:

RustShack 02-12-2013 10:34 PM

And I'm sucked back in again

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9398541)
13 cents a day, man. Totally worth it. :evil:

Here's a novel concept - I paid Netflix already and can watch Netflix WITHOUT paying Sony too! :thumb:

bsp4444 02-13-2013 02:17 PM

Well, I downloaded it, but have not had a chance to view it, yet.

Fire Me Boy! 02-13-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399097)
Here's a novel concept - I paid Netflix already and can watch Netflix WITHOUT paying Sony too! :thumb:

So can I, right from my DVD player. Amazon Prime streaming too.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9400482)
So can I, right from my DVD player. Amazon Prime streaming too.

So you have 2 devices to do what my one can do.

You paid EXTRA.

TWICE.

:evil:

Fire Me Boy! 02-13-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9400622)
So you have 2 devices to do what my one can do.

You paid EXTRA.

TWICE.

:evil:

I had a PlayStation 3. It sucked.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9400671)
I had a PlayStation 3. It sucked.

I had a 360 since launch. Great system but not really any better (or worse) than the PS3. At that point, the only real differentiator is online play - I don't play online.

I just got tired of getting gouged by M$. I don't play online so them continuing to shove an online membership down my throat as the ONLY way to get certain services became a matter of principle at some point.

Fire Me Boy! 02-13-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9400691)
I had a 360 since launch. Great system but not really any better (or worse) than the PS3. At that point, the only real differentiator is online play - I don't play online.

I just got tired of getting gouged by M$. I don't play online so them continuing to shove an online membership down my throat as the ONLY way to get certain services became a matter of principle at some point.

My biggest complaint about PS3 was game selection. Also didn't like controllers. I don't care about online play either, so I don't subscribe...

htismaqe 02-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9400736)
My biggest complaint about PS3 was game selection. Also didn't like controllers. I don't care about online play either, so I don't subscribe...

Well, again, you can't use Netflix, or Hulu, or ESPN, or anything else, if you don't subscribe. For you, that's not a big deal because you have another device to do that. For me, in my setup, I need an all-in-one device.

And as I found out, there's certain couch coop games that you can't play with the person SITTING NEXT TO YOU, if you don't BOTH subscribe.

I've completely adjusted to the PS3 controller - it's a non-issue.

Add in the fact that Microsoft gave me the run-around on my kids' Live accounts for over 3 months (it took 30 seconds to make the same changes to their PSN accounts) and another 3 months to cancel their accounts after I had decided I had had enough, I won't buy another Microsoft product ever again.

RustShack 02-13-2013 08:13 PM

The only edge Xbox had for me was most of my friends had that instead. Now that more people are switching to the superior system, PS3 easy.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9401149)
The only edge Xbox had for me was most of my friends had that instead. Now that more people are switching to the superior system, PS3 easy.

Yeah, I didn't play online, even with friends. And using the XBox for IM? ROFL

RustShack 02-14-2013 12:16 AM

I only played games like Halo and COD, and it was more fun on teams with your friends wearing headsets if we weren't in the same house. Skyrim is the first game I've gotten into by myself since like Madden 05(and all the previous ones). Oh but I did buy 2K13 last week that I also play by myself. I just prefer the PS3.

bsp4444 02-15-2013 09:38 AM

Played about 30 minutes of Dragonborn. Liked it. It's nice to see some different terrain.

RustShack 02-15-2013 01:10 PM

I got a shit ton of gold from a cave last night. Like thousands in one cave.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9404977)
Played about 30 minutes of Dragonborn. Liked it. It's nice to see some different terrain.

Screenshtos, por favor.

RustShack 02-19-2013 04:11 PM

I've done everything on Dragonborn.. Does the next one come out tonight?

htismaqe 02-19-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9416175)
I've done everything on Dragonborn.. Does the next one come out tonight?

Yes. Unfortunately, tonight's is Hearthfire...

Fire Me Boy! 02-19-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9416250)
Yes. Unfortunately, tonight's is Hearthfire...

There are some things in Hearthfire that are pretty cool. If you do much alchemy, you can grow a pretty extensive garden for ingredients...

htismaqe 02-19-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9416285)
There are some things in Hearthfire that are pretty cool. If you do much alchemy, you can grow a pretty extensive garden for ingredients...

You can also build a house in the 3 marches that didn't have a house in them.

You can also adopt kids and stuff.

But as far as I can tell, there's no actual new awesome quest content like in Dragonborn and Dawnguard.

It looks like "The Sims" for Skyrim.

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9416285)

I don't guess you're playing on PC?

RustShack 02-19-2013 05:57 PM

I just found the Bards college... Pretty sure this is like the only thing in the game I hadn't done yet.

RustShack 02-21-2013 11:18 PM

I ended up spending the $2.49 for Hearthfire. My house is pretty legit. And I adopted a little boy and girl. Damn slut wanted some money her first night in the house. The boy told me I could take what I wanted out of his chest... he just has bugs and plants and shit in there.

Damn kids.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9424567)
I ended up spending the $2.49 for Hearthfire. My house is pretty legit. And I adopted a little boy and girl. Damn slut wanted some money her first night in the house. The boy told me I could take what I wanted out of his chest... he just has bugs and plants and shit in there.

Damn kids.

ROFL

Fish 02-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9424567)

Damn kids.

Most people play games to get away from that kind of bullshit....

whoman69 03-24-2013 08:09 AM

I finally was able to get my new computer and play Skyrim. I must say I like a lot of things about it compared to Oblivion. There are a heck of a lot more side quests and things to do, a lot more places to find. I do find not a lot of variety in the caves and mines.

I am a 30th level male Breton who is mostly concentrating on one hand, smithing, and destruction

hometeam 03-24-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9525275)
I finally was able to get my new computer and play Skyrim. I must say I like a lot of things about it compared to Oblivion. There are a heck of a lot more side quests and things to do, a lot more places to find. I do find not a lot of variety in the caves and mines.

I am a 30th level male Breton who is mostly concentrating on one hand, smithing, and destruction

If you haven't yet, register your game with steam, makes it super easy to download/install/update mods and can really increase the playability/scope of the game

whoman69 03-24-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9525409)
If you haven't yet, register your game with steam, makes it super easy to download/install/update mods and can really increase the playability/scope of the game

Bought it from steam

Fish 03-25-2013 09:37 AM

Been doing another run through of this game myself. Got a mean green Orc Warrior this time. No Magic. War axes and maces only. I'm trying to do the majority of the side quests this time, since I flew through the game too quickly last time.

Doing a bunch of Dark Brotherhood assassinations right now. I'd forgotten how much fun that is...

Fire Me Boy! 03-25-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9528201)
Been doing another run through of this game myself. Got a mean green Orc Warrior this time. No Magic. War axes and maces only. I'm trying to do the majority of the side quests this time, since I flew through the game too quickly last time.

Doing a bunch of Dark Brotherhood assassinations right now. I'd forgotten how much fun that is...

I recently started with Nord to play the Stormcloak quest line. Heavy armor, two-handed hammer, no magic, run-in-guns-ablazin' character. And I'm not being greedy this time around and picking through every random urn - bodies and chests only. That makes cave diving and ruin exploring a lot faster...

Beef Supreme 03-25-2013 01:29 PM

I absolute love the worlds that Bethesda creates, Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3, etc...but their combat mechanics suck.

Fish 03-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9528208)
I recently started with Nord to play the Stormcloak quest line. Heavy armor, two-handed hammer, no magic, run-in-guns-ablazin' character. And I'm not being greedy this time around and picking through every random urn - bodies and chests only. That makes cave diving and ruin exploring a lot faster...

I'm finding my second run through much much more enjoyable. Like you, more exploring and less opening every chest, urn, pile, stash, dead body, etc. I'm putting much more resources into Smithing and Enchanting too, and making weapons much better than any I can find in a fight. I'm taking my time, doing all the side quests I want, and focusing my points into specific areas.

Last run through was a constant battle of having enough mana and magic potions to throw fireballs at everything that moved. And while that was fun, it required shitloads of work to battle the way I wanted. This time I'm keeping it simple. Violent hack and slash.

I'm doing a lot more exploring as well. I can't believe the amount of stuff I missed the first time.

whoman69 04-04-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9416622)
I just found the Bards college... Pretty sure this is like the only thing in the game I hadn't done yet.

Totally underwhelming. Only one real quest and a few side quests. No ability to play instruments, no progression. The player is essentially a gopher.

whoman69 04-04-2013 08:15 AM

The gopher aspect of this game is probably its biggest weakness. In Oblivion you had to do a bit of investigation to find the location the quest would take you. In this game the quest giver just marks the location on your map and its up to you to find it. Its also very difficult to find the path to some locations, even with clairvoyance, especially for dragon roosts.

patteeu 04-04-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9555681)
The gopher aspect of this game is probably its biggest weakness. In Oblivion you had to do a bit of investigation to find the location the quest would take you. In this game the quest giver just marks the location on your map and its up to you to find it. Its also very difficult to find the path to some locations, even with clairvoyance, especially for dragon roosts.

It's pretty easy on horseback. Just ride up the side of the mountain.

WhiteWhale 04-04-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9555681)

You never played Morrowind apparently.

Also, I'm pretty sure Oblivion marked the map in the exact same way.

whoman69 04-04-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9555707)
You never played Morrowind apparently.

Also, I'm pretty sure Oblivion marked the map in the exact same way.

Not quite. Generally you needed a bit of investigation to find out where the quest would end up. And they weren't all just dungeon diving.

Swanman 04-05-2013 07:17 AM

I am trying to get back into the game and the ****ing thing keeps freezing on the PS3. One one particular side mission it has frozen 4 times. I may try playing on my slim PS3 and see if it works better.

patteeu 04-05-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9558594)
I am trying to get back into the game and the ****ing thing keeps freezing on the PS3. One one particular side mission it has frozen 4 times. I may try playing on my slim PS3 and see if it works better.

Is it the one where you have to go on something like an acid trip?

Swanman 04-05-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9558649)
Is it the one where you have to go on something like an acid trip?

Good memory, sir. I think it's called the Nightcaller chapel and you drink this potion where you go into a dream state to get to a certain point in the chapel.

WhiteWhale 04-05-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9558265)
Not quite. Generally you needed a bit of investigation to find out where the quest would end up. And they weren't all just dungeon diving.

If you're going to say that Oblivion was less redundant, then I just don't agree at all.

All ES games are redundant, and Oblivion was the most redundant of the three I've played.

Also, FWIW, I hate walking around trying to find locations on the map. I hated it in morrowind and I love the map markers.

Swanman 04-05-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9558654)
Good memory, sir. I think it's called the Nightcaller chapel and you drink this potion where you go into a dream state to get to a certain point in the chapel.

I just looked it up. If you try to save inside of the temple after you drink the potion, the game will freeze so you exit the temple and save and it should work ok. I ****ing hate goofy glitches like that.

patteeu 04-05-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9558654)

If you're on PC, there's a workaround that involves rapidly saving at just the right moment and then reloading. I'll try to find it.

Edit: I see you're on PS3 and that you've found a fix.

bsp4444 04-05-2013 08:50 AM

I never got the Nightcaller Temple thing to work. I've seen "fixes" where youuse a platter to trick the game into going through a wall, or something, but I could never get it to work.

Frazod 04-05-2013 08:53 AM

The main problem I have is with Dawnguard. I've never been able to transform into the vampire lord, so that entire quest line is unavailable for me. But the last time I tried to play as a straight vampire hunter, I encountered some glitch that made one of the main quest characters endlessly fight everybody. It was maddening.

whoman69 04-05-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9558658)
If you're going to say that Oblivion was less redundant, then I just don't agree at all.

All ES games are redundant, and Oblivion was the most redundant of the three I've played.

Also, FWIW, I hate walking around trying to find locations on the map. I hated it in morrowind and I love the map markers.

Not saying its less redundant. I'm just saying you don't have to do any work to finish the quest. The quest giver in Skyrim almost always tells you exactly where to go. They made it to simple. Get the mission, go dungeon diving to get the goal, bring item back to quest giver. Rinse, repeat. There was a certain amount of that even in Oblivion, but you had to do some investigation to finish the quest. Oblivion also didn't have an arrow over the quest item.

Fire Me Boy! 04-08-2013 10:37 AM

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/08/s...es/#more-22071

Quote:

Skyrim 1.9 Update on Consoles

Beginning today Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players will have access to Skyrim’s 1.9 title updates by way of an automatic title update. Just be sure to have your console connected online to receive the title update.

In addition to adding Legendary Skills and the new Legendary difficult setting, the update adds a number of bug fixes. Full details below…

Skyrim 1.9

NEW FEATURES
  • Legendary difficulty setting
  • Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

whoman69 04-14-2013 08:45 AM

Just downloaded Dragonborn. Have to say I'm liking it so far. I never really bought into the werewolf/vampire thing so Dawnguard will be the last official DLC I load. Anybody have suggestions on good quest mods?

Sorter 05-08-2013 08:59 AM

Anyone use the construction kit?

buddha 05-08-2013 09:29 AM

My kids use the construction kit and seem to enjoy it. They also dig Minecraft as well, so take it for what its worth.

Can somebody explain why I would want to have one of my 100 skill areas returned to 15 and start working up in that area again? What is the advantage?

patteeu 05-08-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9667605)
My kids use the construction kit and seem to enjoy it. They also dig Minecraft as well, so take it for what its worth.

Can somebody explain why I would want to have one of my 100 skill areas returned to 15 and start working up in that area again? What is the advantage?

The only advantage I can think of is that it lets you get your overall level up over 80 or whatever it maxes out at in the original game.