ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** The official Chiefs vs. Denver football game thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279073)

-King- 12-01-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10240924)
He didn't suck. Far from it.

Suck is strong. But not being great or even very good. He made the same excuses about Gabberts WRs that we're making about Smith.

Smith had some great deep passes that were dropped today. I cannot blame him at all for what happened today.

MeatRock 12-01-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10240923)
Every QB has dropped passes. Did you ever stop to think that he picked up about 50 yards on great catches on the final drive? His ball placement really hurt the team on the screen to Jenkins as well. This shit doesn't occur in a vacuum, yet the same excuses are trotted out regardless of situation.

Avery was terribad this game, there is no doubt, but you seem intellectually incapable of actually looking at the entirety of the game.

You can't be ****ing serious? LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-01-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10240910)
No different than you blaming the WRs for Gabbert sucking at Mizzou.

There is a difference, you're just too tied into binaristic thinking to understand it.

Option 1) Receivers do nothing but make terrible plays and can't get open
Option 2) Receivers catch everything thrown at them and physically overpower CBs with size and speed
Option 3) Receivers make some really great plays and some ****ing awful plays. For every terrible Avery drop, there was a Jenkins backwards leap on a moonball or a McCluster dive over the middle.

Again though, nuance, the enemy of ChiefsPlanet.

notorious 12-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10240934)
I dont have much argument for this. I really really want us to be better than Denver but all season has told everyone this isn't true.

Manning is on record pace and he hasn't played just us.

The rest of the season will show what we really are. An ascending team or a flash in the pan.

Trust me, if our "want" won championships we would never lose a game.

It's weird, but I am kind of glad that reality has punched us in the face. It either forces improvement, or it takes out the trash.

Easy 6 12-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileHighFish (Post 10240898)
I will Tebow for you before bed tonight...

Hey bro! glad the refs were on your side tonight, take your weiner... i mean win, and shove it up your ass.

The NFL is rigged, congrats... who knew?

FloridaMan88 12-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10240923)
Every QB has dropped passes. Did you ever stop to think that he picked up about 50 yards on great catches on the final drive? His ball placement really hurt the team on the screen to Jenkins as well. This shit doesn't occur in a vacuum, yet the same excuses are trotted out regardless of situation.

Avery was terribad this game, there is no doubt, but you seem intellectually incapable of actually looking at the entirety of the game.

How many yards did Manning pick-up on great catches during the game by his WR's.

At least 50 as well.

The difference is Denver's WR's didn't drop anything, while Alex Smith had good throw after good throw dropped by Avery (mostly) and Fasano.

DeezNutz 12-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10240942)
Suck is strong. But not being great or even very good. He made the same excuses about Gabberts WRs that we're making about Smith.

Smith had some great deep passes that were dropped today. I cannot blame him at all for what happened today.

I don't blame him, either. The third-down pass out of the end zone showed quite a bit.

Avery was consistently disastrous, but I didn't get to see the first INT.

TEX 12-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceyBronco916 (Post 10240868)
After what I have read I have to agree the refs missed A TON of calls on both teams, and the grounding call on Smith was a horrible call, he was like 2 steps out of the pocket! I'm glad we won, but at least make it fair!! There were bad calls on both teams. I agree with what most of you guys have already said :)

THAT grounding call was HUGE. It prevented KC from any legit shot at scoring right before half to go up again by two scores. It was absolutely horrible. So was the non hold on the guy Bowe ran by on the last play for KC. Dude got a hand full of jersey. Anyway, it is what it is. Bad calls are part of the game. K. C should have done more to make them not matter.

InChiefsHeaven 12-01-2013 07:17 PM

**** it . I've had a few minutes to calm down. We are what we are. A team CAPABLE of beating the best, but coming up short. There wasn't a Donk fan on the planet that wasn't freaking out on this game. We CAN do it. Will we? Who knows. But nobody is going to count the Chiefs out after this one. Including my sorry ass.

GO CHIEFS!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10240941)
JFC dude you must be an engineer.

In that I actually use data to come to conclusions rather than "All Good Alex Greatest EV4R!!" or "Bad Smith pass worst EV4R!!"

Then sure.

I'm not saying Smith was the reason the team lost. I'm saying that laying it all at the feet of the receivers, giving them no credit and all blame, is comically inaccurate, and not the least bit ironic, given that you were watching the mother****ing game.

King_Chief_Fan 12-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceyBronco916 (Post 10240916)
Sorry good sir if I have offended you, I understand tempers are high after that game. Be glad your team is an elite team and a true contender, I do not want to play you guys in the playoffs!!! If we have to play the Chiefs in the playoffs I think I am going to pull all of my hair off!!! Or go gray. Sorry if I offended you, my main purpose of coming on this board is to congratulate the Chiefs on an outstanding game! because Alex Smith did not look like Alex Smith, he looked like Drew Brees mixed with Tom Brady, Alex Smith is a good QB.

Ok...no offense. New donkey fans usually come here sounding condescending...
you are right we have some tempers. 3 losses in a row do that

Easy 6 12-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10240937)
Pass out Hamas, just do it

Now now, the professor is here to school us, see, it actually WAS Smiths fault, you commoners just don't know how to contextualize...

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10240954)
How many yards did Manning pick-up on great catches during the game by his WR's.

At least 50 as well.

The difference is Denver's WR's didn't drop anything, while Alex Smith had good throw after good throw dropped by Avery (mostly) and Fasano.

He caught the short end of the stick overall, but it's not like he wasn't the beneficiary of some really nice catches as well.

Sorry if the facts actually complicate the narrative, though.

Chief Pote 12-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10240921)
He's #1 in yards and #11 in average. He's doing his job better than the majority of returners.

Maybe if I added up his punt return yards and his receiving yards I'd have a different opinion. When I yell at the TV he does not run faster like I've asked. :D

Marcellus 12-01-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10240954)

At least 50 as well.

Anyone watching the game with no bias would think this was the determining factor.