ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread************* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178248)

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Hrmm..so Jerry Jones is looking to pick up a slow 6'4" running back that passes sometimes...nice. That'll work well for the 'Boys.

Better look over your shoulder Romo, Tebow's on the way. I really like the fact Jones likes Tebow, they should really consider drafting him..with their first pick here in a couple years.

I like how having the 2nd highest passer efficiency rating in college football, throwing for more than 3,000 yards and 30TDs is passing sometimes. LMAO He still has 2 more years to get even better!

the Talking Can 01-07-2008 10:40 PM

so, will there be a 10yr ban on OSU playing in the BCS?

Sam Hall 01-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Tim Tebow CAN believe it's not butter!

Bo Pelini can't believe his team might finish in fourth place next season.

Skip Towne 01-07-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
He has to WIN that job, Mitch Mustain is with USC now also...either way I'm more confident in either one of them than Booty, they can't be any worse.

Have you met Mustain's mother yet?

ClevelandBronco 01-07-2008 10:41 PM

There's the "over" for anyone who bet even at the peak of the book.

Mecca 01-07-2008 10:41 PM

We'd basically have to take 2 teams from the WAC...I'm not sure how many of those teams would even want to be in the Pac 10 where they likely couldn't compete.

ND is never gonna stop being an independent so the Big 10 would get some garbage school I don't even know off hand who they could grab.

Mecca 01-07-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Have you met Mustain's mother yet?

Pete Carroll isn't Houston Nutt.....so I doubt we'll have those problems. Nutt basically lied to those Springdale kids about the offense they were going to be running and all sorts of things. Notice that coach and all those players took off.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

I like how having the 2nd highest passer efficiency rating in college football, throwing for more than 3,000 yards and 30TDs is passing sometimes. LMAO He still has 2 more years to get even better!

That's not mentioning that when he graduated high school he broke the FL state all-time passing record. People who think the guy can't throw the ball are full of shit.

Spott 01-07-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Tebow scored twice in the NC game (pass & run). We also would not have beaten Tennessee without Tebow and he played a big role against LSU.

Leak was the starting QB the entire game/season and Tebow was a gimmick player last year. I'm pretty sure that UF would have beaten OSU without Tebow doing gimmick plays for them and I'm also fairly certain that UF could have converted that 4th and 1 against UT without Tebow.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 10:44 PM

Apparently being really angry isn't enough.

Wow.. 5 BCS Bowls, 4 blowouts.

And the only people who saw this coming were all the fans and media.

Coach 01-07-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
We'd basically have to take 2 teams from the WAC...I'm not sure how many of those teams would even want to be in the Pac 10 where they likely couldn't compete.

ND is never gonna stop being an independent so the Big 10 would get some garbage school I don't even know off hand who they could grab.

Possibly Fresno might join in. Either way, the prestige in the Pac 10 is greater than the WAC. There's always someone from the MWC.

As for the independent issue, I think the NCAA needs to get that toughened up and tell the independents to get on a real conference. As for the who the Big 10 would pick, there's Mid-American Conference, there's Conference of USA, etc.

Plenty of choices to choose from. More than likely, they will pick the best top 3 teams in their respective conferences.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott
Leak was the starting QB the entire game/season and Tebow was a gimmick player last year. I'm pretty sure that UF would have beaten OSU without Tebow doing gimmick plays for them and I'm also fairly certain that UF could have converted that 4th and 1 against UT without Tebow.

No doubt, but Tebow contributed throughout the entire season. To say otherwise is insane. He wasn't a guy who got a ring by riding the bench.

About Tennessee, I don't know. DeShawn Wynn probably would have just fumbled it.

Mecca 01-07-2008 10:47 PM

Yea let's get tough and watch everyone freak out that they are gonna make ND do something...there's still to many old media people that think ND is "it" to college football to try this without major backlash.

ND probably makes by themselves what whole conferences do since they get to do all their deals by themselves....no wonder they don't wanna be in a conference and share profits.

Coach 01-07-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Apparently being really angry isn't enough.

Wow.. 5 BCS Bowls, 4 blowouts.

And the only people who saw this coming were all the fans and media.

Hey, I was right about the Ohio State and Illinois games that they both were gonna get pounded. I was also leaning on WV over OU in a big way, since OU couldn't seem to stop a spread offense (See Texas Tech)

I was wrong about Hawaii. I expected them to performed better than that. They bombed me. That was my only blemish.

The KU/VT game was probably the most entertating game.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 10:49 PM

Congrats to OSU extending their streak to 0-9 against SEC teams in bowl games! :thumb: