ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

beach tribe 02-20-2013 05:53 PM

Weinke's really gonna look old this time around. If he hasn't fixed his footwork by now. It ain't happenin'.
yuk yuk

Fish 02-20-2013 05:57 PM

Geno says keep ****ing doubting.....

Quote:

Smith told KCSP in Kansas City with Danny and Carrington that not only is the characterization of this year’s quarterback class wrong, but that he thinks he’s could be the No. 1 pick.

“I don’t know why but I hear about people saying it’s a weak quarterback class, which is something that I don’t believe in because every quarterback is going to have to make a transition into the NFL one way or another. That’s all based on the individual,” Smith said. “My goal is to be picked No. 1 overall but at the same time, wherever I get picked I’m going to come in with the same mentality, same goals in mind, so I’m not really worried about what anyone says because everyone has an opinion.”

“People saying it’s a weak quarterback class or Geno Smith is hiding or he’s not a competitor, whatever questions there may be out there about me,” Smith said. “ I’m just going to do my best to go out there and showcase who I am because I have full confidence in my ability on and off the field, so why not do it at the combine?

“In my case, I made this decision and I told everyone that I’m tired of this speculation and I’m ready to go out there and try to end all of that.”

“I consider myself one of the best at what I do,” Smith said. “You talk about this class and there are some great guys out there, but my goal is to always separate myself from the rest of the group and my goal is to be the best wherever I am. Once I go to the next level I’m going to compete, going to work, and my goal is going to be to be the best in the NFL.

“I just want to make sure people know that I have a goal, I have ambitions and I’m going to work until I get there. I’m not a guy who is cocky or over the top with it, I’m a very humble guy, quiet and I keep to myself, but when it comes down to football, this is something that I love to do and quite honestly I want to be the best at it.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...31--ncaaf.html

milkman 02-20-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9419897)
Is that what I said, you ****ing piece of garbage?

YOU didn't specify "Prospect". Did you? No.

So, shut the **** up.

Remember guys, whenever you post anything be certain to be very, very spefic with your words.

Intent is far to difficult for simple minds to discern.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9419986)
Barkley isn't gonna throw at the combine...and Dysert injured his hamstring while working out.

Yeah, and I was disappointed with the fact that Barkley wasn't throwing.

Now we're left with just a single throwing session.

BossChief 02-20-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9420015)
Remember guys, whenever you post anything be certain to be very, very spefic with your words.

ROFL

That's gonna leave a mark.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9420004)
Geno says keep ****ing doubting.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...31--ncaaf.html

That is so the right answer.

I was bummed out that he wasn't going to throw at the combine because it seemed passive to me.

His actions and just as importantly, his words, show otherwise. If he went out there and threw but said nothing, that would mean something, but it could also just be his representation putting him up to it.

But to go on the radio and say "look, I'm tired of this class and by extension me getting knocked, I know I'm a badass and I'm going to prove it"...man that's the kind of swagger I desperately want in my QBs.

None of this howdy doody 'try hard' bullshit I get out of Cassel. I want my QB to believe he's a stud.

Fish 02-20-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9420028)

I was bummed out that he wasn't going to throw at the combine because it seemed passive to me.

His actions and just as importantly, his words, show otherwise. If he went out there and threw but said nothing, that would mean something, but it could also just be his representation putting him up to it.

But to go on the radio and say "look, I'm tired of this class and by extension me getting knocked, I know I'm a badass and I'm going to prove it"...man that's the kind of swagger I desperately want in my QBs.

None of this howdy doody 'try hard' bullshit I get out of Cassel. I want my QB to believe he's a stud.

Yup. The more I hear from him, the smarter he sounds.

Titty Meat 02-20-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9420028)

Its a little fougazi when he sits there on Twitter and rambles about his critics then goes out and plays like shit vs Syracuse though.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2013 06:10 PM

Geno's confidence bodes well. Doesn't sound like a guy who's nervous or uncertain about the task that lies ahead.

This dawg 'bout to hunt.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9420034)
Its a little fougazi when he sits there on Twitter and rambles about his critics then goes out and plays like shit vs Syracuse though.

Being cocky doesn't mean you'll be good.

Being a pussy almost certainly means you won't be.

It's a litmus test question and one that he passed. The rest of it is stuff we'll have to learn as we go, but getting "is he a pussy" crossed off before the combine even begins is a nice start.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2013 06:14 PM

Pros: is not a pussy.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419945)
Personally, the Combine, Pro Days, + Senior Bowl shouldn't radically alter how one views a prospect (without knowledge as to interviews, etc.) The majority of one's opinion should be primarily based on film available/personal viewings of a prospect.

JMHO though.

I'd say that under normal circumstances, that's true. But this year, Dorsey has already said that the Chiefs need The Combine and days set up at Arrowhead in order to determine the best QB of this class.

I don't think this is like any other year. Of course, I'm in the vocal minority, but I don't give a ****.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9420015)

Yeah, because suddenly, I'm stupid.

But let me say this: The other 11,500 members of Chiefsplanet should be eternally grateful that you and a handful of others identified the Chiefs #1 overall draft picks MONTHS before the Chiefs. Hell, you guys have identified the best QB LONG before any one else had identified him.

You deserve a medal for your bravery.

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9419942)
Another Dane bleed out session I see.... how surprising...

Excuse me? Please explain how I'm "bleeding out".

Thanks in advance.

patteeu 02-20-2013 06:52 PM

The Geno mafia has sure turned the Lounge into a cesspool. I'm going back to DC for a few hours to get a breath of fresh air. But don't worry, I'll be back for another installment of delusional expertise and fake claims of watching extensive film

P.S. Kudos to Dane for being a voice of reason.