ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Pablo 12-31-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10324054)
huh? I like something others don't. That makes me a douche?

Go **** yourself.

You're a douche and you know why.

Don't act like it hasn't been well documented.

Pablo 12-31-2013 02:27 PM

Tharpe's play last night was inspiring. If he can be that or close to that the rest of the year, then this team is going to go deep in the tourney.

Ellis won't be denied, and everyone seemed to have a pretty solid night offensively.

Defensively - the effort we've shown up to this point won't cut it in heated B12 games. It just won't. I'm hoping HCBS will do what he always does and get these guys to gel on the defensive end; or all that offensive talent and promise may be for naught.

Bearcat 12-31-2013 02:30 PM

Uh, yeah, it's pretty douchey to keep bringing it up. I have TWC and know it's a pretty crappy deal... the exclusive stuff on otherwise worthless channels like Metro Sports and NFLN sucks, especially when it excludes local fans. Anyone should be able to see that, even if you otherwise wouldn't get to see the games.

Bambi 12-31-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10324395)
It came off as you rubbing it into other's faces, bro.

It's great for those who have cable, but it does screw a lot of people in the metro over.

I love the channel and the coverage as well, but I'd rather everyone else had access to it too.

And it's not constantly brought up that it's a problem by people on this board?

It goes both ways. Some of us love the move by the university. I for one being one of them.

Bambi 12-31-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10324494)
Yup. Every time I, as a local, get ****ed out of watching the game live, this guy is in here proclaiming the greatness of the deal. It's irritating beyond belief. At least it will be another few months before we have to worry about it.

I count 5 posts before I stopped keeping track about people complaining about not getting the game.

So yea, I'll proclaim…specifically to you…….

It's a great deal.

Bearcat 12-31-2013 03:09 PM

So, it would still be a great deal if it was exclusive to DirecTV or Comcast, or if you lived in the KC area and either didn't have TWC or didn't even have access to it?

Bambi 12-31-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10324609)
So, it would still be a great deal if it was exclusive to DirecTV or Comcast, or if you lived in the KC area and either didn't have TWC or didn't even have access to it?

It's not focused on the local area. It has always been intended to provide greater national coverage of Kansas and to pave the way for the future of internet sports streaming.

The expanded coverage across the country has been enormous and is setting the foundation for continued growth not only men's basketball and football but for all of KU sports.

If certain local people lose access for a couple bball games and one football game if it means recruiting and exposure for all sports is increased everywhere then of course it's a good move.

I want players to want to come to Kansas that can win. Very few of them are "locals". That's unfortunately what it takes.

sedated 12-31-2013 04:18 PM

I think we just found out that Sheahon Zenger has a ChiefsPlanet account.

Mr. Plow 12-31-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10324517)
Uh, yeah, it's pretty douchey to keep bringing it up.

Is it ok if we still rub it in Prison Bitch's face?

BWillie 12-31-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10324616)
It's not focused on the local area. It has always been intended to provide greater national coverage of Kansas and to pave the way for the future of internet sports streaming.

The expanded coverage across the country has been enormous and is setting the foundation for continued growth not only men's basketball and football but for all of KU sports.

If certain local people lose access for a couple bball games and one football game if it means recruiting and exposure for all sports is increased everywhere then of course it's a good move.

I want players to want to come to Kansas that can win. Very few of them are "locals". That's unfortunately what it takes.

You think 16 year old 5 star kids are firing up their laptop, going to ESPN3 and watching Kansas play Toledo?

Buck 01-01-2014 10:13 PM

San Diego State is playing pretty good ball right now. Will be a fun matchup on Sunday. Good luck.

Prison Bitch 01-01-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10324841)
Is it ok if we still rub it in Prison Bitch's face?

Why, I've seen every game. Including the one on AXS where I got to mock the tools with TW who couldn't, lol

Imon Yourside 01-01-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10324853)
You think 16 year old 5 star kids are firing up their laptop, going to ESPN3 and watching Kansas play Toledo?

They had better be!

Silock 01-01-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10324592)
I count 5 posts before I stopped keeping track about people complaining about not getting the game.

So yea, I'll proclaim…specifically to you…….

It's a great deal.

So, you understand that you're being a ****ing dick, right? I mean, if that's how you want to roll, then by all means, roll that way. But most people like to be decent human beings now and then, even on a message board.

Bambi 01-01-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10327497)
So, you understand that you're being a ****ing dick, right? I mean, if that's how you want to roll, then by all means, roll that way. But most people like to be decent human beings now and then, even on a message board.

You're missing the point. But whatever. Keep complaining about the university looking to the future. It's so fun to have the thread flooded with them every time KU plays a game.