ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Silock 01-01-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10327506)
You're missing the point. But whatever. Keep complaining about the university looking to the future. It's so fun to have the thread flooded with them every time KU plays a game.

No, YOU are missing the point. It's just not cool to constantly brag about what you HAVE when others DO NOT. That's a basic rule of common decency that you have somehow managed to ignore completely.

It's fine for the university to look to the future, but it's ****ing naive to think that they couldn't have also worked out a deal that includes the metro area and still gives the benefit of national coverage to the 5 other people that care.

saphojunkie 01-02-2014 12:23 AM

Dude all of you just shut the **** up.

Kiimo 01-02-2014 06:42 PM

Man sapho that worked for like a day and a half!

Chiefs Pantalones 01-02-2014 07:25 PM

Bill Self hinted today that Embiid might stay another year. He said the typical "it's whatever is best for Joel" bs then at the end said Joel's family is well off with money. He said Joel has told him that he still has a lot to learn about life/America before he goes to the next level.

Pants 01-02-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10329248)
Bill Self hinted today that Embiid might stay another year. He said the typical "it's whatever is best for Joel" bs then at the end said Joel's family is well off with money. He said Joel has told him that he still has a lot to learn about life/America before he goes to the next level.

I had a feeler about this!

Reerun_KC 01-02-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10329250)
I had a feeler about this!

In your pants?

Silock 01-02-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Jesus Christ.

Embiid + Cliff + Ellis = Interior DOMINATION

We would be soooo sick if Selden stays, too. I don't know how you wouldn't win a NC with that squad. It would be like MKG and AD's UK team.

Pablo 01-02-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

*Sigh*

I don't even want to hear/read things like this.

False hope.

CoMoChief 01-02-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10329365)
*Sigh*

I don't even want to hear/read things like this.

False hope.

Well there could be something to this..

If this isn't a guy that necessarily needs the NBA money right now, then the financial motive isn't there, esp if he knows the money will be there the following year, and possibly more assuming he's the #1 overall pick. I don't think he would be the #1 overall pick this season unless he starts logging 25/15 per game.

He's only been playing for a couple years. Thats ****ing insane. But that also meas he has A TON to learn about the game, and what better place is there to do that? NBA lifestyle is also different. Being on the road all the time, all the time, fame, freedom, money for an 18-19yr old in the US?

A lot of former KU guys (current or former NBA guys) come back over the course of the season, many of them are mentors, have each others cell numbers etc. Embiid is going to learn a lot about the differences and he'll make the decision whether or not he's ready for the real outside world as a celeb/pro athlete. And that's not really even touching on his game/development.

Pants 01-02-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10329323)
In your pants?

No doubt.

It's still there. :)

DJJasonp 01-02-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10327377)
San Diego State is playing pretty good ball right now. Will be a fun matchup on Sunday. Good luck.

I was at the aztec game the other night when they played that church-league team from Encinitas (about 150 is the TOTAL student body).

And yes - the "college" is in a strip mall!

I think KU is going to dominate in the paint. The only thing I'm worried about is Thames and SDSU's guard play.

Our guards have to play good, pressure D on state's guards....or they'll be able to keep it close.

I root for the aztecs for my wife (a state grad).......but not Sunday.

If they should somehow win...... I wont be able to show my face, will have to deactivate my facebook, etc etc.

the egotistical hawk fan in me thinks the aztecs are nowhere near the Big 12 level of bb.

but I also know that on any given day.....

I also know that Fisher lets his kids do their thing.......which sometimes is great (versus Arizona).....and sometimes horrible (Syracuse last year).

Should be fun

Kiimo 01-03-2014 11:25 AM

Folks if Embiid is projected top three in the draft, which he is, then he'd be making a terrible decision to stay. I have written him off to the NBA long ago.

That said if he does, championship. Cliff, Oubre and Embiid are type-A dominators and you mix that with Ellis, a senior point guard and guys like Frankamp and Greene shooting better (they will) I mean....I don't know how you stop that.

Prison Bitch 01-03-2014 11:28 AM

I've rarely heard a player or coach suggest he might leave. Why anyone would believe Embiid would return, is truly mystifying.

Pablo 01-03-2014 01:27 PM

I think he could figure out how to adjust to American culture and life pretty well if somebody threw 30+ million at him; or whatever a Top 3 pick gets.

He gone.

I'm not even going to entertain the notion that he's here next year.

And he could absolutely be the #1 pick this year. When you're drawing endless Hakeem comparisons, the sky is the limit.

Chiefspants 01-03-2014 01:52 PM

One of my friends is close with one of his tutors. From what I've heard, Embiid is eager to earn money to support his family.

As much as I love watching Embiid on the floor, he'd be making a mistake to stay another year. It would be devastating if he had a Nerlens Noel type of injury if he stayed for his sophomore year.