ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU From a KU fan, congrats to MU and their fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279070)

Prison Bitch 11-30-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10235516)
KU fan here as well. Congrats. I've grown up hating Mizzou, but I'll always pull for a local team over those other douchebag teams in the SEC.

Totally, they rooted for us to beat Kentucky in the final two years ago so we owe them the same courtesy for sho.

NWTF 11-30-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10235467)
I think you'll need a OSU loss too. They're not keeping an undefeated B10 team out (as much as I think they should).

I agree. OSU hasnt impressed.

As the season went on I assumed Alabama would finish undefeated, and thought Florida ST and OSU had a very good chance to do so too. I was hoping Florida St would stay ahead of OSU all the way to the end so we would'nt end up with another dud NCG. Sorry, but the Big 10 kind of sucks. Notre Dame is a Big 10 wannabe and plays a big 10 schedule minus their championship game. Everyone and their dog knew Alabama would wipe their a$$ with Notre Dame last year and they did.

Well now thanks to Auburn I think OSU will get in and promptly get pummeled by FL St. Id rather see the Auburn Mizzou winner go but I doubt it.

tredadda 11-30-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10235575)
I agree. OSU hasnt impressed.

As the season went on I assumed Alabama would finish undefeated, and thought Florida ST and OSU had a very good chance to do so too. I was hoping Florida St would stay ahead of OSU all the way to the end so we would'nt end up with another dud NCG. Sorry, but the Big 10 kind of sucks. Notre Dame is a Big 10 wannabe and plays a big 10 schedule minus their championship game. Everyone and their dog knew Alabama would wipe their a$$ with Notre Dame last year and they did.

Well now thanks to Auburn I think OSU will get in and promptly get pummeled by FL St. Id rather see the Auburn Mizzou winner go but I doubt it.

1. ND also plays Stanford and USC every year. That is more than any Big 10 team.

2. tOSU still needs to get past Michigan State who will be the toughest game they play all year. That is anything but a gimme win. They lose that and they probably play Alabama and get pounded in a BCS game.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-30-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10235586)
1. ND also plays Stanford and USC every year. That is more than any Big 10 team.

2. tOSU still needs to get past Michigan State who will be the toughest game they play all year. That is anything but a gimme win. They lose that and they probably play Alabama and get pounded in a BCS game.

MSU, IMO, has the best D in CFB. tOSU is in trouble. MU just has to win and see where it takes them.

TribalElder 11-30-2013 11:33 PM

I would bet they still try to juice bama into the game somehow

Would not be surprised

Red Dawg 12-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10235447)
They've got a legitimate shot at making the NC title game too. I think they're better than Auburn. That Alabama loss was huge today.

No. Even beating Auburn won't do it. Seminoles and Buckeys if they beat the Spartans will be it. If Ohio state loses they will probably take Auburn over us still.

bdj23 12-01-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10235547)
Totally, they rooted for us to beat Kentucky in the final two years ago so we owe them the same courtesy for sho.

You must live in bizarro world.

Simply Red 12-01-2013 08:03 AM

classy post Chiefspants

BryanBusby 12-01-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10235762)
No. Even beating Auburn won't do it. Seminoles and Buckeys if they beat the Spartans will be it. If Ohio state loses they will probably take Auburn over us still.

Ohio State isn't safe with a narrow victory next week.

Simply Red 12-01-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10235772)
Ohio State isn't safe with a narrow victory next week.

I think MU is very capable of beating Auburn.

Braincase 12-01-2013 08:43 AM

Congrats. Hell of a season.

tredadda 12-01-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10235762)

No they won't. If Ohio State (or on the freak chance FSU) loses the SEC Champion will play in the bCS Championship game.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 08:52 AM

If this were 2014 MU would be playing for the title if they win Saturday. The sport is being saved by the playoff format next year thankfully.

tredadda 12-01-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10235816)
If this were 2014 MU would be playing for the title if they win Saturday. The sport is being saved by the playoff format next year thankfully.

Yup

gblowfish 12-01-2013 09:03 AM

Considering Mizzou only won two games in conference last year, and Auburn won zero in conference last year, these two teams in the Championship is a million to one odds.

Thanks for the kinds words.