ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Fatty fatty bo batty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137411)

Brock 06-17-2006 07:09 AM

Awesome.

Bowser 06-17-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I have ballooned up to 190.

Course I'm 6'3". :p

Cool. Now we know who to use to get the baseballs out of the storm drains!

Ultra Peanut 06-25-2006 05:26 AM

178, and now saying goodbye to ketosis.

http://random-m.com/images/569469172_VC127350l.jpg

Yum yum eatem up.

I suppose I'm off the very low cal/carb part of the plan, since I'm basically going to aim for a ~1200 calorie/day limit for a while as my metabolism adjusts and I exercise more and more. The goal is still to lose about 20 pounds more, but I'm fine with it being a more gradual process than the first 60 were. It's still sort of hard to fathom that I've lost that much weight.

It's been amazing, really. The time has flown by with pretty much no issue whatsoever, and I probably look five years younger than I did six months ago (a relative even said so last week), which is a pretty ****ing amazing thing considering I'm not even of legal drinking age yet.

I look at the -- scant few, for good reason -- pictures I took of myself last year, and a side by side comparison reveals two wholly separate people. There are obviously plenty of things about my body that I'm still far from satisfied with, but I've finally realized that my only hope is to actually work with it rather than just giving up and trying to eat myself into an early grave.

The amazing thing is how much self-respect that I, a fairly self-loathing individual, managed to gain. I gave it a shot, I stuck with it even when it seemed like such a massive undertaking, and in the end, it more than paid off. I've said it before, but honestly, if I can do something like this, anyone can. Anyone.

Ultra Peanut 06-25-2006 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
How can we be sure this isn't another Psicosis wonder-stunt? Or you're just on Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters. Ride the snake.

I've never had a date in my life, but two days ago, I made out with Scott Baio at a party!

[SOUTH BRONX PARADISE BABY]

Jilly 06-25-2006 06:01 AM

congratulations! The best part is that you're not self loathing anymore, so if losing weight is what it took to get rid of that part, then good job.

Phobia 06-25-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitsMagee
congratulations! The best part is that you're not self loathing anymore, so if losing weight is what it took to get rid of that part, then good job.

Losing the part is what made him start graphing half pounds a few weeks back.

Congratulations on the weight loss. You seem to be in a better place. I know a lot of people who lost a bunch of weight on kitosis and then put it right back on so please be careful.

Bowser 06-25-2006 09:35 AM

Be careful coming off the diet. I did the Atkins, lost 50 pounds, and as soon as I went off of it, promptly put on all the weight, plus some.

Your body will crave the carbs once you re-introduce them. Really fight the urges and watch what you eat. Someone told me that your body will do all it can to hold onto the carbs you put back in your body for fear of "starving" again.

Good job on the weight loss! You might actually inspire me to get off my duff and shed some lbs, after listening to how good you feel. I miss that part.

Ultra Peanut 07-03-2006 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two weeks or thereabouts into the post-Medifast era. I think I'm figuring things out as I go along. Like, Corn Flakes are so ****ing delicious, even if there are better breakfast options that would be less carby and more filling.

Today I weighed in at 177 pounds. I still can't get over how ****ing fat I was before and how I willingly turned such a blind eye to it because I was just too despondent to care. **** that Dutch noise, I'm not going down without a fight.

June 03 - July 03

kc-nd 07-03-2006 07:28 PM

This threat is worthwhile without pictures

alanm 07-03-2006 07:33 PM

UP, You weigh 177lbs.. what are you like 5'1"?? That's not being overweight. :shake:

grandllama 07-03-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Be careful coming off the diet. I did the Atkins, lost 50 pounds, and as soon as I went off of it, promptly put on all the weight, plus some..

Two years ago when I went on my bastardized version of Atkins I came down from 400 to 330...

Two years of dorking off, I gained only 10 back...

I've been back on it since May 1, and am down to 297 this morning...

I'm not really worried about putting it back on as I've kinda bought into the eating healthy lifestyle... (I started reintroducing limited carbs about a two weeks ago and I'm still losing)

Chieficus 07-03-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
178, and now saying goodbye to ketosis.

I suppose I'm off the very low cal/carb part of the plan, since I'm basically going to aim for a ~1200 calorie/day limit for a while as my metabolism adjusts and I exercise more and more.

Congratulations... just keep reminding yourself that at this point that the exercise part is key...

I'm about 6'5, and four about four years after my junior year of college (back in 2000), I was hanging around the 230-35 range--mostly fat and not much muscle. I then suddenly took on more "responsibility" and becme less active and moved to about 245. I had some health trouble in 2004 that involved a short hospital stay and that knocked me down to around 210 when it was all said and done. But I quickly moved back up to 230. That's when I decided enough was enough. As soon as I got the all clear from the doctor, I hit the gym. Really pushed myself on the stationary bike, and then played pick-up games of soccer once or twice a week.

At first I knew I had lost a little, 'cause I had to buy a smaller belt and my 38 pants that had been snug became loose. But I really hadn't noticed (and at the time I had a goatee). I shaved the goat, noticed my double-chin was gone and was like: "Holy crap, I never thought I'd see the day."

I bottomed out around 175-80 (which is on the low end of a "healthy weight" for someone my size), though I could still loose a little around the gut. But I've now cut back on the biking and have started working on building muscle mass--I'm really starting to see a difference with that, especially with my upper body.

I tweaked my diet a little (I really didn't set out with the intention of losing 50 pounds--I was thinking: 15 or 20), but it was mainly the exercise.

I can really feel it on the soccer (and ultimate frisbee) field... I'm a bit faster, but more importantly, I can hang--stanima wise--with just about everyone else I play with... No more doubling over for five minutes after running down the field once... :)

Bwana 07-04-2006 07:35 AM

Wow, good job, that's kick ass! :thumb:

Rain Man 07-04-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Two weeks or thereabouts into the post-Medifast era. I think I'm figuring things out as I go along. Like, Corn Flakes are so ****ing delicious, even if there are better breakfast options that would be less carby and more filling.

Today I weighed in at 177 pounds. I still can't get over how ****ing fat I was before and how I willingly turned such a blind eye to it because I was just too despondent to care. **** that Dutch noise, I'm not going down without a fight.

June 03 - July 03

Nice graph, and great job on the whole project.

Be careful, though. At this rate, you'll disappear in 2007.

BigOlChiefsfan 07-04-2006 08:01 AM

Congratulations, Ultra Peanut. To paraphrase your namesake, "You no longer one supersize jackass."