ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

kcxiv 04-26-2011 03:58 AM

I understand what your saying, but these are really powerful dudes that hate people looking at all their business. I am on the players side, but you shouldnt have to show what your spending your money on. at least thats how i feel.

It is what it is. Godell is stressing, this is all on his watch.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7591524)
I don't see why the owners should open their books to their employees. Why should any private business be forced to do that? I have no problem the players wanting more money but the owners have a right to set what profit they want to make.

You should pay more attention to whats going on here.

Gonzo 04-26-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7591400)
Laz will be slobbering all over this thread.

Hey now...

That's "D.J. Lazzy Left" to you, buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan 04-26-2011 06:15 AM

All the owners have to say now is.......get to work.
They tell the union to piss off since they have decertified.

There is no agreement, union is gone......NFL make up your own rules.

veist 04-26-2011 06:17 AM

This is some the sky is falling crocodile tears from the owners, they know the draft, the cap and drug testing are all safe. The supreme court told them as much when they got their asses handed to them in the American Needle case. This whole thing is such a farce.

Marcellus 04-26-2011 06:18 AM

It's not just Goodell, remember DeMaurice Smith is also an asswhipe extraordinaire.

Having Tagliabue around wouldn't mean shit other than he has done this before. Smith wouldn't be working with him either.

dirk digler 04-26-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7591438)
I'm not sure anyone would argue the content of the article, in terms of the labor issues that could arise.

But the fact is, the owners started this. They opted out of the CBA because they wanted to make more money. They didn't have the guts to make the tough decisions among themselves and settle the disagreements between the big and small market owners about how revenue should be shared. The small market owners were complaining 5 minutes after they signed the last CBA (that's almost not an exaggeration).

So instead of hashing it out, they went after part of the players' share of the money. They figured they'd run over them in both directions and get the extra money that way.

Instead, it blew up in their face, at least to this point... and now they're stuck with the pandora's box they opened. Goodell says it himself in the article... the players were fine with the status quo. That's the most unbelievable part of the article... he's leaning on the players argument that would've avoided the whole thing in the first place. That is some grade A hypocrisy.

I think the owners opting out is a moot point because in 2 years the same thing would be happening just like it is now. Everybody knew 3 years ago this was going to happen and they still couldn't get a deal done.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2011 07:15 AM

One way to look at it is:

The owners started it by opting out of the CBA.

Others would say:

In order to avoid a strike and lockout years ago the owners decided to agree to a bad deal for them and everyone knew the owners were going to opt out as soon as the agreement allowed them to opt out.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7591618)
I think the owners opting out is a moot point because in 2 years the same thing would be happening just like it is now. Everybody knew 3 years ago this was going to happen and they still couldn't get a deal done.

A moot point? Thats convenient to say when you're siding with the Owners.

Really, the biggest issues are amongst the Owners, themselves, IMO.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7591625)

Others would say:

In order to avoid a strike and lockout years ago the owners decided to agree to a bad deal for them and everyone knew the owners were going to opt out as soon as the agreement allowed them to opt out.

Bad deal? Boo ****ing Hoo. If they are loosing money, prove it.

milkman 04-26-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7591626)

That really is the issue.

The owners dodn't want to open their books, because they don't want that information open to the other owners.

They are already at odds on revenue sharing.

milkman 04-26-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7591625)

Others would say:

Funny thing is, the perception at the time was that Gene Upshaw got bent over.

dirk digler 04-26-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7591626)

My point was it is a moot point to blame this lockout on the owners because they opted out. They could have certaintly not opted out but that was just delaying the inevitable until 2013.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7591631)
Bad deal? Boo ****ing Hoo. If they are loosing money, prove it.

If the players don't like the NFL they can go play in Canada or the Arena League.

milkman 04-26-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7591655)
If the players don't like the NFL they can go play in Canada or the Arena League.

That is the stupidest ****ing argument ever.