ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (5/20) *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283803)

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10641082)
Side note:

If Billy Butler does not pick up his offensive production enough to justify his $12 million option, the Royals will HAVE to add a bat entering next season if they hold any illusions of being competitive (this assumes Ventura continues to pitch well and one of Duffy/Zimmer pitches like a No. 3 piece without injury).

Market is pretty ugly. I'm sure they'll bring in a guy who has some positional versatility (Ideally, someone who can play RF and maybe a little 1B).

Best options are probably the ancient Michael Cuddyer (36, probably will be expensive after another great Coors-driven year) or Melky Cabrera.

Awesome. :doh!:

What price do you see for Chase Headley demanding in the trade market?

duncan_idaho 05-20-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10641164)
What price do you see for Chase Headley demanding in the trade market?

Not a ton, though Headley hasn't been very good this year. He was just kind of OK last year.

He's also pretty short on HR power, one year aside, which means:

1) Dayton Moore will love him
2) Royals fans will probably hate him, even if he is pretty solid otherwise

ChiTown 05-20-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10641007)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Heat Is Here Lineup: Aoki 9, Escobar 6, Hosmer 3, Butler DH, Gordon 7, Cain 8, Valencia 5, Ciriaco 4, Hayes 2, Ventura 1. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23royals&amp;src=hash">#royals</a></p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughStar/statuses/468833110860115968">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, that is just a flat awful lineup. **** me.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10641213)
Not a ton, though Headley hasn't been very good this year. He was just kind of OK last year.

He's also pretty short on HR power, one year aside, which means:

1) Dayton Moore will love him
2) Royals fans will probably hate him, even if he is pretty solid otherwise

I'm pretty sure he has been injured this year, which explains the lack of numbers. But he is right at 3.0 WAR player which would be a nice upgrade at 3rd base, not to mention a switch hitter.

Deberg_1990 05-20-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Side note:

If Billy Butler does not pick up his offensive production enough to justify his $12 million option, the Royals will HAVE to add a bat entering next season if they hold any illusions of being competitive (this assumes Ventura continues to pitch well and one of Duffy/Zimmer pitches like a No. 3 piece without injury).

Market is pretty ugly. I'm sure they'll bring in a guy who has some positional versatility (Ideally, someone who can play RF and maybe a little 1B).

Best options are probably the ancient Michael Cuddyer (36, probably will be expensive after another great Coors-driven year) or Melky Cabrera.

Hes slowly got his batting average up to acceptable ive noticed. Still no power.

duncan_idaho 05-20-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10641240)
I'm pretty sure he has been injured this year, which explains the lack of numbers. But he is right at 3.0 WAR player which would be a nice upgrade at 3rd base, not to mention a switch hitter.

It would be a nice upgrade. He's 31 and will be a free agent following this season. Not sure what his trade market would be (and can't imagine the Padres could risk offering him a qualifying offer, as he hasn't played at a level deserving of $16 million).

He'd be a nice FA pickup in the offseason if the price is right. In the trade market... not sure what he'd take at this point, though I can't imagine it's a ton.

He was mostly healthy last year and was a .750 OPS guy. Pretty good defender at 3B and good all-around player (similar to Gordon as a base runner).

Why Not? 05-20-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10641263)
It would be a nice upgrade. He's 31 and will be a free agent following this season. Not sure what his trade market would be (and can't imagine the Padres could risk offering him a qualifying offer, as he hasn't played at a level deserving of $16 million).

He'd be a nice FA pickup in the offseason if the price is right. In the trade market... not sure what he'd take at this point, though I can't imagine it's a ton.

He was mostly healthy last year and was a .750 OPS guy. Pretty good defender at 3B and good all-around player (similar to Gordon as a base runner).

This would be like acquiring Mike Schmidt compare to the pit of despair we've had at 3B

alnorth 05-20-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10640904)
My prediction: a hilarious blowout win. 16 hits, 3 home runs, White Sox have 2 errors, final score 11-2.

I'm sticking with this prediction. We'll blow them out, somehow.

C3HIEF3S 05-20-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10641226)
Wow, that is just a flat awful lineup. **** me.

Yeah, but there's not much you can do when Omar is hurt, Sal is hurt, and Moose sucks.

Valencia is getting the start tonight vs a RHP, DM needs to send his boy Moose down like yesterday.

BigCatDaddy 05-20-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Side note:

What do you think Melky's price tag would be? Move Gordon to right and Melky in left?

C3HIEF3S 05-20-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10641367)
What do you think Melky's price tag would be? Move Gordon to right and Melky in left?

I wouldn't move a 3x, soon to be 4x, gold glover out of left, but that's just me.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Move the gold glove outfielder in the hardest outfield position to the weakest. LMAO

duncan_idaho 05-20-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Hard to say. He's having a very nice year so far. Dayton Moore loves him.

I could see it happening.

I'd imagine you'd leave Gordon in LF and play Cabrera in CF. He doesn't have an ideal arm out there, but he'd be fine otherwise.

BigCatDaddy 05-20-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10641374)
Move the gold glove outfielder in the hardest outfield position to the weakest. LMAO

He's got the arm for RF where Melky doesn't. And CF would be the most difficult.

BigCatDaddy 05-20-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10641381)
Hard to say. He's having a very nice year so far. Dayton Moore loves him.

I could see it happening.

I'd imagine you'd leave Gordon in LF and play Cabrera in CF. He doesn't have an ideal arm out there, but he'd be fine otherwise.

I guess if Cain were to play RF that would still be a pretty solid defensive outfield. Melky doesn't have that blazing speed, but seems to play the ball well. Probably 12 million per on a 3-4 year deal or am I way too low?