ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

qabbaan 10-05-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8979916)
Don't get me wrong, Mr. FAX. I don't think we need to blow things up and start over.

I also don't think this team has nearly the talent others here claim. Instead of people willing to be wrong in their assessment of players, they'd rather blame everything else.

This roster needs some work, and it's showing on Sundays.

Where would this team be with a league average QB?

According to this week's rankings, the #16 rated QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. Others in the neighborhood are Jake Locker, Kevin Kolb, Cam Newton, Carson Palmer.

If you slap a league average QB on this team, which I feel like is heading for something like 4 wins, then I think you would just have an 8 or 9 win team. Certainly not a contender to make a deep run in the postseason.

007 10-05-2012 04:45 PM

Hell no, we don't need to rebuild. Get GM that can draft worth a shit, a QB that can play worth a shit, and a coach that knows what he is doing and the rest will take care of itself.

Bump 10-05-2012 04:45 PM

Geno Smith could take this team to the playoffs next year. I bet having Geno and a new head coach/gm would help keep Bowe around too.

htismaqe 10-05-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8979933)
Yes I do

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/08/2...chief-in-2013/

Excerpt from the article:

We don’t know what each side’s final offer was, but it appears Bowe was demanding Larry Fitzgerald money while offering slightly less than Fitzgerald skills. However, salary decisions are based on a cost-benefit analysis and I don’t see anyone who offers the same or greater benefit for the same or lower cost.

I may be wrong but I firmly believe one of the reasons Pioli drafted Baldwin was to eventually replace Bowe.

Wow, that's some concrete evidence right there.

Especially with words like "we don't know" and "it appears".

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8979916)
Don't get me wrong, Mr. FAX. I don't think we need to blow things up and start over.

I also don't think this team has nearly the talent others here claim. Instead of people willing to be wrong in their assessment of players, they'd rather blame everything else.

This roster needs some work, and it's showing on Sundays.

Our average o-linemen looked like pro bowlers protecting Kyle Orton and only allowing one sack in 4 games.

Orton spread the ball to tons of receiver targets with ease. That's without Moeaki, Boss, and in many snaps, without Baldwin.

Our defense looked really damn good when Romeo was calling good defenses, especially when he was attacking and stunting his linemen.

The talent is absolutely there. And yes, I truly believe that if you took a Haley coached team from last year, and throw in a top 10 QB, that team would have been a dangerous playoff team.

el borracho 10-05-2012 04:48 PM

1. Franchise QB
2. Head Coach
3. Talented Coordinators and Position Coaches
4. More vertical passing game
5. More aggressive defensive scheme

If the Chiefs acquired these things, they would own the AFCW and probably make some noise in the playoffs.

Discuss Thrower 10-05-2012 04:49 PM

2 year rebuild, definitely. There are too many guys on this roster who wouldn't crack starting lineups on the top 10 teams.

007 10-05-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979945)
Geno Smith could take this team to the playoffs next year. I bet having Geno and a new head coach/gm would help keep Bowe around too.

Hey, I'm high on the guy too but lets not talk crazy.

jd1020 10-05-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8979959)
2 year rebuild, definitely. There are too many guys on this roster who wouldn't crack starting lineups on the top 10 teams.

Cassel, Belcher, and?

htismaqe 10-05-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8979954)
Our average o-linemen looked like pro bowlers protecting Kyle Orton and only allowing one sack in 4 games.

Orton spread the ball to tons of receiver targets with ease. That's without Moeaki, Boss, and in many snaps, without Baldwin.

Our defense looked really damn good when Romeo was calling good defenses, especially when he was attacking and stunting his linemen.

The talent is absolutely there. And yes, I truly believe that if you took a Haley coached team from last year, and throw in a top 10 QB, that team would have been a dangerous playoff team.

The line is NEVER going to look good when the other team knows you can't stretch the field.

They just load up the LOS and keep everything in front of them.

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

The team is good enough to support a good QB. 2-year project to be a surefire super bowl contender. But this team can win right away behind a good QB>

qabbaan 10-05-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979950)
Wow, that's some concrete evidence right there.

Especially with words like "we don't know" and "it appears".

Sure it's conjecture, but they sent Carr out on the same train last year.

jd1020 10-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8979970)

Dont blame them. Carr wanted to be a Cowboy and it cost them 50M.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

With a competent GM, I don't think it would take 2 years, but I absolutely agree with the bolded comment. Well, maybe two years to become a legitimate SB contender.

Guys like Jackson, Dorsey, Belcher, Lewis, all of our NT's, Arenas, McCluster, Baldwin, our interior linemen and our TE's are nothing but role players on teams like the Pats, Packers, Ravens, etc.

htismaqe 10-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8979970)

What does Carr have to do with it?

He cited that article as proof that Bowe was looking for Fitzgerald money, not as evidence that Pioli is cheap...