ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Got a Ferrari 430 F1 Spider up to 120 yesterday. Amazing! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186938)

Mojo Rising 07-08-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4833880)
I got my Dad's Vette up to 150 it was pretty cool, but for the most part when I take it out I just go the speed limit and watch all the stupid people try to race me. I might actually buy it from him soon if I get my new job.

Buy it if you can. For the money it is the best value for fun vs. $ there is. I don't know if you can tell but in the pic of the Benz there is a Red Vette in the corner.

That is what I was driving all weekend. It has heads up display which is really cool (your dashboard is refelcted on the windshield just below your line of site.)

That is my Dads car. The car has a mean roar too. It is also easy to drive. Top goes up easy.

I am back home now. Deciding between the Volvo and Honda to take my daughter to school tomorrow.

Radar Chief 07-08-2008 08:53 AM

I’ve had my Jeep up to over 115. Didn’t realize it at the time, speedometer read a little over 100 but I found out after putting a radar in it that my speedometer was reading 15 MPH low due to larger tires.
That’s +115 MPH with 33” mud tires, solid front axle with manual steering and drum brakes all around.
If I told you guys what I’ve done on my bike you’d think I’m even crazier than you probably think I am now.

Radar Chief 07-08-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 4833259)
These are garage shots which don't do the car justice in the sun with the top down.

Beautiful car, BTW. I’ve always wanted to play with an “auto-stick” transmission. It just sounds like fun.
So, next time your brother is passing around the keys, keep me in mind. ;)

Fish 07-08-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 4834201)
I’ve had my Jeep up to over 115. Didn’t realize it at the time, speedometer read a little over 100 but I found out after putting a radar in it that my speedometer was reading 15 MPH low due to larger tires.
That’s +115 MPH with 33” mud tires, solid front axle with manual steering and drum brakes all around.
If I told you guys what I’ve done on my bike you’d think I’m even crazier than you probably think I am now.

Wow.... I bet those mud tires were humming pretty good.

The stupidest thing I can recall is doing 156mph on a Katana 850. Open stretch of road, no traffic, but still one of the dumbest things ever. I was pretty careless growing up...

Tunnel vision comes into play at that speed, and your peripheral visions melts away. It was exhilarating.... but I never should have done it. Wish I would have gotten into skydiving....

Radar Chief 07-08-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4834248)
Wow.... I bet those mud tires were humming pretty good.

By that time all I could hear was the top flapping in the hurricane speed wind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4834248)
The stupidest thing I can recall is doing 156mph on a Katana 850. Open stretch of road, no traffic, but still one of the dumbest things ever. I was pretty careless growing up...

Tunnel vision comes into play at that speed, and your peripheral visions melts away. It was exhilarating.... but I never should have done it. Wish I would have gotten into skydiving....

Good point on tunnel vision.
For those that haven’t experienced it, it’s where you see a clear pattern in front of you and things on the peripheral of your vision are a blur as they fly past. The faster you go, the smaller the clear pattern becomes.

penguinz 07-08-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 4833302)
I think the last time I saw your brother he was driving one of these:

http://www.motorbase.com/pictures/co...ford_exp-1.jpg

I had one of those!

teedubya 07-08-2008 10:32 AM

Mr Mojo-Rising....

From the looks of your brothers garage, one could assess that your brother has a very small penis.

BigRedChief 07-08-2008 10:50 AM

I was 16 working at a car dealership and took a Lambrogini about a 1/2 mile up the street to get a new muffler put on it. I went to 2nd gear and stomped it. The power and speed of the take off scared the crap out of me. Went the speed limit the rest of the way.

Now that I'm a middle aged suburbanite with no life I'd like to try it again.

stumppy 07-08-2008 11:24 AM

I've driven several Vipers and a few Stealth twin turbos. Ran a Viper up to 150 mph several times. Pretty sweet.

ChiefsOne 07-08-2008 11:52 AM

The fastest I have been was in my 300ZX way back when and got it up to 142. At that speed it feels like you are in a tunnel and barely any turn of the wheel goes a long way.

I had an SLK350 not too long ago, my mechanic friend was putting breaks on it and he test drove it to 164.

whatsmynameagain 07-08-2008 12:03 PM

wow look at all you flip flopping nutsuckers. you bash on some guy for getting a speeding ticket on a bike but in a nice car its ok to drive 120. seriously, you all are very pathetic.Posted via Mobile Device

whatsmynameagain 07-08-2008 12:06 PM

this thread is nothing but a hypocrisy, when midnight douche said you were jealous he just might have been rightPosted via Mobile Device

Logical 07-08-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsmynameagain (Post 4834659)
this thread is nothing but a hypocrisy, when midnight douche said you were jealous he just might have been rightPosted via Mobile Device

Or perhaps we believe each other:shrug:

FAX 07-08-2008 12:19 PM

I don't know about you, Mr. whatsmynameagain (if that's your real name). But speaking personally, pathetic is one of my better qualities.

FAX

Radar Chief 07-08-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsmynameagain (Post 4834653)
wow look at all you flip flopping nutsuckers. you bash on some guy for getting a speeding ticket on a bike but in a nice car its ok to drive 120. seriously, you all are very pathetic.Posted via Mobile Device

I have no idea WTF you’re even talking about.