ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MEDIA REACTIONS: Chiefs Early Draft Losers on NFLN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283607)

The Franchise 05-10-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10622398)
There are ways to structure a contract without guaranteeing that much base salary. Unfortunately, they gave him a pretty large signing bonus too.

It's almost like they really thought Bowe was THAT important. Kind of scary when you wonder what they'll do with Smith.

I really do think they might give him $20M per or something equally crazy.

Hopefully they understand how truly ****ed that would make our cap.

htismaqe 05-10-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10622399)
Albert should have had a contract before Dorsey got here.

Oh well. I hope Eric Fisher turns out to be John Alt. I'm done ****ing worrying about it.

I really liked this draft and it changed my mind a little bit about what they did last year.

J Diddy 05-10-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10622393)
No doubt about it.

We got about 3 solid starters out of Pioli...

Pioli's problem in the draft is he always wanted to pick these ****ing guys out of the air in hopes that the legacy of his genius would grow. The only one that was a lock was Berry and we got lucky on Poe.

The Franchise 05-10-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10622405)
Oh well. I hope Eric Fisher turns out to be John Alt. I'm done ****ing worrying about it.

I really liked this draft and it changed my mind a little bit about what they did last year.

I'm with you.

htismaqe 05-10-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10622407)
Pioli's problem in the draft is he always wanted to pick these ****ing guys out of the air in hopes that the legacy of his genius would grow. The only one that was a lock was Berry and we got lucky on Poe.

I don't think they got lucky on Poe. They were just willing to take that risk. When you look back on it, there just aren't many guys with his physical profile. They don't come around very often. But many of those guys are blue chippers out of high school and don't end up half-assing around at Memphis.

I gotta give them credit for Poe, it was like the 180 opposite of Tyson ****ing Jackson...

Lex Luthor 05-10-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10622284)

Judging by your posts today, I'd say you probably jizzed in your pants when you saw that article.

As others have stated, articles like this are meaningless.

Deberg_1990 05-10-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10622426)
Judging by your posts today, I'd say you probably jizzed in your pants when you saw that article.

As others have stated, articles like this are meaningless.

Heh, I should dig up some of the overreactions, knee jerks and oversights from our past drafts around here. You can see how accurate the resident geniuses around here have been.

Bugeater 05-10-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10622441)
Heh, I should dig up some of the overreactions, knee jerks and oversights from our past drafts around here. You can see how accurate the resident geniuses around here have been.

Eh, it's the same every year. Some love the draft, some hate it, some want to wait and see...everybody argues.

Rausch 05-10-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10622441)

When we think it's a good draft everyone's happy sure it's a playoff year.
When we think it's a horrible draft everyone talks about how you can't judge a draft for years...

BryanBusby 05-10-2014 11:34 PM

The draft that CP likes as a whole is the time I really start to get nervous.

jspchief 05-10-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10622470)
When we think it's a good draft everyone's happy sure it's a playoff year.
When we think it's a horrible draft everyone talks about how you can't judge a draft for years...

I think we all realize you can't really judge a draft for years.

But this is the only nfl we get right now, so people want to discuss their opinions.

J Diddy 05-10-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10622478)
I think we all realize you can't really judge a draft for years.

But this is the only nfl we get right now, so people want to discuss their opinions.

This.

You know you're hard up for some NFL action when you endure 3 days listening to Mel Kiper talk.

ToxSocks 05-10-2014 11:43 PM

I liked this draft too. It felt like a solid draft. I like the Ford, Thomas and Murray picks. The Canadian guy sounds interesting too.

Just Passin' By 05-10-2014 11:47 PM

Where do people think Rosenthal is wrong? Here's his list:

Rough free agency

Ford - nice long term gamble, but should be a PTPer at first

Gaines - developmental prospect

Thomas - wild card

Seeming dearth of immediate impact players from draft

OL and WR still major questions

The Franchise 05-10-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10622488)
Where do people think Rosenthal is wrong?

By grading the draft right after its over.