ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert being shopped for a 2nd rounder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271278)

KC native 03-18-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512111)
Brandon Albert +1.1+2.34+2014 2nd Rounder < Luke Joeckel, Alex Smith, +2.42

Dorsey and Reid just wrote that equation on the board.

Ugh. Only this ****ing franchise :facepalm:

confused 03-18-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9511693)
Read the front page you dolt. TWO threads on this.

This is why I recommend a minimum 30 minutes of physical exercise per day.

TRR 03-18-2013 08:06 PM

I get what most are saying in this thread. However, KC is 25-55 with Albert as their left tackle. Yea....Yeah....Yeah....I know. He's not all to blame. He is however playing one of the most important positions on the offensive side, and after a 2-14 season, he openly admits he won't play a different position even if it betters the team. That's an issue.

We shall see what happens with Branden Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9512154)
I get what most are saying in this thread. However, KC is 25-55 with Albert as their left tackle. Yea....Yeah....Yeah....I know. He's not all to blame. He is however playing one of the most important positions on the offensive side, and after a 2-14 season, he openly admits he won't play a different position even if it betters the team. That's an issue.

Posted via Mobile Device

What was the Rams' record with Orlando Pace as a young player?

How does moving Albert to RT make the team better?

Reaper16 03-18-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9512154)

Posted via Mobile Device

Not ALL to blame, huh? How generous of you.

keg in kc 03-18-2013 08:13 PM

I didn't realize Albert was to blame for Cassel's play. And Huard's play. And Thigpen's play. And Palko's play. And Quinn's play. Now it all makes sense.

cdcox 03-18-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9512178)
I didn't realize Albert was to blame for Cassel's play. And Huard's play. And Thigpen's play. And Palko's play. And Quinn's play. Now it all makes sense.

Those guys could have used another 12 - 19 seconds of pass protection.

milkman 03-18-2013 08:17 PM

Browns should just cut Joe Thomas.

That team has sucked every year he has been in the league.

candyman 03-18-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9512194)

No doubt. What a stupid ****ing argument.

Mr. Laz 03-18-2013 08:20 PM

we still don't have a right tackle so i don't see how/why we would go ahead and trade our left tackle too.

Chiefs might take a LT at 1 but imo they would put him at RT for a year and trade Albert next year if the rookie works out.

btw who's going to be our MLB?

patteeu 03-18-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512170)
What was the Rams' record with Orlando Pace as a young player?

How does moving Albert to RT make the team better?

I don't think that's the issue. If there's an issue, it's his attitude about doing what's best for Branden instead of what's best for the team. Personally, I don't think that's a problem and I think he'd play RT if he loses his job at LT.

patteeu 03-18-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9512178)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9512185)
Those guys could have used another 12 - 19 seconds of pass protection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9512194)

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9512203)
No doubt. What a stupid ****ing argument.

You guys act as if this team has just been one position away from success all these years. There are good players on this team, but I can't justify calling any of them indispensable. None of them are so good that their position can't be improved with the possible exception of the RB and the punter. And AFAIC, I'm being generous to those two guys.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9512227)
I don't think that's the issue. If there's an issue, it's his attitude about doing what's best for Branden instead of what's best for the team. Personally, I don't think that's a problem and I think he'd play RT if he loses his job at LT.

It may not be the issue, but that was the question raised by TRR's post when he said he "wont move even if it makes the team better." I can't imagine a scenario by which such a move would improve the team, which makes the asking of the question either specious or ignorant.

patteeu 03-18-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512249)
It may not be the issue, but that was the question raised by TRR's post when he said he "wont move even if it makes the team better." I can't imagine a scenario by which such a move would improve the team, which makes the asking of the question either specious or ignorant.

I disagree with your interpretation. When TRR says "that's an issue", the antecedent of the pronoun is Albert's apparent unwillingness to play a different position even if it makes the team better, not the notion that the team can't be improved because Albert is unwilling to move.

cdcox 03-18-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9512238)
You guys act as if this team has just been one position away from success all these years. There are good players on this team, but I can't justify calling any of them indispensable. None of them are so good that their position can't be improved with the possible exception of the RB and the punter. And AFAIC, I'm being generous to those two guys.

No one said Albert was indispensable or that you couldn't find a better LT. The question is what are the odds of improving the position and are you getting good return on the investment of 1.1?