ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268935)

mcaj22 01-15-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321922)
??

You missed my point is well. I don't care about the Bulaga pick as far as value is concerned. I don't think he was a reach. I never stated that....AT ALL. What i did state, however, is that the Bulaga pick demonstrates the Packers taking need into consideration when picking BPA.

Which brings me back to my original point that Dorsey is either BSing us or we are taking his words far too literal.

they had Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson, and you name it that can play CB and they still took Casey Hayward in the 2nd round of the draft this past season, who ended up playing his way into the starting lineup (cause of injury) and being far and away a smash hit pick, even with all the CB depth they had.

Why did they pick that one? Surely wasnt a need at the time. But he clearly was BPA on their board.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9321926)
Who hits on all of their picks? Andy found his share of studs, and his teams were always competitive.

Interesting. They were always competitive? After 2004, Andy took the team to the playoffs 4 times with only 3 wins. 1 in 2006 and 2 in 2008 only to fall to the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

Andy was coaching with Jim Johnson and Ray Rhodes' players when he was performing well through the 2004 season. After those players started to leave, and Jim Johnson passed, Andy's poor drafting really started to show and without a real defensive coordinator to coverup his short comings, the team suffered.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9321924)
Stay true to your board. It's true you should, but Geno Smith should also be #1 on our draft board.

Joeckel, Warmak, Werner, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Star, Patterson, Moore and Richardson are all better "prospects"...at QB I'd take Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Scott and Dysert I would gladly take over him.

mcaj22 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

people actually like the Nassib shitter?

i find that hard to believe. that guy is a turd

FringeNC 01-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321934)
Interesting. They were always competitive? After 2004, Andy took the team to the playoffs 4 times with only 3 wins. 1 in 2006 and 2 in 2008 only to fall to the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

Andy was coaching with Jim Johnson and Ray Rhodes' players when he was performing well through the 2004 season. After those players started to leave, and Jim Johnson passed, Andy's poor drafting really started to show and without a real defensive coordinator to coverup his short comings, the team suffered.

Was Reid GM is Philly? Is he GM now? I'm very confident that our draft board is going to look a lot more like GB's than Philly's.

Red Dawg 01-15-2013 06:09 PM

Its real simple. They will watch every play of Geno in college. They will go to all his workouts and interview him to death. They will talk for hours and hours to his coaches about him and his work ethic and personality. When the draft comes I am sure they will pick him. He is the best player in the draft. Qb is the only position worth the number one overall pick. Clark has told them that Qb is a must now primarily because the fan base is sick of not having a signal caller to hang our hat on. Both Andy and Dorsey know for sure that you cant win without a really good one.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9321949)
Was Reid GM is Philly? Is he GM now? I'm very confident that our draft board is going to look a lot more like GB's than Philly's.

Don't be fooled. Reid had full control in Philly, and Pioli would still be there if Reid didn't have his hand up the GM's ass like a puppet.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

Andy Reid once traded his 1st round pick to the rival Cowboys because he had his sights set on Kevin Kolb.

He also hasn't drafted a good defensive player since Trent Cole in 2005.

That's all you need to know about Reid's drafting.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9321952)
Its real simple. They will watch every play of Geno in college. They will go to all his workouts and interview him to death. They will talk for hours and hours to his coaches about him and his work ethic and personality. When the draft comes I am sure they will pick him. He is the best player in the draft. Qb is the only position worth the number one overall pick. Clark has told them that Qb is a must now primarily because the fan base is sick of not having a signal caller to hang our hat on. Both Andy and Dorsey know for sure that you cant win without a really good one.

He's far from the best player in the draft...Star, Joeckel and Warmak infinitely better.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9321949)

He had full personnel control in Philly for the past 10 years.

ToxSocks 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321933)
they had Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson, and you name it that can play CB and they still took Casey Hayward in the 2nd round of the draft this past season, who ended up playing his way into the starting lineup (cause of injury) and being far and away a smash hit pick, even with all the CB depth they had.

Why did they pick that one? Surely wasnt a need at the time. But he clearly was BPA on their board.

Oh, are you talking about that 2.30 DB? Basically a 3rd Rounder?

Interesting. Because they seemed to use their 1st round Pick to fill a huge void opposite Clay Mathews. You don't think for a second that need played a role in that?

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321930)
thing about Andy Reid is he also actually can HIT just as much as he misses. Where as Scooter ***** just ****ing completely whiffs 99 percent of the time.

So every Andy Reid list you have of crappy players you can also make a list of good ones.

in 2012 alone

Fletcher Cox
Mychael Kendricks
Nick Foles
Brandon Boykin
Dennis Kelly
Bryce Brown

except that Howie Roseman was responsible for all offseason moves leading up to this season. Therefore, NOT Reid's picks. It was determined that too many mistakes were being made by Banner/Reid.

Chief Roundup 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321933)

Don't know the rest of the DB's off the top of my head but Woodson was moved to safety last season.
But the overall point is correct.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

what do you guys think about Denard Robinson or Collin Klein?

ToxSocks 01-15-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321937)
Joeckel, Warmak, Werner, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Star, Patterson, Moore and Richardson are all better "prospects"...at QB I'd take Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Scott and Dysert I would gladly take over him.

GTFO.

You're taking up valuable message board space.