ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What's the least you'd settle for in order to trade down? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271306)

Deberg_1990 03-19-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9513660)
So far, Dorsey has been getting raped in FA. Yes, he did make some nice moves, but..

He could have probably used Glenn Dorsey in the Alex trade.

He could have used Cassel earlier in a trade instead of holding on to him for so long.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get blown in a trade down, if it happens..

:facepalm:

Fritz88 03-19-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9513664)
Glenn Dorsey was not under contract. Therefore....we couldn't trade him.

Okay, my bad. I thought we could have traded him.

Fritz88 03-19-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9513669)
A) No, he hasn't.
B) No, he couldn't have. Dorsey was a free agent and they would have had to re-sign him in order to trade him, and then San Francisco would have just offered Dorsey more money. This is reeruned.
3) WTF are you even talking about now.
4) ANYTHING WE GET FOR TRADING DOWN IS GOOD. THE ONLY UNACCEPTABLE EVENT IS STAYING AT 1.1 AND TAKING A NON-QB.

You really think holding on to Cassel and not shopping him early was smart?

It was obvious he would be released after we signed Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 03-19-2013 12:46 PM

depends on how far down you move

CupidStunt 03-19-2013 12:49 PM

Anyone demanding this, that or the other appears to be ignoring that staying at #1 is not an attractive option. If they end up picking there, prepared to be disappointed in the pick. Not only does moving down increase the options (most/all of which are more appealing IMO), they'd get at least solid value back (like a couple 2nds or whatever). It's just a no-brainer to take the best offer, unless they're so dead-set on a guy and don't feel he'll last, but they've said they're considering 8-10 players so they categorically should move back and for whatever they can get.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-19-2013 12:54 PM

I'd take a 1st next year all by itself, but I'd hold out hope for a 2nd this year as well.

We absolutely must get a 2014 first to trade down.

suds79 03-19-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9513838)
I'd take a 1st next year all by itself, but I'd hold out hope for a 2nd this year as well.

Agreed.

For me right now it's "what would I take pick wise in exchange for Luke Joeckel."

Answer: I wouldn't be too picky in making a deal.

CupidStunt 03-19-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9513845)
Agreed.

For me right now it's "what would I take pick wise in exchange for Luke Joeckel."

Answer: I wouldn't be too picky in making a deal.

Right.

The future 1st would be the door that opens all my doors if I'm the GM, but nevertheless, I'll take a whole bunch of combination of picks over Luke Joeckel. People forget that these picks actually turn into players. We're not trading away RG3. Everyone in the league knows that.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 01:28 PM

Any 1st + any 2nd.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9513838)

I just don't care anymore.

Losing that pick for Alex Smith has completely skewed my perception of draft value.

If we can just get a 2nd round pick back **** it.

saphojunkie 03-19-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9513942)
I just don't care anymore.

Losing that pick for Alex Smith has completely skewed my perception of draft value.

If we can just get a 2nd round pick back **** it.

Yep.

Everyone here saying "Ooh a first next year, and this year's second and a 2014 second!" is completely missing the point.

What would it take for me to trade down? The best offer. Period.

Molitoth 03-19-2013 01:38 PM

If Geno Smith is NOT getting picked at #1... I think they should accept close to anything realistic to trade down and get out of that position, no matter what it is.

Drafting Luke Joekel at #1 is beyond fucking rediculas.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 01:40 PM

Tavon Austin or Cordarelle Patterson + any player picked in the 2nd > Luke Jerkel

patteeu 03-19-2013 01:42 PM

I voted for a 2nd. It really depends on how far down you're going though. If we were trading with Jacksonville and we had confidence that they weren't going to take our top guy, I'd take almost anything, even a 7th. If we were trading down to 10th, it would take considerably more than a 2nd.

I guess I'm saying that I'd take a 2nd to trade down to Phili's 4th pick or so.

bowener 03-19-2013 01:45 PM

Are there any players on the teams of prospective trade partners that may be useful? Eagles have Maclin, which I know they aren't trading, just using as an example.