ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How do they do it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212560)

SenselessChiefsFan 08-26-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6000694)
Instead of asking here you could ask there?

They would know the answer for sure!

:p

No that you could understand what they said..... but I'm sure they know.

SenselessChiefsFan 08-26-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 6000686)
My favorite Chinese restaurant can go from order to handing me a *hot* meal ready to go out the door in 3 min flat. I hear the wok sizzle (for maybe a minute and a half), so they are not scooping me a plate off some hidden buffet line. They have like 40 entrees with lots of variety. For example, I have tried at least 4 or 5 of their spicy chicken dishes each with its own unique combo of veggies and unique sauce. The chicken is even cut in different shapes for some of the meals.

Tonight's entree has:

chicken - cooked and hot all the way through - not rubbery
green pepper, - still crunchy
bamboo shoots - still crunchy (maybe too many, kind of like filler)
mushooms - cooked
carrots
peas
a sauce with visible bits of garlic and red pepper flake.

I just don't understand how they can turn such a variety of fresh tasting dishes around so fast.

Dog cooks up real quick...

Bwana 08-26-2009 07:58 AM

Sorry Cox, that's NOT chicken!

angelo 08-26-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6001486)
I don't thin k the chicken is pre-cooked, angelo. As thin as it's sliced there would be no need.

RJ

It depends on whether or not it is deep fried.

If it is General Tso's chicken it is usually made from boneless skinless thigh meat
(hence why it is not uniform in shape) and then deep fried in advance and kept warm. This only happens in some restaurants.

The non deep fried items can be raw or pre-steamed for faster cooking.

I used to date a girl whose father owned a Chinese joint. We broke up because I was always horny 30 minutes after having sex with her.

Ang

ChiefJustice 08-26-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelo (Post 6002009)
RJ

If it is General Tso's chicken it is usually made from boneless skinless thigh meat
(hence why it is not uniform in shape) and then deep fried in advance and kept warm. This only happens in some restaurants.

I used to date a girl whose father owned a Chinese joint. We broke up because I was always horny 30 minutes after having sex with her.

Ang

http://www.karljones.com/images/krupa-gene.jpg

Sofa King 08-26-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6000705)
There is a flaw with your theory... all time travel theory really.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2778/timemachinef.jpg

on top of that, it should be obvious that time travel will never be possible, the biggest evidence of this is the lack of people from the future.......

that or we live in a very boring time period, and for some reason people don't want to travel back in time to post on chiefsplanet....

Crashride 08-26-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

RJ

Ang

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Out of nowhere.

patteeu 08-26-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6002043)
on top of that, it should be obvious that time travel will never be possible, the biggest evidence of this is the lack of people from the future.......

that or we live in a very boring time period, and for some reason people don't want to travel back in time to post on chiefsplanet....

Haven't you ever listened to Art Bell/George Noory's Coast to Coast radio program? They have people from the future calling in all the time.

Rain Man 08-26-2009 11:03 AM

I can't believe nobody has stated the obvious answer.

For every cdcox in America, there are 3.5 cdcoxes in China. Therefore, Chinese restaurants are designed to serve food at 3.5 times the rate of American restaurants. If it takes about 10 minutes to get your lunch at Chili's, then simple math means that you'll get it in 3 minutes at a Chinese restaurant.

cdcox 08-26-2009 11:50 PM

Well I went back there again today for curry chicken. They were really on top of their game today.

But I have some new information. In my seat I had a partial view into the kitchen. I timed from the first sizzle to when they pulled my food off. 75 seconds! Not only that, but I can now confirm that the sauce is added to the wok with a ladle. I would have bet on plastic squeeze bottles, but he actually used a ladle.

Not only that, but after the 75 seconds of sizzle for my food, there was a 20 second sizzling clean up procedure. He ladled some kind of cleaning solution into the wok (I'm guessing it was just water) scraped around a bit then wiped it out with a cloth. Presto, ready for the next order.

Param 08-27-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

RJ

Ang

This man speaks the truth and

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Param 08-27-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 6004781)
Well I went back there again today for curry chicken. They were really on top of their game today.

But I have some new information. In my seat I had a partial view into the kitchen. I timed from the first sizzle to when they pulled my food off. 75 seconds! Not only that, but I can now confirm that the sauce is added to the wok with a ladle. I would have bet on plastic squeeze bottles, but he actually used a ladle.

Not only that, but after the 75 seconds of sizzle for my food, there was a 20 second sizzling clean up procedure. He ladled some kind of cleaning solution into the wok (I'm guessing it was just water) scraped around a bit then wiped it out with a cloth. Presto, ready for the next order.

I've been to a restaurant multiple times that does this right in front of you. They're like a machine.