ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276494)

Bearcat 09-20-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10001669)
Would you rather be 0-3 and end the suspense now?

Hey, nobody expects a 2012 two win team to be 2013 Super Bowl Champs. All teams have problems. Denver is one hit on Peyton away from being mediocre. Baltimore is having problems, Pittsburgh is having problems. It's more wide open this year than its been for a long time. Only one team can be champs every year, y'know....

Like I said, ..or at least knowing they can make noise in the next year or two with who they have now... and like I said, I'll still enjoy the ride for what it's worth, I just think it's kind of silly to watch the same movie every couple of years and act like you've never seen it each time you watch it. And it's not necessarily all about being the champs, it's about having a legitimate shot... and the overwhelming evidence suggests you need elite QB play to do that.

Comparing anything to last year is a joke, because last year was completely unacceptable... it's like it has always been around here when the Chiefs are at least mediocre.... cheers for being competitive and having a chance to make the playoffs, when at least the former should be a pretty basic expectation when you're spending time and possibly a lot of money to watch them play.

But, I'll stop... last night's game was fun. It's the first time in ~3 years that I actually looked forward to them playing a favored team, and to leave with a victory is pretty cool. The defense is legit, and if the offense can develop into one that can at least take advantage of the gifts, they'll be fun to watch, too.

bevischief 09-20-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10001697)
This is absolutely right for me. I want to be happy. I have no reason to want to bitch about something I love and that is to win games but I want to win in the playoffs and have hope that we can win a Super Bowl. Alex Smith does not give me that feeling of hope right now. I want to see better play out of him and see more out of our offense to score touchdowns that we can enjoy to celebrate more of to give our defense something to defend.

I'm happy we are 3-0 but am holding reserve on too much excitement until playoffs~ p p playoffs? Just happy to get a win. Jim Mora

I agree.

otherstar 09-20-2013 10:41 AM

Great analysis, as always! I'm glad I'm not alone in noticing some similarities (however slight they might be right now) in the way Houston played last night to Derrick Thomas. His last sack on Vick (strip attempt with ankle grab) was classic! Houston is a keeper, for sure!

Sannyasi 09-20-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 10001739)
Great analysis, as always! I'm glad I'm not alone in noticing some similarities (however slight they might be right now) in the way Houston played last night to Derrick Thomas. His last sack on Vick (strip attempt with ankle grab) was classic! Houston is a keeper, for sure!

Its unreal how well Houston has played. If he was a one dimensional pass rusher it would be one thing, but for him to be able to get after the quarterback as well as he does and still be able to defend the run and drop into coverage is pretty incredible. Absolute steal of a draft pick.

Beef Supreme 09-20-2013 10:52 AM

I think our offensive line would benefit from committing to pounding the rock more early in the game. The last two weeks, when they had to run it, they did and got in a bit of a groove late in the game.

If we committed more to running earlier, they could get in that run blocking groove earlier and keep us from stalling drives so much. It might also open up the more space around the linebackers giving more room for checkdowns for Alex.

Coogs 09-20-2013 11:01 AM

So all of you guys that can't enjoy this until the playoffs get here... and then we have to win in the playoffs too... probably are not enjoying the Royals season either, are you?

ThaVirus 09-20-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 10001641)
He looked like he took out all the aggravation from whiffing on that block last week on the dude he lowered the boom on this week. LMAO

He lit some DB up last night in pass protection.

He also trucked the shit out of another DB. It wasn't quite the hit he laid on Claiborne but it was nasty nonetheless.

FringeNC 09-20-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10001653)
Maybe I'm misremembering, but it sure seemed like the line settled down when Schwartz came in -- Fisher included.

That's possible. I interpreted the 4th quarter ability of the line to actually block people to the Eagles D wearing down. Smith actually had a little time and Charles actually had a few openings in the 4th quarter. For whatever reason, the O-line in the 4th Q was far better than the rest of the game.

bshmerlie 09-20-2013 11:05 AM

Looking at the remaining schedule the only teams I'm nerveous about are the Broncos and the Texans...and maybe the Colts. Everyone else I think we can handle. The Chargers can score a lot of points but Rivers also collapses under pressure much like Vick. Just remember anything can happen in the playoffs. The AFC is up in the air. The Patriots are not the team of years past. If we stay healthy there's no reason to think we cant make it to the Superbowl. All the planets aligned for the Giants just two years ago. I for one, believe believe it can happen for us as well. We are gonna lose a few games between here and there but I do believe in this team, the coaching staff and the QB.

Iowanian 09-20-2013 11:07 AM

I keep seeing references to Smith's state line comparing TD:INT.

It is indeed great that the Chiefs have such a +turnover rate. My concern is that it's somewhat of an fluke because Alex Smith has hit at least 3-4 defenders with passes that should have been intercepted. He has been very fortunate in his errors.

Tombstone RJ 09-20-2013 11:07 AM

If Charles gets hurt, this team has no offense.

Tombstone RJ 09-20-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 10001840)
Looking at the remaining schedule the only teams I'm nerveous about are the Broncos and the Texans...and maybe the Colts. Everyone else I think we can handle. The Chargers can score a lot of points but Rivers also collapses under pressure much like Vick. Just remember anything can happen in the playoffs. The AFC is up in the air. The Patriots are not the team of years past. If we stay healthy there's no reason to think we cant make it to the Superbowl. All the planets aligned for the Giants just two years ago. I for one, believe believe it can happen for us as well. We are gonna lose a few games between here and there but I do believe in this team, the coaching staff and the QB.

The Chargers are a better team than KC. You guys have benefitted from a rediculously easy schedule so far and a bunch of turnovers by subpar teams.

Iowanian 09-20-2013 11:12 AM

Houston and Poe are going to push Manning's shit in......both next week and twice at the end of the year.

Tombstone RJ 09-20-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10001869)
Houston and Poe are going to push Manning's shit in......both next week and twice at the end of the year.

:rolleyes:

You guys do have an excellent defense but the fact is, you've also benefitted from some lousy play by the other teams.

5 turnovers and kc won by 10 points? Also, the eagles defense sucks.

DBOSHO 09-20-2013 11:15 AM

When we ran out of a traditional singleback or iformation we ran it fine. The pistol is killing us on runs. They've gotta start coming out with Alex under center and pounding the rock. Not trying to be nitpicky with a 3-0 team but if Vick plays any better we lose that game. Offense has to find a running game.