ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Baldwin emerges as the Chiefs’ go-to receiver in single coverage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259985)

Sorter 05-30-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8647387)
The plan will be to single cover Bowe all day because he isn't a big play threat and then don't worry about Baldwin unless he is running a go route.

LMAO, Baldwin has prototypical size and hands to be an excellent possession receiver. Add in his speed, and he as qualities that can make him a legitimate #1. He may never be, but the physical traits are all there. Simply needs reps, which he is getting due to Bowe being out.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 11:03 AM

Baldwin needs to learn how to be a receiver. As it stands now, all he can do is run in a straight line and jump really high. This is why I feel letting go of Haley was a mistake. He was a mastermind at coaching WR's.

Saul Good 05-30-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8647451)
We will have to ease Jamaal into the offense. The first 8 weeks of the year we shouldn't give him more than 10 carries in any game.

I think you're being over cautious. He had surgery on his knee, not his neck.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-30-2012 11:09 AM

Just because they can easily single cover those below average Donkey recievers, doesn't make it true for everyone.

RealSNR 05-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8647483)
Baldwin needs to learn how to be a receiver. As it stands now, all he can do is run in a straight line and jump really high. This is why I feel letting go of Haley was a mistake. He was a mastermind at coaching WR's.

No. That was the route (pun not intended) Demaryius Thomas had to follow. All HE could do as a rookie was run in a straight line.

Baldwin was the most NFL-ready WR in the draft behind Jones and Green last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-30-2012 11:12 AM

I upped Baldwin to 99 in Madden because of the latest developments.

vailpass 05-30-2012 11:14 AM

I'm liking what I hear about this Routt guy.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8647513)
No. That was the route (pun not intended) Demaryius Thomas had to follow. All HE could do as a rookie was run in a straight line.

Baldwin was the most NFL-ready WR in the draft behind Jones and Green last year.

That was the book on DT coming out, and he still isn't a polished route runner but isn't just a go-route WR anymore. DT is more of an athlete though. He is incredibly agile for a guy his size. He moves like a 5'11'' 190 pound guy.

I saw all of Baldwin's highlight tapes coming out and all I remember was him jumping over guys down the sideline.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-30-2012 11:17 AM

I think he can handle Upper Decker.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-30-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8647535)
That was the book on Delirium Tremens coming out, and he still isn't a polished route runner but isn't just a go-route WR anymore. Delirium Tremens is more of an athlete though. He is incredibly agile for a guy his size. He moves like a 5'11'' 190 pound guy.

I have no clue what I'm talking about regarding Baldwin.

FYP :cuss:

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8647503)
I think you're being over cautious. He had surgery on his knee, not his neck.

Jamaal's legs are what pay his bills. Peyton's arm and knowledge of the game pay his. The neck thing is a non-issue.

BossChief 05-30-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8647387)
The plan will be to single cover Bowe all day because he isn't a big play threat and then don't worry about Baldwin unless he is running a go route.

Bowe raped Champ in the finale even though you guys bracketed him.

Who the **** on your team could single cover either of our wideouts?

Welching little bitch.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8647543)
FYP :cuss:

Delirium Tremmens takes a lot longer to type out than DT does.

mikey23545 05-30-2012 11:22 AM

Baldwin emerges as the Chiefs’ go-to receiver in single coverage

I didn't realize the season had even started yet.

vailpass 05-30-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8647551)
Bowe raped Champ in the finale even though you guys bracketed him.

Who the **** on your team could single cover either of our wideouts?

Welching little bitch.

You still have a couple more months to believe this before the reality of the horror that is the Chiefs offense sets in.
Enjoy.