ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Hugo Chavez Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270764)

Donger 03-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9468051)
Remember-he claimed that the US had an earthquake machine. We made the Hatian quake so we could take over another country.

:facepalm:

And Sean Penn just lost his best friend

No, that was teedubya.

DomerNKC 03-05-2013 05:41 PM

Do we get to draft geno now?

CoMoChief 03-05-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9467886)
Despots have been dropping like flies the past few years.

Mubarack, Qaddafi, Kim Jong Il, Chavez, Bin Laden... Castro and the dude in Zimbabwe (Mugabe?) are holding onto life by a thread.

ROFL

Zero Dark Easter Bunny

Frazod 03-05-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9468051)
Remember-he claimed that the US had an earthquake machine. We made the Hatian quake so we could take over another country.

:facepalm:

And Obama just lost his best friend

FYP

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:25 PM

Hopefully US Representative Jose Serrano goes to the same Cuban hospital sometime soon.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9467903)
The death of castro and his brother will probably be the defining moment of Cuba rejoining the civilized world and a relationship with the US.

I wish they would, I'd like to hit the beach there and bring home a barge of vintage cars.

Oil will more likely skyrocket due to the "unrest" and "uncertainty" in the country.

I watched a show once about those cars.

No one wants most of then anymore, the mechanics use whatever is handy.

BUT, They have guys that hand make 57 Chev trim.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 03-05-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9467905)
Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!

Is that you Chevy? :hmmm:

Just Passin' By 03-05-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468374)
Hopefully US Representative Jose Serrano goes to the same Cuban hospital sometime soon.

Can we send the President and all of Congress?

Bugeater 03-05-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468422)
I watched a show once about those cars.

No one wants most of then anymore, the mechanics use whatever is handy.

BUT, They have guys that hand make 57 Chev trim.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, I read an article on Jalopnik quite a while back about them. There's not much original on them anymore, they're all just a bunch of Frankencars farmed together with mostly Russian parts. They have to get creative to keep them on the road. Some of them would probably make great donor cars for body parts though.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9468576)
Yep, I read an article on Jalopnik quite a while back about them. There's not much original on them anymore, they're all just a bunch of Frankencars farmed together with mostly Russian parts. They have to get creative to keep them on the road. Some of them would probably make great donor cars for body parts though.

all the mechanics are "underground" and they have to remember what they used on the cars.

One motor had mismatched pistons from several different motors
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

It was a cool show though
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 03-05-2013 07:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater 03-05-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468625)
all the mechanics are "underground" and they have to remember what they used on the cars.

One motor had mismatched pistons from several different motors
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO how the **** would that even run?

Tried to dig up the old article but I couldn't find it. Here's an excerpt from a more recent one though:

Quote:

But while it may look like a '56 Oldsmobile, things are probably not what they seem underneath. Gas hungry V8s have long been ditched for Fiat four-cylinders. Some are even using differentials and greasy bits from old Land Rovers. And others are running on propane gas tanks in the trunk, because that's cheaper than gasoline.

"Cubans get very creative with ways to fix their cars themselves," Malberti said as he showed me how people squeeze guava and banana pieces to stop up a leaky radiator.

Malberti said there are no new parts for the old cars, which is why seats sometimes come from Volvos and halogen lights are swapped for makeshift ones with fluorescent bulbs.
I don't know how a Fiat 4-banger could even propel one of those old barges. That would be slow as hell.

houstonwhodat 03-05-2013 07:58 PM

Did Bono give him some brown acid??

houstonwhodat 03-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9468546)
Can we send the President and all of Congress?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: